Register now to get rid of these ads!

62-65 Superstock Mopars picture thread..

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by caseyajones, Mar 24, 2008.

1. storm king

storm king

Hardtop Hemi clone is interesting. There were very few lightweight Hemi hardtops built, and in fact I only remember seeing one back in the day, Bill Flynn's "Yankee Peddler". I think Flynn's also had the "upline" 440 trim package like your Dad's clone.
    Cool, different. Love your max wedge!

2. wlspdshop

wlspdshop
    from Missouri

^^^^Wow!!! Very nice

3. KaZaNi

KaZaNi
    from Oregon

My father's '63 factory lightweight max wedge

Attached Files:

Last edited: Sep 16, 2010
  4. mopar_ubbe

mopar_ubbe
    from Sweden

It was a Coronet 500 361cui, I did the resto in 2 month here in sweden, It has a 500cui wedge with tunnel ram.

Attached Files:

5. jesco

jesco
    from sweden

Hi,
    Has been a quite bad summer here but did get a quite nice time slip. This is from the second and last try that day, then it started to rain as usually...

/cheers

Attached Files:

6. Gonna sell mine now. Had it almost 11 years, and 40,000+ miles. Time for something new.
    Don

7. zolis31

zolis31
    from florida

Hi, im looking for drag racing photos of a superstock 1963 Dodge 330 Lightweight Aluminum front end car. my stepfather owns this car and im trying to help him find some history. We believe it was raced in louisiana and texas from 63-mid 70's. it has a moving company decal on the side of the car and it has dodge decals on the rear quarterpanels. if anyone has any pictures or any information it is greatly appreciated.

8. Vern Christy

Vern Christy
    from Picton Ont

Attached pic of Thunder II Car on page 21 that was shot at the old Mohawk Dragway in @ 65

Attached Files:

9. Vern Christy

Vern Christy
    from Picton Ont

And another one. Mohawk Dragway @ 65

Attached Files:

10. asbell

asbell

good to see some of john petre pictures. my old boss worked with john on the canadian highlander also known as the piper. is john still around? is he still on the islands.......magnumcharger where in nb are you? did you race around maritimes?

11. Beentherebefore

Beentherebefore

An update on Rick Johnson's '64 Aluminum front end Hemi Dodge which won SS Elim at the recent NHRA Lucas Oil nationals at Brainerd. There is an interesting history to this car if you can read the dark blue sidebar on the lower left of the page. Article and pictures are from the Sept.3, 2010 issue of "National Dragster".

[​IMG]

Attached Files:

12. Beentherebefore

Beentherebefore

Fremont, Calif...................1965

One of Harry Holton's early cars. Last I saw, Harry was still building top line Hemis. He is listed as the engine builder for at least one SSer on the NHRA national records page.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Attached Files:

13. Beentherebefore

Beentherebefore

Fremont, Calif.................1965

This thing was traveling a little too fast for the capability of the photography gear I had back then but I'm sure that most of you old timers will nevertheless recognize the car.

[​IMG]

Attached Files:

14. Beentherebefore

Beentherebefore

Half Moon Bay, Calif...................1964

The Sutton & Walls car driven by Gary Sutton. If I'm remembering correctly, this car also ran out of Melrose Motors and was a pretty good bet to trophy if the "Melrose Missile" wasn't at the track.

[​IMG]

Attached Files:

15. Beentherebefore

Beentherebefore

Fremont, Calif...............circa early 1966

Packwood Motors car vs Sutton & Walls car for SS/A trophy.

[​IMG]

Attached Files:

16. Beentherebefore

Beentherebefore

Fremont, Calif.........1964

Not exactly a SSer but I thought that I would post this here for any of you oldtimers that might remember "Maverick".

[​IMG]

Attached Files:

17. MCINK

MCINK
    from EASTRIVER

Oahe Speedway
    Pierre, SD

[​IMG]

18. storm king

storm king

Wow, thanks, Beentherebefore, great pix! Yes, I regret that my camera gear from those early years really left something to be desired. I had a little box camera I won at some silly contest at a Plymouth Dealer. I usually had a finger or two in front of the lense!

19. 4406

from Oklahoma

I have a vhs tape somewhere,with Holton setting a record with a SS Cuda. The tape is called Four Days in May,and my good friend Chris is on there with his Fairlane. Damn now I have to look for it to watch it again.

20. Beentherebefore

Beentherebefore

Yes, Harry Holton was a regular at any big $$$ or points meet in Southern Calif in the 60s,70s, and 80s. He was never a Chrysler front-line factory supported driver so he usually had year old hand-me downs which he then massaged to run well. He ran a '65 A990 car while the Chrysler supported drivers were running '68 Hemi Darts & 'Cudas. He then got one of the '68 'Cudas when most of the front-line guys went into Pro Stock. He ran that 'Cuda for years.... probably the one you are referring to.

21. Beentherebefore

Beentherebefore

Well, post whatever old Mopar pictures you have, fingers and all. Nobody has jumped on me (yet) for the less-than-stellar quality of mine. For historical ambience purposes, sometimes the amateur shots are better than the professional ones.

22. storm king

storm king

I would love to, but as some folks here know, I lost all my photos in '07 when I moved to Ky. I told the movers I didnt care what they tore up or lost, just make sure my pictures arrive safe. Care to guess what, of all my possessions, did not arrive in Ky? My entire racing archive from 1963, all my family picutres, including my life before my first wife and our firstborn daughter passed away, all my kids and grandkids pix, everything; gone.
    I do have some pix just because my brother happened to have that part of the collection in his possession at the time, but it's not even 2% of what we had...

23. Beentherebefore

Beentherebefore

Sorry, Storm King.....I didn't know.

24. storm king

storm king

Just life. You get get on with it or let it destroy you, I choose life!

25. BLUE HEMI

BLUE HEMI
    from new jersey

great superstock mopar post!thanx guys!

26. MCINK

MCINK
    from EASTRIVER

Thunder Valley Dragways
    Marion, SD
    [​IMG]

27. stanzig44

stanzig44
    from Blakely PA

Found this picture in with my dad's old racing pictures from Maple Grove-

[​IMG]

28. Just saw your car...any chance it's for sale? If not, do you know of one? I'm looking for a 65 Plymouth and a 65 Dodge.

29. love em'....thanks for posting guys....

30. Byron Crump

Byron Crump