Register now to get rid of these ads!

Metal Flake Drive In 2nd Annual Better venue/Bigger show area

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Magic, Aug 23, 2010.

1. Sam Navarro

Sam Navarro

I personally thought the show was great, the car turnout was lower than expected but there was quality cars and I dont think that too many people care as much as Magic does about throwing a good show that involves all views of hot rodding. I chose the noon time because I thought it would be the best time to catch most of the people, please blame that on me. I do appreciate all the kind comments on my band and I look forward to playing it next next if Magic wants us back? What really drove the nail in was the Hot rod for Hero booth, I have two cousins on my wife's side of the family that are heading to the sand and I think that Magic and his crew that thought up the idea should get much praise for it. Hope to see y'all next year and if you care to get a scehdule for my band please holler at me.

Thanks,
    Sam Navarro

2. Magic

Magic

Sam as soon as know the date you will be the first to know, the president of the fairgrounds and me are working to adress all the problems and will be fixed and no conflicts and as I said all input is wanted and appreciated email [email protected]
    shop 281.286.2106

3. I have a suggestion, this should have been promoted a bit more. I was unaware of this, and would gladly have contributed, even though I am broke-ass right now!

I was not disappointed with the show itself, I had a great time! Any time I can drive my old relic and have a few brews with other hotrodders, I consider it a success. There were SEVERAL events going on this past weekend, nobody can make them all. I just hope more show up next year. I plan to attend; I love that it is so close to home. We need to do more down here near the Gulf Coast.

4. svo

svo

I had a good time even though I was only able to attend sunday.
    Was fun getting the car out for a drive and hanging out with friends and the other cars.
    Looking forward to next year!

jeff

5. Magic

Magic

Richard,
    We gave out over 12000 flyers, 5000 at goodguys, 800 at super chevy, and every show we could hit I am at a loss for that one the roundup even had it on there page and the Kontinentals gave flyers with the t shirts at day of the drags, any sugestions on spreading the word don't be bashfull let me know any ideas.

The Wounded Warrior was in the papers and on all news chanells but like me I don't watch the news very often other than weather, ESPN has steped up to help with that and we will be putting up a website hotrodforahero.com once we start and anyone who touches the car will get credit, and as far as the being broke, man you helped bring awareness to this cause and the one question I get most is what do we need the most and that is Elbow Grease..... call me or email me if interested and you will be on the list. Thank You for Supporting the charrities and the show it is greatly appreciated.

SVO Thanks for your support glad your made it out

Please feel free to call me and dicuss anything I want input..........

6. WhiteDevilsCC

WhiteDevilsCC
    from Spring Tx.

173 cars showed up and no one has posted a single picture of any of them.

7. shoeboxsean

shoeboxsean

2nd annual its still in the infancy stage give it a couple of years and itll be huge.i have to say also that the event t shirt was one of the coolest ones ive seen in a while .double side cool print will be there again next year hopefully withe the ole shitbox i mean shoebox sorry hahaha.

8. I thought the show was a blast. I Helped judge the Pinup contest with my friend Angela Morales Photography. I did take a few Pics while I was there but not as much as I wanted cause I was sidetracked (buzzed!).

Attached Files:

9. And so on.........

Attached Files:

10. A few more........

Attached Files:

11. First pic is the Winner of the pinup contest and my wife, second one is me and my buddy Turtle, I'm the fat one in the Lonestar shirt.........

Attached Files:

12. Magic

Magic

James Thanks for the pics, there is also two other threads by merc55 of day 1 and day 2 of the show with more picks and the photographer that shot the show and made a video I have not got yet.

The Patriot Guard Riders were very impressed with each and every one that showed up and and appreciated talking to everyone that came by to visit with them, if your not familiar with the group http://www.setexaspgr.org/ take a look at what they do and your participation helped this group raise awareness and money to continue there missions, excellent group of gentelman, and Sunday as we were loading up had a man that drove 480 miles and just barely got there in time to meet anyone had left early in the morning and stood very patiently till he could speak with me, he introduced himself and said he was a gold star DAD, meaning his son died for this country and his only reason was to shake my hand and thank me for helping them raise awareness and donate to the car that we are building to give to a wounded warrior soldier that has had to give up his ride to pay for his family or medical expenses, or keep his home, because he said it was very touching to know someone cared enough to help a soilder and and bring awareness, and that was a very emotional time having a Dad that had recently lost his son want to thank all of us for carrring and say thanks, I will tell you it was several minuets befor we either could compose ourselves enough to talk any further, and that is what the whole show was intended for, without the soildiers there would be no freedoms to what we do as they fight and die so we can enjoy they lives we have and the freedoms to go to hot rod shows.

That one Thank You from that gentelman made all the stress, changes, inconvienances and issues with the show 1000% worth it all and put all the petty little problems in perspective, we delt with a few minor hicups and his Son gave his life and he wanted nothing more than to say Thanks for the Support.

The Wounded Warrior car we are building over the next year will be given to a soldier at the show just to try give back a little to those who have given it all or sacrificed for us, as soon as we get the project going there will be a website to follow and give credit to all that help in any way, and I will try to make sure that is on the HAMB for all to see. Thanks to The HAMB for giving us this place to share with others.

In closing I hope all that came will come back next year we are addressing and fixing all issues we can and presenting the car to a soilder, I did not want to take away from the show or its intended support for the charrities but several of you fellow hot rodderes and friends think I should share this with you as well...I delt with the show and all that goes with it and made sure I was there to not disapoint any one as many of my FRIENDS steped up to take over at any moment and did not mention it to anyone as I requested so the show would be about what it was intended for the troops and and wounded soildiers, and not me, my shop, or anything else. I have been very hard to get hold of and late responding to messages or emails and I hope you can all understand, without going into all the details I have been in and out of town as needed for my brother who 2 weeks before the show he had a heart attack/stroke and also found lots of cancer and we have been told 30 to 90 days till we loose him, so if you believe in prayer PLEASE add him to your list if not then a few possitive thoughts for him. Thanks to every one that came out helped or participated in any way it was greatly appreciated and helped a couple of great groups, and Thanks to all that have steped up and helped in so many ways so I could spend a few moments with my brother.

Everyone be safe support the soldiers, thank them for all they do, and nothing in life is more important than your family, let them know, they might not be here tomorow to tell them. Thanks once again for everyones support.

Anyone who needs to contact me or wants to be involved with the car build for the time being email me [email protected] that I can check in on with my phone more freaquently.

Magic

13. Thanks for putting on the show, with that much on your plate, that takes a whole different level of dedication. I will pray for you and your Brother........

14. Magic

Magic

Thought I would share an update with every one the Patriot Guard Riders who were the recipients of or charrity money raised, turned it down and donated it back to the Hot Rod for A Hero car build. What a great group and a Honor to be associated with. Thanks to all Patriot Guard Riders they stand for those that have Fallen. nothing but RESPECT for these guys.

15. Magic

Magic

Hi Guys we have a few shirts left from the show so if interested there is black and drk blue and 20.00 bucks shipped usa ony others will have to check shiping. if you prefere pay pal email me [email protected] and will send email invoice you pay pay pal or get our address off info on page and we wil ship as soon as we get, please specify size and color and contact info in case we need to contact Thank You
    Magic

Attached Files: