Register now to get rid of these ads!

41 Plymouth parts source opinion

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Coupe Crazy, Oct 20, 2010.

1. Coupe Crazy

Coupe Crazy
    from LI, NY

Has anyone had experience with the following parts sources for 41 Plymouths?

Andy Bernhaum Auto Parts
    Lindsay McConnell

I'm looking for your opinion on quality of products, service, pricing.

If you feel for comfortable pm'ing me about this please do.

Are there any other sources anyone might recommend for everything EXCEPT body parts and drivetrain parts?

2. 1959apache

1959apache

I know quite a bit of them, what do you need to know? Not many places out there for '40 and '41 plymouths... Hope you dont need too many patch panels! plymouthdoctor.com or ebay for that one. as far as lindsay mcConnell I know his prices are a tad high, but so is Andy, I have ordered through Andy before, he knows his schtuff. Quality is as good as its going to get unless someone finds the original equipment from 1940 and 1941. Just make due with what you have to work with if you can. make sure you start finding parts cars for stainless.... you will be sorry if you dont. I have bought 3 1940 plymouths with close to two sets of complete stainless.

3. 4woody

4woody

I've had good luck with Rovon, Valley Vintage, and Deception Pass for various '38-'50 Mopar stuff. Vintage Power Wagons is good for motor parts too.

4. farmer12

farmer12

I've dealt with Lindsay McConnell a few times now. Nothing but impressive, with regards to description, shipping and product. I have absolutely no hesitation to order from him again, and I'm on the other side of the world. Lindsay got me all the trim I needed, most of was NOS or damn close to it. I've never dealt with Andy Bernbaum.

5. I second Lindsay, Farmer 12 sent me there a while back and i got a lot from him. "Fatfenderedrelics" are good too-

6. George

George

Roberts Motor Parts has about the same stuff as Bernbaum. Mr Street Rod, if still around, has rod stuff for Mopars

7. I've dealt with Andy Bernbaum; quality of his parts is a crap shoot (axle seals for my '46 Pl were unusable due to poor fit), prices are high, and if you get him on the phone you'll find he is nasty. I inquired about wheel cylinders for my '39 and was told he only sells them as a set of four, I said I only need rear since I have discs on front - he told me to get them elsewhere and hung up the phone on me. I would only buy from him if he was the last place on the planet that had what I needed.

8. mustang6147

mustang6147
    from Kent, Ohio

I have bought from all the the mentioned vendors, with no issues. The only vendor I would stay away from is Plydo... They are never available, and have a horrible return policy, and they ask you send them the old parts to match it up, then they dont have anything to match it to and your old part dissappears, then they dont answer the phone any more....

9. 48fordnut

48fordnut
    Member Emeritus

Mustang ,that is quite the opposite from the experience I had. I had a good experience with plydo, where there was ignorance on my part about what I had. Returned parts, and the right parts shipped out.

10. filthy frank

filthy frank

plydo's always been good to me !

11. George

George

Plydo's owner died some time back & they closed. Heard they may have reopened. Had poor service myself.

12. rockable

rockable
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

\

I've heard these stories but, apparently, I've never talked to Andy. I've bought a bunch of stuff from them, including rear wheel cylinders. Never had a problem. They ship quickly, too.