Register now to get rid of these ads!

Event Coverage Texas State Championships 2010 - Nostalgia Drags & Hot Rod Show - San Antonio, TX

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by TexasHardcore, Sep 13, 2010.

1. TexasHardcore

TexasHardcore
    from Austin-ish

I just want to say thanks to everyone who came out and made the TSC a big time event. Thanks to the Kreatures Car Club of Austin for their car show and helping with the parking. Thanks to the Rebels of San Antonio for the great Swap Meet and the stage. Thanks to all the sponsors and vendors that came out and helped out.

2. My brother and I got there early, stayed late and had a great time. That was the highest quality drag racing that I've seen in a long tmie. The members of the TTA and other organizations and clubs that put it on can be proud of themselves and I hope that they all are. If I was hard pressed to do so I might be able to pick my favorite ten race cars but it would be very tough to do so. Congratulations and thanks for putting on such a great show. We will be there next year.

3. MaxCacklePhotos.com

MaxCacklePhotos.com
    from Dallas

4. scottybaccus

scottybaccus

WOW! You really captured that one!
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

Earth to Danny, Please return to base....

5. Rusty

Rusty

oh lordy! awesome shot!

6. rebelrat

rebelrat

That is the ultimate change of underwear shot !!

7. 76cam

76cam

Man what a great time can't wait till next year !!!! Even though my friend drove my car I still had a blast.Didn't think my old rag would draw so much attenion....

8. HOT ROD BILL

HOT ROD BILL

That was the "Dirty Dare Devils" out of North Texas, they always put on a good show!!!

9. roadster-racer

roadster-racer
    from Austin, TX

The Texas Timing Association congratulates all the racers who made it through the rounds to become the final winners at the 2010 Texas State Championship Race at San Antonio Raceway.

Lifetime Achievement Award -- J.E. Kristek
    Top Fuel Dragster -- Donnie Anderson
    Outlaw Fuel Altered -- Jimmy Jones
    Southwest Junior Fuel Dragster -- Ricky Marshall (repeat of 2009 TSC win)
    Texas Blown Fuel -- Rich Witko
    Top Index Eliminator -- T. Wilson
    Super Eliminator -- R. Hudel
    Competition Eliminator -- R. Fisher
    Modified Eliminator -- O. Struxness
    Middle Eliminator -- W. Dyrenforth
    Junior Eliminator -- M. Rogge
    Little Eliminator -- J. Dempsey
    Modified Hot Rod Eliminator -- J. Wills
    Hot Rod Eliminator -- B. Napier
    Street Eliminator -- D. Bradford
    Jr. Street Eliminator -- R. Shackleford
    Bracket Eliminator -- D. Bradford

Last edited: Oct 28, 2010
  10. Thanks to Ed Miller and the TTA crew.....we had a great weekend with a lot of friends in spite of the "new car" problems that ranged from the valves shutting some of the spark plugs to going the wrong way when trying to figure out the fuel system quirks:eek:......ahhhh, the trials and tribulations of figuring out new systems.

What a nice track and friendly staff. For those of you who stayed at home because of the "weather" or whatever:rolleyes:......YOU missed one heck of a day!!!!!

Thanks again for creating a venue for the "real racers" mixed in with "our old timey Little River kind of cars".....We'll be back:D!!!! Whooo Hoooo

11. Kreepy

Kreepy
    from Austin, Tx

I second that Skot! What a great day. Great to meet everyone and experiance my first "real" drag race. With a special thanks to Ed and the TTA crew.

12. Rusty

Rusty

Yeap we gotta support all the local events that want us there!!!!!!!! It was a great time, great weather, and a awesome track!!!!!!!! We will definately be abck next year to support this

13. buzzard

buzzard
    Alliance Member

Sorry I missed out on this one. Looks like a great event!

14. Rusty,
    I'm in total agreement with you about supporting all the local events that want us there....I was disappointed that some of the local Austin groups weren't there.....These events will disappear if not supported.
    OK, now let me climb down from the "soapbox":rolleyes: and concentrate on all the good things that happened.....like everyone seems to be saying....."What a great event!"

15. HOT ROD BILL

HOT ROD BILL

Skot, there may have been a "Hot Wheels" race in Austin that weekend. It was great watching the Big Boys tear up the 1/4 mile and us little guys tore it up too. Thanks TTA, great event !!!

16. Junior Stock

Junior Stock

Nice to get to run my non HAMB friendly car with friends.
    As a suggestion Ed please start the racing earlier or make this a two day race. Us old folks get a little cranky after our bed time.

17. saltracer

saltracer

Hey Skot, I guess we're just gonna have to put something together to match race with you. (If I could just get rid of this Comet!) Phil

18. OldTopGasser

OldTopGasser

What a great race! Well worth the 1260-mile round trip from Bella Vista, Arkansas. Sheeesh...now we gotta wait twelve whole months for the next one!!

