Register now to get rid of these ads!

Sunday models, 10/24

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Lyle Willits, Oct 24, 2010.

1. From the MAMA meeting, last week.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

This is how we feed our plastic addiction.

2. JerryG

JerryG
    from Illinois

Not really traditional but it is a nod to Ed 'Big Daddy" Roth. Hey it kinda has a bubble-top. I started with a Piper Super Cub Airplane kit and a '40 Ford Delivery Sedan kit and a Boat trailer. Parts box supplied engine, wheels, chassis, guns from the Red Baron and some Roth and Fink figures.

The plane and Sedan got rivets on tops and sides, home-made decals(note the Mickey Mouse Kill Icons), added a plane hood ornament.

The Sedan has the Piper airplane nose added to the front with the propeller as a bumper. Band-aid used as exhaust wrap.

A fun, quick, build. Paint is Testors Sub lime green.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

3. Now that works.

4. Irish Dan

Irish Dan

Thanks for the pics. I always look forward to your posts on Sunday! Good Stuff!!!!

5. ardyboy

ardyboy

6. Deuces

Deuces

It's gonna get up to 70 degrees today... Great fer shootin' primer on a body... :D I made a home made rotating table for the cheap spray booth.... That way I can spray the whole body without disturbing the way the body is propped up... The spray booth is a 32" TV shipping box that someone threw out (free) with a 48" long floresent light fixture on top.. about 7 bucks there... The air compressor is a 2 gallon deal that I bought new for 44 bucks... The regulator was about 9 bucks.. The air-brush kit probably 22 bucks... A 12" window fan, another 10 bucks... This whole setup was less than 100 bucks once completed...

Attached Files:

Last edited: Oct 24, 2010
  7. choptop4

choptop4

Does any buddy know anyone that buys big lots of old models?A friend past away 2 years ago and his wife is ready to start cleaning out all the stuff.There are cars, airplanes,i think boats too.He also has tons of car magazines.We have not done a count of the models or magazines yet.
    She dose not want to sale these one at a time.PM me if you know anyone.Thanks

8. JimC

JimC
    from W.C.,Mo.

For a few years. I have enjoyed the Sunday Model posts. I used to build models, and had built a few nice ones.
    After viewing those posted, I thought I would get back in the swing of things. So I obtained a few. Have not began,yet.
    Here are some I have
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

9. sobpunx

sobpunx

I just finished this up last night, thier are a few things I don't like about it, I should of lowerd the front a lil bit more and I burned thru the paint in a few places
    cheers
    mat
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

10. rusty76

rusty76
    from Midway NC

11. Silhouettes 57

Silhouettes 57

1/18th display.
    I don't want this thread to end!

Attached Files:

12. sobpunx

sobpunx

I did this a few weeks ago, I wish I would of known about all the sanding and polishing because it makes a big difference ( I didn't think it mattered that much, ohhhh how wrong I was).
    It's flocked, bmf, and wired
    I thought its rad that silhouettes 57 just posted! seein that this is the silhouette!
    cheers
    mat
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

13. wetatt4u

wetatt4u

Thanks to all of you guys again !

I just love to check out all of the hard work you all put into the models that you build.

The Sunday models always gives me another reason to enjoy my Sundays....

Thanks again.....

14. Awesome work, very cool!!

15. billys54

billys54

Great stuff this week!

16. NoFriends310

NoFriends310

some good work here, I cant wait to get started on my SWC Swindler II but cant find paint to come close to the original.

17. fat141

fat141

What are the wheels please Lyle?:confused:
    Rod

18. fat141

fat141

S'pose to be a picture there ^^^^^^^^^^^^