Register now to get rid of these ads!

Anyone starting a new project?

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by low budget, Oct 26, 2010.

1. low budget

low budget
    from Central Ky

Winter projects etc.
    what do you have?
    what have you found?
    everyone workin on the same thing as last year?
    Let us see whatcha got.

2. chevyshack

chevyshack

I still havent got to my 52 chevy. I replaced the gas tank and re-fabbed a brake bracket over a year ago. Havent touched the car since. I really want to but i have no money or time right now. Priority thing. Its sitting outside rusting away.

3. oldnuts

oldnuts
    from nebraska

im airbagging and swapping the solid axle for a mustang II front suspension in my 64 f100 this winter. that is if the weather isnt to horrible since i have no garage

4. Ratroddude

Ratroddude
    BANNED

Recently started on my '57 Belair wagon , tryin to get it up and going in a year , it's going back as close to stock as possible , its a factory p/s , pb , tinted window , a/c , positive traction car , so , from what I'm told , it's kinda of a rare bird....

Attached Files:

5. BLUE HEMI

BLUE HEMI
    from new jersey

well ive got a 66 olds starfire im supposed to pick up for 400.00,2dr,425 motor,console and tach.needs work.motor dosnt run,but its all there.hopefully fix it up paint it black,maybe cragers,alittle custom stuff,etc...

6. slickschoppers

slickschoppers
    from Iowa

53 f100 shortbox.

got it stripped to the frame and working on getting it ready for paint this winter.

7. Kustomkarma

Kustomkarma

Just picked up a steel '24 / '25 T body. I'm currently trying to sell my '64 Comet so I can get some funds to build a shop this Fall, then get started on my Hot Rod build in Spring.

8. pincher

pincher
    from Saginaw

Just picked up a 27 T coupe to work on. Plan on 3 or 4 " chanell no chop. I have cut every car i have ever owned, this one won't be chopped. Model A frame, sweep the front 8"Z in rear coil over. 9" POSI rear end.Got a 350 chevy in the shop....4" drop axle reverse eye spring.hairpin's......PINCHER

9. Draggin wagon

Draggin wagon

i'm finally gettin to my 48 fleetmaster!! Been re doin my garage so its more user friendly, cause this will be my biggest project yet... and orginazation means faster... Super stoked about it!! want to roll it by next fall!!

10. fitzee

fitzee

Been cracking on my Fleetline. Not long home from working on it.

Attached Files:

11. just procrastinating, and doing a good job at it. too many others to fix

12. BOWTIE BROWN

BOWTIE BROWN

decided to open wheel my 40 pu. & channel 4"
    going to drive it to the hamb drags next year if it kills me. (it might )
    GOD BLESS AMERICA....HOME OF THE FREE , BECAUSE OF THE BRAVE.

13. ThrottleJockey

ThrottleJockey

1928 Ford Coupe AV8

Attached Files:

14. '64 Chrysler Crown Imperial I'm pretty much just freshening up under the hood(belts, hoses, plugs wires..etc. basics) And trying to de-grannyize the car. Skinny whites on stock blue metalflaked wheels for now.

15. buzz4041

buzz4041
    from Texas

Just got some work done on the chassis build for my 40 pickup.

Attached Files:

16. Its summer over here in Australia, getting to be good working on old cars weather. Patiently waiting for my '49 Caddy Club Coupe to arrive from the States so I can get stuck into it. The wait is killing me!

Lots to do and I just want to get started!!!

17. BadassBadger

BadassBadger
    from wisconsin

here my work for winter!
    (i am desperate to have it ''mostly'' done by spring!)
    [​IMG]

Attached Files:

18. PeteFromTexas

PeteFromTexas

I sold my daily driver go finance the rebuild my dads old truck. 69 chevy Pickup. Factory big block 396 and od automatic. Factory A/C, power steering, power brakes and a load of extras. That's project number 4 at the moment! It will very soon br my daily driver. I can't wait to drive it.

It was my dads daily for years when I was a kid. It's finally getting rebuilt.

19. Budget build here on a 50 shoebox coupe. 2 1/2 weeks into it. So far body is half stipped, motor in , kinda. made my own motor mounts today. Long winter here, should be able to get lots done.

