Register now to get rid of these ads!

frankland hub stud info needed please

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by goon56, Oct 27, 2010.

1. goon56

goon56
    from new jersey

hey all dirt trackers. lookin to figure out what kind of wheel studs were used on the frankland hubs mounted to drums. none of the older guys around me seemed to remember, and nothin i can find is even close in the local parts stores books. even asked jamie frankland, and he didn't remember. also know that the studs are different that are used of the earlier frankland/disc brake hubs. the stud i have measurements are this-
    2.5 inches long from inside the head
    the shoulder/ knurl part is 1 and 1/8 inches
    the knurl is .578
    and the tread is 1/2 20

any info you guys have would be appreciated

2. meengrinch

meengrinch
    from ipswich ma

i have just put 4 hubs together and have some extra studs left over.......i will measure them in the am and get back to you

3. i might have some leftover, maybee not the same!! they used a lot of different ones
    think i got a box of old nuts and ruined seals for old 3/4 ton ford axle ends too:eek:

anyone need a non quick change with 2 new sets of gears?? for 3/4 ton ford trk old

4. meengrinch

meengrinch
    from ipswich ma

take a look at these from competition engineering part # 46220 altho they are longer in oal size you can remove the outer part of the stud let us know i used these to mate a 3/4 ton frankland hub to a early ford ribbed drum and they worked good

5. Ted Kempgens

Ted Kempgens
    from Florida

Contact Jamie Frankland at 813 634 9556. Florida

6. goon56

goon56
    from new jersey

says in my post that i asked him. he couldn't remember off the top of his head. looked up comp engineering number before. the knurl seemes too small. i've done some searchin already.

7. 51farmtruck

51farmtruck

HI: I have a pair of frankland hubs if you are interested,came off a QC that put in my model A Chris

8. meengrinch

meengrinch
    from ipswich ma

are they for drum brakes or disc and what are you asking for them? thanks Jim

9. goon56

goon56
    from new jersey

found that ARP makes a stud that is a little longer knurl, and has a slightly bigger knurl. still haven't found one that has a digger head on it to support the drum like the old ones i have. really like to find the right stud becuase it's goin on a daily driver.

10. oj

oj

Try moroso #46220 for franklin hubs. You can go to the moroso web site and check the specs, they are specifically for franklin hubs - (not wide 5 which are bigger yet)

11. goon56

goon56
    from new jersey

i know. taked to the guys at moroso. they're made for disc brake frankland hubs it seems like from the measurements. like i said, i'm goin to be runnin frankland hubs and buick drums. gathered up a few sets and need to find the right stud to put them together. just mainly concerned about the knurl size because the hole in the drum is pretty big and want the stud the right size so the drum will stay centered and tight to the hub.

12. goon56

goon56
    from new jersey

could convert it all to 5/8 studs, but i don't want to and already bought a new set of 1/2 lug nuts

13. racemad55

racemad55

Is the hole in the hub the same as the hole in the brake drum?

14. goon56

goon56
    from new jersey

no. the drum hole is .577. and the hole in the hub is .564. and the stud is .579. holds the drum in place, and gets pressed into the hub. either way, can't find a stud with a .579 knurl anywhere. the stud i have, came out of the hub i measured

15. DICK SPADARO

DICK SPADARO
    Member Emeritus

Is this what you are looking for? This is a Ford hub off a 3/4 ton pickup. Uses stud Ford part number 91d-1107 2.18 long, 1.98 deep, 1.23 long boss, .56 diam by 1/2-20 thread. It is not serrated

Attached Files:

16. goon56

goon56
    from new jersey

hey dick, what do you mean not serrated? and what's the difference between long and deep? the knurl on the one i have is .579. i'll have to post a pic up

17. goon56

goon56
    from new jersey

still not sure exactly what they are, but a buddy of mine got a set for me from an old racer. with the fat knurl and long shoulder. best part is, he only wanted a thank you letter in return for the studs. now i can put my racin hubs together. still wonder what they're from though