Register now to get rid of these ads!

Anyone starting a new project?

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by low budget, Oct 26, 2010.

1. magsnubby

magsnubby
    from Fresno,Ca

Gonna redo the T-Bucket this winter. The frame will be gloss black, the engine will stay Chevy orange. I haven't decided on a color yet but i'm leaning towards Hugger orange with black interior. I still need to decide on a bed. I'm thinking about a 28" bed or a flat bed with short stake sides. I'll replace the spun aluminum tank with a fuel cell.

Attached Files:

2. low budget

low budget
    from Central Ky

How about a wrecker bed? The kids would love it;)
    [​IMG]

3. oldschool king 27

oldschool king 27

working on my 64 plymouth fury altered wheelbase car

Attached Files:

4. inlinr6

inlinr6

Here is my new project,I told myself no more basket cases...I listen well.

Attached Files:

5. Like an addict I'm getting close to having the truck ready for paint so of course I bought another to start on. I should stay busy as long as it doesn't get to cold. Thinking about it I really do have a lot I want to get done by next spring.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

6. L-Diablo

L-Diablo

x2 on that project but mine is a 65 imperial crown

7. D ROD

D ROD
    from New Jersey

Working on this project now through 2011. Chop is almost complete, next we are massaging the rest of the body,then starting on the chassis. progress is moving well.

Attached Files:

8. AJofHollywood

AJofHollywood

I'm building a real 50's track roadster with 100% vintage parts (less some maintenance parts; rubber parts, tires, battery, etc).

By the way, this 27 roadster body pictured is for sale.

Attached Files:

9. bobw

bobw

[​IMG]
    Tube framed street Altered. NHRA legal. It will have doors.

10. poboyross

poboyross
    from West TN

Starting on my Model A build....sans the Model A ;) I picked up what will be under the hood, and now on the hunt for everything else! lol

[​IMG]

11. memphisrain

memphisrain

Model A Tudor:

[​IMG]

mR

12. 32coupedeville

32coupedeville
    from cincy

i am working on a sedoupe. a 32 ford sedan that was ruff . i am turning it in to a 5 window coupe. chopped and channeled with a buick 401 nailhead and 50 merc chrome reversr wheels and a 51 buick dask. this will keep me busy for the winter

Attached Files:

13. fattysgarage

fattysgarage

I plan on working on some support type projects. I'm building a body lift based on plans I found on the internet to get my car bodies up off the ground to work on. I'm also going to build an engine cradle to start working on a Pontiac Flathead Six I just bought. OH! and I'm putting a wood stove in my garage too.

14. darkk

darkk

I got this motor? 388 stroker 750+ hp came out of my 69 Camaro race car Now all I need is something to drop it in....maybe Santa will be nice.:)[​IMG]

15. Heading off to Sturgeon Bay tomorrow (early) to pick up my new daily - '76 Sedan DeVille!!

Economy (mine) sucked most of the year, but I finally scraped enough together to pick up a car. Been riding my bike since t'was not icy, but that's not gonna work for much longer 'round these parts.

Anyway, waiting to get it to finalise plans. Early indices are sound system upgrade (from non-working to ?!?!), and possible cam, as MTS has some intriguing bits on offer.

Immediates are tires, belts, hoses, and complete fluid change. Along with alt and starter rebuilds, and a new water pump. Should get the reliability right back to where it should be - Caddy reliable!!

Cosmo

16. bulletproof1

bulletproof1
    from tulsa okla

by next spring i hope to have a new motor and trans (383 sbc 350 turbo) fenderwell headers and lift spindles for my 53 ford...
    got the motor at the machine shop now..

17. ol'chevy

ol'chevy

62 Ford unibody. For a client. crown Vic front end, 8.8 rear, crate 390 with a tremec 5 speed.

18. low budget

low budget
    from Central Ky

Drivin that 55 yet? I love it,Its one of my favorites;)

19. lippy

lippy
    from Ks

Not yet. Damn race cars keep getting in the way. But I did get a real nice 300 horse 327 for it complete with the 2-1/2" manifolds and a T-10. :D Now I'm torn between leaving the original 235 and glide in it or not. It's only got 82,000 on the car.:)

20. scrap metal 48

scrap metal 48

Have plenty to do over the winter.....

Attached Files:

• 008.jpg
      008.jpg
      File size:
      520 KB
      Views:
    • 010.jpg
      010.jpg
      File size:
      510.1 KB
      Views:
  21. Retro61

Retro61

Bought a '34 5-window i've been after for about 20yrs.!Got to get all floor pans, Rockers, Door bottoms, and Patch panels, and then i'll be ready for the 331 Hemi, and the Quickchange! Hope Santa leaves lots of $$$$.Don't actyally think Winter is long enough for me to get everything finished! Oh, plus a 6inch Chop!

22. Beebeebobby

Beebeebobby
    from Webb City

I been toying with getting rid of the 62 falcon wagon and doing a T Bucket...or just taking the wagon as far as possible in the restore and then moving on to something else.

23. The37Kid

The37Kid

The '30 Roadster and Lyndwood rail projects are moving along at a snail pace. Picked up a '29 Steel Back Fordor rear section at Hershey, located the doors & cowl, so that makes for another project.

Attached Files:

Last edited: Oct 29, 2010
  24. chillywilly

chillywilly

50 club coupe. body is "good" normal spots, picked up 8ba with 2x2 offy t-10 8" 54 olds trim. Chopping this weekend!!!!!!!!!!!!! not too much 3 or so on the a pillar. areostar front springs & dropped spindles de arched rear leafs with 51 shackles and small blocks.... molding lights handles, nose and hood filled deck filled... smooth bumpers - maybe Briz... Giddy Up!!

Attached Files:

25. Went to look at the '48 in the background. It's all stock w/flathead 6. Ended up buying it and the truck it was supposed to be a parts truck for, that's in the foreground. Both hadn't been driven since 1982.

The previous owner started "restoring" the one with the chrome rims, so when I got it, it was somewhat torn apart. My plan is just to make it run and drive. I do need a few parts swapped between the two. Maybe put some wide whites on the stock wheels I already have.

I try to keep my expectations low to avoid disappointment later on. Anything more that gets done is a bonus.

[​IMG]

26. mj40's

mj40's

But why would anyone want both a 40 coupe and a pickup? :D
    Nice coupe and by the looks of your frame the pickup will be even better.

27. -Brent-

-Brent-

Great projects, is it too much to ask for a build thread from all of you? :D

[​IMG]

This will get started in 2011. A car that's pretty inspirational in stance and such.

[​IMG]

28. ClimisCD

ClimisCD

Bought a 55 Firedome this summer for my first build. Right now I'm still in the research and planning stage. I'm a true FNG so this will be a learning experience. The only maintenance experience I have is 6 years as an aircraft avionics tech (EC-130). Luckily there is a full auto hobby shop on base with staff that can help you. I've done a few things so maybe I'll get started on that build thread.

29. 1936 chevy coupe. chopped, made 3 window, flush teardrop skirts. steelies with deco style caps, bias ply. 235 straight six, two pot. late 1940s/early 50s, art deco, classy custom. majority of work being performed by Aaron Labato at "U.S. Kustoms". designed by me

Attached Files:

30. ChrisBorsheim

ChrisBorsheim

Finishing up my nova and finding a new project hopefully by spring to start on.[​IMG]