Attached Files:

20. squirrel

squirrel

I found a "new" engine for my 57 one ton, I've been tinkering with it and trying to decide what bed to use.

Attached Files:

21. Morrisman

Morrisman
    from England

I've recently started my 'glass bodied RPU. Not to everybody's taste, but hell, they aren't exactly laying around on the ground outside the USA:

<!--[if gte mso 9]><xml> <w:WordDocument> <w:View>Normal</w:View> <w:Zoom>0</w:Zoom> <w:Compatibility> <w:BreakWrappedTables/> <w:SnapToGridInCell/> <w:WrapTextWithPunct/> <w:UseAsianBreakRules/> </w:Compatibility> <w:BrowserLevel>MicrosoftInternetExplorer4</w:BrowserLevel> </w:WordDocument> </xml><![endif]--><!--[if gte mso 10]> <style> /* Style Definitions */ table.MsoNormalTable {mso-style-name:"Table Normal"; mso-tstyle-rowband-size:0; mso-tstyle-colband-size:0; mso-style-noshow:yes; mso-style-parent:""; mso-padding-alt:0in 5.4pt 0in 5.4pt; mso-para-margin:0in; mso-para-margin-bottom:.0001pt; mso-pagination:widow-orphan; font-size:10.0pt; font-family:"Times New Roman";} </style> <![endif]--> [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

http://www.jalopyjournal.com/forum/showthread.php?t=523411
    <!--[if gte mso 9]><xml> <w:WordDocument> <w:View>Normal</w:View> <w:Zoom>0</w:Zoom> <w:Compatibility> <w:BreakWrappedTables/> <w:SnapToGridInCell/> <w:WrapTextWithPunct/> <w:UseAsianBreakRules/> </w:Compatibility> <w:BrowserLevel>MicrosoftInternetExplorer4</w:BrowserLevel> </w:WordDocument> </xml><![endif]--><!--[if gte mso 10]> <style> /* Style Definitions */ table.MsoNormalTable {mso-style-name:"Table Normal"; mso-tstyle-rowband-size:0; mso-tstyle-colband-size:0; mso-style-noshow:yes; mso-style-parent:""; mso-padding-alt:0in 5.4pt 0in 5.4pt; mso-para-margin:0in; mso-para-margin-bottom:.0001pt; mso-pagination:widow-orphan; font-size:10.0pt; font-family:"Times New Roman";} </style> <![endif]-->

22. Rumor has it that I was recently seen dragging a 34 Ford truck cab with lots of patina into my garage.:eek: I guess that I can confirm that rumor!:D

23. low budget

low budget
    from Central Ky

Still the same here,Ive put a few miles on it and enjoyed it as is this summer after getting it on the road.
    I like it as is but I think it would look good hugger orange like this one with my wheels and stance for a 70s look.
    So as the old timers say (I need to get a second wind) if Im goin to paint:rolleyes:

Attached Files:

24. its taken me 4 years to finnally get a start on this one

[​IMG]

budget build.

25. Want to get my '29 Chevy running with the original 6-cylinder by spring, drive it like that for a season then install my 327/th350 Ford 9" rear and '40 ford juice brakes next year. I have all the parts, I just don't have the time for the full scale hop-up right now and I want something to drive next summer!

Attached Files:

26. bobjob55

bobjob55

not this year ,,, maybe next year ...still waiting on health to get better ,,,, and disability checks to start rolling in ...

27. Aaron51chevy

Aaron51chevy

back to work on my Model A, worked on it last winter, then didn't do much all summer, now back at it this fall. Got the motor mounts almost done. I need to update my build thread...

28. crotex

crotex
    BANNED
    from cuero, tx

Just started on my 27 t coupe. I already built the frame and floor structure. Hoping to cruise it to Lonestar oundup in Austin in April.

29. lippy

lippy
    from Ks

Gathering parts for another FED. 188 inch wb . BBC inj nitro. 427, hilborn stacks high gear only. 8-3/4 rear, 2.90 gear. Just takes time. :D

30. primus2010

primus2010

Finishing and old project, 1937 Dodge, and starting a new one, which is finally being delivered today. 1960 Hillman Husky, have a few rough spots on the body to attend to then its off to the drawing board for it.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]