Register now to get rid of these ads!

Question... AD Chevy Truck on 59 4dr Biscayne Frame??

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by COS, Oct 24, 2010.

1. COS

COS
    from KCMO

Well that's just it can a guy put a old chevy pickup on a 59 4dr car frame!! I know the car is roughly 4" longer wheel base and has an x frame I believe but could it be done??

What problems would I gt in to?? Have I lost it???

2. ryno

ryno

of coarse you can, but why. the x frames aren't the strongest frame to start with. i think if you have the skills to do that swap it would be easier and strong to just start off with a frt clip and build you a frame. most of the truck frames are just straight rails so it shouldn't be too hard.

3. J Man

J Man
    from Angola, IN

there are sooooo many better options out there. Even if the frame was ust laying around I would not see that as an advantage

4. theHIGHLANDER

theHIGHLANDER
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

You'd have to have both frames, some form of hybrid frame could be created so it might even look OEM. Need body mount baseline, box mounts...you a good fabricator? Sounds like a neat idea if you could reduce the twist. 40 yrs ago my late Dad took a GM X frame and lopped off both ends. He made his own side rails out of some proper C channel then built a roadster out it. Some time in the mid 60s he used an Olds frame and engine for a 49 Ford pickup. That truck was fast and I was a bit afraid to ride in it. I was maybe 7 at the time.

5. KooDaddy

KooDaddy
    from Wis.

The fucking 4 round things on your truck are called wheels why are you trying to reinvent them?

6. COS

COS
    from KCMO

Well I have a very strong running 4 dr 283 3speed w/overdrive that gets 25mpg that crusies down the highway doing 80 nice getting it. But the lower half is GONE floor boards, rockers, quarters!!! I can get a get a good AD Chevy cab and bed for cheap.... Part out the 59 for all it's good bits and use that money to bag the frame and get the truck body on it and have a slammed slightly different truck that got 25mpg that I can haul stuff in on the cheap!! I know I'm weird I didn't see it in a little book and I'm thinking out of the box a bit...

I was just wondering what problems a crazy idiot like me would have to deal with wit a stupid swap like this???

Strech the imagination work with me here...

7. Da Tinman

Da Tinman

s 10 would be easier and will accept your 283 as a bolt in,, sell the 59 for what you can and buy s10,, they are cheap and worthy of destruction.......

8. COS

COS
    from KCMO

Another planned foiled by reality once again!!