Register now to get rid of these ads!

Just something of general interest to most of us......

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by imnezrider, Oct 25, 2010.

1. imnezrider

imnezrider

2. I hate responding to these threads because they always go political and we can't discuss that stuff here, but it's hard to argue with the quote above when it comes directly from the CBO.

3. imnezrider

imnezrider

I hear that and I sincerely hope that doesn't happen in this case. The only reason for the post has to do with potential engine damage, which I'm sure most of us here would be concerned about.

4. imnezrider

imnezrider

I guess I'm concerned about them boosting it even more (paranoid about my precious flathead) ;)

You nailed that!!

5. Larry T

Larry T

It's gonna be hard to keep politics out of it, since politics is the only reason for it in the first place.
    Logic would dictate that corn could be more efficently used somewhere in the food chain.
    Larry T

6. captainjunk#2

captainjunk#2

it takes more energy to make the ethanol than you get in return for burning it , also it acts as a desicant and draws moisture form the surrounding air , its a snake oil fix , country would be better off growing commercial hemp and using the oil in a diesel engine , but then the corn industry wouldnt proffit , just special interest making money again

7. 1950ChevySuburban

1950ChevySuburban
    Member Emeritus
    from Tucson AZ

Anytime you transfer one substance into another, you use energy. Basic law of physics. A gallon of processed corn will always "cost" more than a gallon of whatever fuel was used to process that corn. (Gas and/or diesel)

8. jonnyonedrip

jonnyonedrip
    from canada

thats why all the oil companies love ethanol it takes about two gallons of gas to make one gallon of ethanol and then when you mix it with gas it takes 4 times as much ethanol to make the same power as gasoline in your cars, it evaporates twice as fast as gas so you fill up again earlier. they got you coming and going. who said oil companies aren't smart.

9. Ethanol ate my paint job, round the filler cap. First & last time I used it.

10. Andy

Andy