Register now to get rid of these ads!

Putting away my toys...

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by flynbrian48, Oct 26, 2010.

1. flynbrian48

flynbrian48

Pulled the '36 into the trailer this morning, so summers "officially" over. The weather is supposed to rapidly become a lot more "fall-like" today and thru the weekend, so I guess I might as well have things put away before it gets really nasty.

It's kind of sad, but I am happy in one way. Now, I won't be tempted to go for a ride or just goof off instead of working on the Diamond T or the Thunderbird!:rolleyes:

http://flynbrian48.wordpress.com/

Attached Files:

2. TheWrenchbender

TheWrenchbender
    from Belton SC

Cool toys flynbrian48, We've got a little while longer here before the nasty stuff starts. And then it wont be anything near what ya'll get. I looked at your Diamond T it's looking good, what year is it? I've got a much larger one in a 1951 vintage with the Herculese inline 6 power plant.

3. 40StudeDude

40StudeDude

Yep, time to quit "crusing" around...12" to 22" of new snow in the mountains yesterday, closed Vail Pass and Eisenhower Tunnel for a few hours yesterday...our winter is here and coming your way...

R-

4. squirrel

squirrel

that's why I never get anything done....there's no such thing as "putting away the toys" here

5. R Frederick

R Frederick
    from illinois

I'm going to drive mine through the winter on clear days. I don't care how bad I freeze.:D

6. HotRod33

HotRod33

I have mine out all winter except in the snow....... maybe I'll put a heater in it this year.....

7. bobjob55

bobjob55

it's NEVER cold enough to put our toys away ,, out here in the Arizona deserts ... BUT the snowbirds are starting to come in flocks ... seeing Minnesota,, and Alaska license plates all over ..

8. Johnny Gee

Johnny Gee
    from Downey, Ca

X2 for So Cal :)

9. revkev6

revkev6
    from ma

I live in mass. Last year there was only one month I didn't drive my Roadster!

10. Did a photo shoot with the 51' on Sunday, misting and 46 degrees! Today we have a snow blizzard warning! Good ol' North Dakota!

Attached Files:

11. ironandsteele

ironandsteele

i'm still going strong here in oregon. i'll probably go until about the middle of november before i put my driver away, and only for about 2 months. i don't mind the cold and rain, and neither does the car-it's the snow and ice that i can do without..

12. Finktim

Finktim

I love living in Florida......I drive my rod 365 days a year. Sell your house, get your ass down here! :D

13. Although I drove my truck in the rain, I now have two more old cars since I went on assignment in Japan. Now that it's time to return, weather weighed heavily in my decision to move to SC and leave Seattle behind.
    I actually sat down and figured out how many weekends in a year (because that is when I drove my old junk the most), on average, were not shitty weather. Then added to the equation the fact that I have other things in life I do on weekends besides old cars. When it was all said and done, I realized I have invested heavily in a hobby I can only enjoy on about 25% of my weekends. Bye bye Seattle.

14. HotRod31

HotRod31

X3 for south MS.

Later, Mark

15. One Finger John

One Finger John

Side curtains and that heater you have.

You know I'm right.

John

16. coupster

coupster
    from Oscoda Mi

I am hoping for another 6-8 weeks before the salt season starts, drove mine to work today in driving rain and 30-40 mile an hour winds.

17. lorodz

lorodz

mine goes away this weekend so sad...

18. onlychevrolets

onlychevrolets

GOD, I love the south....72 here right now at 6:36 PM

19. banditomerc

banditomerc

Put away the toys? Fall weather? what is that.In Cali we play all year long.:D

20. oldcarfan

oldcarfan
    BANNED
    from missouri

yea you bastards in cali do have all the nice weather.......

but i hated everything else about it .

21. RoryShock

RoryShock
    from Western TN

Since my truck has become my daily driver, it's not getting put away. Since I can't take it off the road any length of time, it's making it hard to get any real work done on it. And I'm trying to brace myself for a long, cold winter ...

I spent the last couple of months insulating my garage when I guess I should have been insulating my truck.

22. T Fritz

T Fritz

I put 2 of them away this last weekend. Low 40's this week and snow flurries. the 56 stays out until the plows push me off the road.

Fritz

23. flynbrian48

flynbrian48

Sell my house? Are you kidding? I couldn't give it away right now! If it weren't for winter I'd never get anything done, so I don't mind. I'd drive them all winter, the wagon and convert both have good heaters (and heated seats in the 'vert), but the salt is very much bad.

Brian

24. Mazooma1

Mazooma1

we are now going into the best time of the year for rodding...
    Mid-70's all winter and plenty of sun......t-shirts and maybe a flannel shirt....and it's time to hit the road to the beach....

25. R Frederick

R Frederick
    from illinois

I'm working on Lexan side windows to snap in. At least on the passenger side. :)

26. DocWatson

DocWatson
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

I wouldn't stop there, keep packing and move to some place that is doesn't snow!!

Doc.

27. 40StudeDude

40StudeDude

Aw ya know, there are some of us that still enjoy the four seasons (in ColoRODo we only get three: winter, summer and everything else), but I enjoy it and wouldn't (couldn't) go rodding 365 days a year...it just wouldn't be right...!!! I need time to work on my cars, and cold weather certainly allows for that.

R-

28. I have nothing but total respect for any guy telling me how he navigated down I-271 during a total white-out! You gotta be tough on the North Coast. We appreciate good weather up here. I think I'll go hibernate with my Car-Toons magazines now. Zzzzz

29. Caractacus Potts

Caractacus Potts

You're right Brian, it's time. We cannot complain this year though, a beautiful hot summer and warm fall so far.

30. Hdonlybob

Hdonlybob

Even though I live in Wisconsin, I will continue to play with mine all winter too.....snow, cold, or whatever....
    Oh wait, that is because it still is a project in the shop....:eek:
    Will have it running soon, and then spend the winter doing body work and paint...
    Come on spring !!!
    Nice toys gentelmen......must be great living in warmer weather year around...
    Cheers,
    Bob

Attached Files: