Register now to get rid of these ads!

Winfield & Watson 3rd anual Custom Car Gathering

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Gene Winfield Rod&Custom, Sep 1, 2010.

1. Toymaker

Toymaker
    from Fresno,CA

For those who can't make it a very good friend of mine Bobby Joe Holeman plans on attending our ANRA Drag Race event on Saturday. The race event will cover the HAMB Dragsters and Tim McMasters Y-Block Ford Dragster, this is only worth mentioning because he plans on going to Gene's party afterwords and doing a FREE webcast LIVE and you can join in by clicking here VVVVVVVV
    http://www.fonebro.com/camapp/suite3PH5/myfonebrosuite.php
    (do not cut and paste as the HAMB does not show the entire link)
    Be our guest to follow us on FoneBro by signing in as a customer, using a first name only, this broadcast is live and UNRECORDED, hope to see ya Saturday. Rocky

2. DRUGASM

DRUGASM

We are leaving here in about an hour..... should be a short 5 hourish drive. We are gonna be staying at the Americas Best Value Inn in Mojave.

No word on after hours or cruise spots?

3. Pridesman

Pridesman
    from Texas

this promises to be good time....

4. Moldy

Moldy

5. bob-o

bob-o

On sunday, there's a lil carshow at a bar called Maxdons in Lancaster (about 20 minutes south of Gene's).

<ADDRESS class=adr> </ADDRESS><ADDRESS class=adr>Maxdons</ADDRESS><ADDRESS class=adr>1340 W Avenue I
    Lancaster, CA 93534
    </ADDRESS>(661) 948-4228

From Gene's, head North on Sierra Highway, turn Left on Backus Road. Merge onto the South bound 14 freeway. Exit "Avenue I", turn Left. Maxdons is a mile or so up the road on the right hand side. Good lookin and very sweet bartenders, good drinks and good food. Not a bad place to tip a few back.

6. Outlaw dodge

Outlaw dodge
    BANNED

A bunch of the guys coming up to ROCKABILLY MOTO-RUMBLE in Big Bear Lake, at Chad's Place will be staying the Night then are doing a quick hour Drive to Genes for the show on Sunday ....I believe.. Wish I was driving with them , cruzin the mountains then through down to Genes I see a bunch of guys smiling on Monday

7. Gene; I promised you I would send this picture I took of your car at B-ville. I never did know how to reach you untill now, so here it is.....
    Ron

Attached Files:

8. Had a great time today up at Gene's place. Special Thanks to the Wild Bunch for letting me hang out with you guys!

My favorite part of the day was exploring the lot for treasure, and boy was there a lot of treasure. I spotted a killer old louvered Falcon hood that would fit my '63 perfect!

9. Did you see the louvered fenders that go with the hood?

10. koolkemp

koolkemp

Anyone got some pics of the festivities that could be posted??

11. yes, but I have scallops down the side of my car now. With just the hood, I could easily paint it to match and interchange it back and forth with my original.

12. Docfranknstein

Docfranknstein

All I can say is Wow great turn out it was really something, but I was kind'a sad thinking about Larry being gone and how much He would have enjoyed the show, then I thought He would kick My butt for moping, so then I tryed to take it all in, so If I run in to Him in the paint shop in the sky I can tell Him all about it,( but I'm worried the weather may be much warmer where i end up, but I hope not). I don't have pix to post My batts went dead right after getting there Sat, anybody else get pix? Von Doc

13. Hey Mike,

Good seeing you at the show! You know Larry was diggin' the show from the best seat in the house. What an awesome weekend!!

14. Gambino_Kustoms

Gambino_Kustoms
    Alliance Vendor

it was good seeing every one

15. SapienKustom

SapienKustom
    from Merced, CA

We had a great time. There were a lot of cool cars to see at the show and it was even cooler checking out everything Winfield had out there.

Also on Friday I was invited to go to Larry Watson's house and was able to check out his museum, all I can say is that it was unbelievable to see the collection of photographs and his famous lightbulb display. I have to give a big thanks to his son who invited me down there.

16. krome

krome

we are going to try to make it down.

gabe

17. Moldy

Moldy

Big thank youz go to everyone that attended!
    Lots of energy pointed in Larry's direction so I'm sure he enjoyed it too!
    No snaps from me, however there seems to be lots of fotos up on FaceBook!
    I've linked to just about everyone who has posted, so far, on my wall!
    If'in ya want, check'em out!

http://www.facebook.com/moldy.marvin

A Great time was had by all!
    m

18. Eryk

Eryk

19. Moldy

Moldy

Eryk, them are some really nice snaps, thanx fer hookin' us up!

20. michael_cini

michael_cini

Pics from Saturday.

Attached Files:

21. Moldy

Moldy

Does anyone know who owns that Delivery / Wagon shown above? It looks to be the one that Aaron Valancia put together several years back.

It was sold on e-bay and went up north to the Seattle area, I heard that it has been re sold again but never found out who the owner was.

It has really come along way since it then..

Nice ride..

m