19. Hey Old Top Gasser...my bro has a shop in Anderson, Mo... Hartman's.

20. I don't have a lot of details yet, but the Summer of Love Top Fuel Dragster (Texas State Championship winner) was involved in a single car accident at the track this weekend. From what I can gather, something went wrong during a run, and Donnie ran off the end of the track at roughly 100 mph. Thankfully. he is OK, but a little sore, not sure how badly the car is damaged.

21. Kenneth S

Kenneth S

22. Rusty

Rusty

23. HOT ROD BILL

HOT ROD BILL

Awwwwwwwwwwwwww man!!!! Been watching those guys do test & tune at SA, sorry!

24. roadster-racer

roadster-racer
    from Austin, TX

The 2010 Texas State Championship Race is over, and some very big "Thank You's!" are in order for all the help and support we got from many hardcore HAMB'ers and all the other people responsible for making TSC-10 such a big event.

But first, a huge "Thank God" that our dear racing friend and TSC-10 Top Fuel winner Donnie Anderson was not seriously injured in the top end crash that wrecked his Summer of Love AA/FD last weekend during testing runs (photo above).

We all owe a lot to the racers from the Outlaw Fuel Altereds, Southwest Junior Fuel, Texas Blown Fuel, and Southwest Superchargers that made the race all that it was.

The Texas Timing Association owes much to Coordinator Jeremy Johnson, Swap Meet and Stage Coordinators Chevy Rat and the Rebels Race Club, Car Show and Parking help from the Kreatures Car Club, and the support of Jack Chisenhall and John Moreno of Vintage Air for the beautiful three foot tall Lifetime Achievement Award trophy and its classy presentation to San Antonio Fuel Godfather J.E. Kristek. Larry Larkin of the Gear Heads Car Club of Buda did outstanding work in promoting the event.

The rest of the big thanks I want to give here goes to all the HAMB'ers who joined in to spread the word and make the Texas State Championship Race the huge success it was. They are: Hot Rod Bill, Kenneth S, Skotz, Rusty, Junior Stock, Mikey, Blasted, 76cam, Scottybaccus, Wesley, Dirty2, Buzzard, and Texas Greazer13. Dozens of others joined in, but these guys took on the burden of making their HAMB buddies aware of the event and keeping it up at the top of the threads in the weeks before the race. Some of these guys are old friends and some are new friends, but they are all very valued and appreciated friends for what they helped make happen.

We're working right now to schedule next years Texas State Championship Race sometime after the Day of the Drags in early October and before Halloween and November, whenever we can get an open date at San Antonio Raceway and line up all of the major fuel drag racing circuits on the same weekend again.

Final major thanks go to Freddy Cruz, operator of San Antonio Raceway, who made it possible for a bunch of us oldtime traditional hot rodders and drag racers to put on a big event like this at a 1st class 1/4 mile facility like SAR, track manager Bob Farey who kept it running smoothly, all the SAR staff and crew, and the volunteers from the Texas Timing Association who put in an 18 hour day after other helpers faded away.

Keep your eye on the calendar. We're gonna do this all over again in late October at San Antonio Raceway next year, bigger and better than ever!

Thank y'all!!!

25. Kenneth S

Kenneth S

I enjoyed helping out any way I could, it was a great event for the first one in San Antonio, and it's great that it will be back!

26. 76cam

76cam

Same goes for me. It was a blast. Mabey next year I can help out more.

27. scottybaccus

scottybaccus

Never had anyone thank me for talking too much... Cool!

I really enjoyed it. I love Day of the Drags, but it's like having only one bookend. I think this event completes the set.

28. roadster-racer

roadster-racer
    from Austin, TX

The 2010 Texas State Championship Race will be broadcast nationally on the Inside Drag Racing program on Sunday, December 12th. Inside Drag Racing is carried on the Fox Sports SW cable TV channel. TSC-10 was the largest nostalgia drag race held in Texas this century, and featured the Season Finale's of the Outlaw Fuel Altered Ass'n, Texas Blown Fuel Ass'n, and Southwest Junior Fuel Ass'n. There were 50 front-engined Fuel Dragsters and supercharged Fuel Altereds, plus nearly 100 more pre-'72 racers and traditional hot rods, plus a Cacklefest of historic Fuel Dragsters and Fuel Funny Cars, a car show, and live bands. See it all unfold 12/12/10 on National TV.

Last edited: Nov 23, 2010
  29. Kenneth S

Kenneth S

Ed, check your email.

BTW: did anyone get the TV show on DVD, I missed it, and would like to see it. Thanks.

30. Kenneth S

Kenneth S