Register now to get rid of these ads!

Putting away my toys...

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by flynbrian48, Oct 26, 2010.

1. MENACE

MENACE
    from PHOENIX AZ

Drove the roadster last night it was a chilly 65 out, SORRY

2. MENACE

MENACE
    from PHOENIX AZ

I just couldnt resist

3. Mnhotrodbuilder

Mnhotrodbuilder
    from Afton, MN

I kinda put my toys away during monsoon season here. The rest of the year is free game though. It's because the roadster has no windows and coupe no hood, I need a 4 season ride :( I have been known to throw a gortex jacket on and drive in the rain a little:)

4. Aaron51chevy

Aaron51chevy

Actually it was 65 here a day or so ago too, untill the huricane came yesterday:eek:

I'd drive year round also if it wasn't for salt like Brian said, it's terrible on cars. I can't sacrifice old cars to the gods of salt yet, only new crap (although I'm bummed my 03 suburban is rusting..)

I LOVE spring/fall and all but the coldest part of winter, I HATE working on cars in 90 deg. heat with 90 deg humidity, HATE it. Yeah AC helps, but half my cars are outside, and I dread it in august.
    Give me 50's and 60's and sunny to work on my cars ANY time over that. Hell even into the 30's ain't bad if you bundle up.
    Plus I love me a white christmas, it's just the white feburary and march I can do without:D.

Now if I could just figure out how to get all me tree leaves to fall into the neighbors yard.....

5. mj40's

mj40's

Things are winding down in Boi Angeles Idaho. The mountains have had snow and won't be long until it hits the valleys. Mine are licensed and insured all year so always have that option if we have a nice day. We have a local New Years Day cruise that always brings out the hardy even when we have a couple inches of snow. Like flynbrian48 I have a winter project to tend to keep me sane. We hope so anyway.

6. crotex

crotex
    BANNED
    from cuero, tx

I am in south Texas so I got all year.

7. need louvers ?

need louvers ?

Man o man, We just got done pulling all the open stuff out of the garage! Too many things going on in the coming 10-12 weeks or so to even think about! To quote Daniel Tosh from comedy central, "I love the seasons, that's why I live somewhere that skips most of the shitty ones!"

8. atorsiello

atorsiello
    from New Jersey

I try to drive mine every day until the first snow (and some years we don't have any) but once they salt the streets it's over until a good spring rain to wash the salt away.

9. G V Gordon

G V Gordon
    from Enid OK

They make hats and coats for a reason.

[​IMG]

10. propwash

propwash
    from Las Vegas

very seldom down here that we cannot go flying or hotrodding. Even when it's a bit chilly, it's usually clear and crisp. Club jacket, watch cap, decent gloves, you're cruisin'.

11. big bad john

big bad john

Don't rub it in!!!!!!!!!!!..........You lucky bastards that live in the warm south.......snow is coming to Wisconsin soon.............You lucky bastards.........

12. Abomb

Abomb

Like other's have said, winter is the project season.....

As with Roger in Denver, we have at least one nice day every month, so you can still drag the toys out, but if it never snowed, I'd never take anything apart to make it better.....although, I never take both Harleys apart at the same time...

13. millersgarage

millersgarage

My coupe is put away for the winter too, sadly the '47 never came out.......

Winters in Michigan are for working on other toys while the finished ones hibernate

14. Mnhotrodbuilder

Mnhotrodbuilder
    from Afton, MN

You can rub in the fact you have trees in the midwest, and water, and grass. I grew up in MN and miss those things......OK I'm going for a drive now:)

15. pincher

pincher
    from Saginaw

Winter SUX. I just got the 30 a brand new 4 bolt,Tri-Power worked all summer on this and now that everything is done, i have to put it away. My new 27 T coupe project is blocking it's way out of the garage.......PINCHER

16. big bad john

big bad john

............Thanks a lot.......its 35 outside and starting to snow now.....wind about 40 mph.........Sure glad I made you smile today.....like I said before....You lucky bastard...

17. we have two riding season in Iowa -road construction season and road salt season

18. ol'chevy

ol'chevy

Y'all can keep that snow shit.

[​IMG]
    Comet, where are you in SC? You coming to Goodguys in Charlotte?

19. DocWatson

DocWatson
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

I saw snow once, two day drive to get there, spent about 3 hours there and came home. Never again!!:eek: That shit is cold!
    Who knew??!!

Doc.

20. big bad john

big bad john

.....Three hours is nothing.....try spending 4 months in that cold shit.....

21. general gow

general gow
    Staff Member

mark, when are you coming back to the states? cool man, on the east coast, i might actually have a chance to meet you. and maybe our cars can meet someday too. mark

22. xhotrodder

xhotrodder

Brian, You got a sweet ride there, but I don't know if I would be broadcasting it's in a trailer, with all the thefts being reported on here lately.