Register now to get rid of these ads!

Event Coverage Texas State Championships 2010 - Nostalgia Drags & Hot Rod Show - San Antonio, TX

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by TexasHardcore, Sep 13, 2010.

1. TXGreazer13

TXGreazer13

Bump for good weather!!!

2. WayGross

WayGross
    from Austin, Tx

3. My racing team (Porky's Garage) will be there Fri eve. If any Texas Timing honchos are there then I'd like to get a idea of where I'll be setting up unless it's okay for me to stay near my team.

4. roadster-racer

roadster-racer
    from Austin, TX

The latest head count shows about 50 pro teams from the Outlaw Fuel Altereds, Texas Blown Fuel, and Southwest Jr Fuel Dragster circuits are gonna be running at the Texas State Championship Race! That's 5-0, 50, count 'em, 50 hot-ass cars just from these three circuits alone, plus all the other vintage iron that's bein' drug in from all over Texas and the Southwest, plus all the classic street-driven traditional hot rods that are driving in from all over everywhere. Can you dig it?

A lot of you may never have seen a real old time drag racing show like this before. And those of us who have, only got to see something like this back in the day at the Nationals, or at some of the early Texas State Championship Races back in the 50's or 60's. For sure, there's never been anything like this happen around here in the 21st century.

The track is expecting a large crowd of local fans from San Antonio and Austin. There is 15 acres of paved pit area, even more room alongside for spectator parking, and a well-prepared 1/4 mile race track. How well prepared? Our friend Lux Blue called it "fly-paper sticky." How sticky is that? Well, I used to have a wing above the roll cage of my fuel roadster. Last time I ran it at SAR, the track was so sticky that the car went into such hard tire shake when I launched it that it shook the wing right off the car, and that ain't no lie. It was okay, though; the car looks more old school without the wing on it.

This is shapin' up to be a good'ern. Y'all had better come on to San Antone!.

5. Dang....YOU are gonna be there!!!!......Good Times a comin....that's where we are staying Fri and Sat nite....whooo hoooo

As to cars coming....I'm bringing my new little Flathead FED, Blown, Injected, Methanol ....."its a sickness car:rolleyes:....just trying to see how fast I can get a Flathead to go down the track:D....see, a sick-o....amongst you "Overhead Valve Guys".....haha

Attached Files:

6. Ill be swinging by on Sat morning in the roadster. Hope the swap meet is good.

7. Wesley

Wesley

Looking forward to seeing your "new" dragster.

8. Rusty

Rusty

counting down! 2 days before departure

9. HOT ROD BILL

HOT ROD BILL

I wantabe Doc's "Tire Guy". See everyone Tomorrow, that's right 1 day to wait!!!! With the indexes and brackets EVERONE needs to go down the 1320. Let's set a record for most hotrods down the track. I think DOTD was around 110 this year.

10. 76cam

76cam

Went to test and tune last night it was the talk of the pits. Should be a great turn out i know i can't wait.

11. Good to see that you are settled down in your new place and are gonna come out and play again:D.
    See ya Fri/Sat!!!!

12. Doc,
    I love your avitar......is there really a car behind the tire:eek:?...hahaha

13. Wesley

Wesley

We are getting there. I really should not take the time to play this weekend,,,,,, however, I am going to!

14. roadster-racer

roadster-racer
    from Austin, TX

Well, in the immortal words of Johnny Rodriguez, "Is any-body go-in...to San Antone?"

I'm up and headed for the track to get things set up. Better getcher butt in gear and come on. Big doin's tonight to get ready for THE DAY TOMORROW!

15. 76cam

76cam

Bump this back to the front is gonna be sweet!!!!!

16. TexasHardcore

TexasHardcore
    from Austin-ish

BUMP - Raceday is TOMORROW folks!

17. Wesley

Wesley

Loaded up and ready to roll. I will be there before the gates open!

18. Rusty

Rusty

Headin out in the am!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

19. Wesley

Wesley

I am up and moving, however I am not happy about it yet. As soon as I finish breakfast and take a shower I am on my way.

20. TexasHardcore

TexasHardcore
    from Austin-ish

TODAY'S THE DAY!!!

I'm about to leave the shop and head down to the track soon. See everyone there!

-Jeremy

21. Javier

Javier
    1. Strugglers C.C.

Y'all have fun..I gotta go to work:mad:

22. Rusty

Rusty

Rollin southbound 35, be there by ten with the Dirtys Speed Shop Anglia!!

23. 36tbird

36tbird

Pics I snapped yesterday at this event.

Attached Files:

24. Dirty2

Dirty2

Had a great time there ! Glad to see all my long distant friends !

25. Rusty

Rusty

Awesome race and good times had by the Dirtys Speed Shop Crew. Very well done!!!!!!!

26. Model A John

Model A John
    from wichita ks

Looks like a good time!

27. MAN that SHow SUCKED!!!! Hey, you said I'm always stirring up the crap and I am. It Sucked in a real gooood way!!!!

I enjoyed meeting you the wifey. As a vendor there was no BS from you or your team and after doing shows for 30+ years it is a joy to work with people who let you go do yo thang instead of powerplaying. Saw you a few times hustlin around and Of course your itty bitty bald spot was looking really sweaty too.

Man that was a fun event and so close to home. I didn't make too much $$ (too windy for laying lines although I did a few) but had a real Blast.

Saw lots of freinds and customers from way back and those Creatures from Austin...well they don't need no stinkin' masks for Halloween!!! Just kidding guys... yall's is so purty.

Proud of my my race team, Porkys Garage (Blue 47 Ford Coupe and 27 T) they won.

Hey Mark...er...I mean Rebel #1...you still look funny!!

I still heard cars running at midnite.

Let's do it again and mo wheelies!!!

28. Kenneth S

Kenneth S

For those who couldn't make it this year, make sure you leave room on your calendar for next year. A great event by the TTA.

29. ChevyRat

ChevyRat

What a great time. Good to see everyone and glad to see so many familiar faces make the trip to San Antonio. The best part of the day was seeing the Dirty's Anglia pointing up at the clouds.

30. scottybaccus

scottybaccus