Register now to get rid of these ads!

Event Coverage FINALLY: The GOODGUYS 2011 SCHEDULE is OFFICIAL!!!

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by KIRK!, Oct 21, 2010.

1. dontlifttoshift

dontlifttoshift

Awesome KIRK! I am glad the wait is over, hope we didn't get you in too much trouble.

It looks like the wife and I are going to try and make seven events next year. Nashville, Des Moines, Columbus, Joliet, Kansas, Indy, and Charlotte.....hopefully we can do this and still keep our jobs....or can we get on the payroll?:D

15 events with cones this year? that kicks ass.

2. KIRK!

KIRK!

Yeah, how cool is that?!?!?!

3. BCCHOPIT

BCCHOPIT

good to see rainbeck still made the list

4. Junior Stock

Junior Stock

Would this have anything to do with the second Fort Worth show?
    [​IMG]
    Photo from Casey's coverage of the 07 show.

5. KIRK!

KIRK!

No, but it sure is a perk!!!

6. Hey Kirk, Larry's coupe looks good! See you in Indy!

7. Flipper

Flipper
    from Kentucky

How many people on this board prefer autocross over seeing vintage drag racing? ....not me.

I'd guess that 75% of existing streetrods could not be driven REAL HARD without damaging the bodywork and paint.

8. 2002p51

2002p51

Damn! Was it because we didn't go this year? I'm sorry, really, really sorry. We really, really couldn't make it! We were pre-registered 'n everything! I'm terribly sorry. If we promise to come next year can we have it back? Huh? Can we huh?

9. hotrod3w

hotrod3w
    Member Emeritus

Thanks for the heads up Kirk...........No Florida, I no that Bills been kick'n that one around for a few years. Ron

Last edited: Oct 25, 2010
  10. eddie1

eddie1

You are only openning yourself for more crap with this post!
    Thanks for posting the schedule.

11. Yea...... autocrossing that's real traditional :eek: ! At least we still have the NHRA Hot Rod Reunion in BG.

12. vert1940

vert1940

thanks kirk...no mention of norwalk anywhere..so we can safely assume its gone too?

13. Ironswims

Ironswims
    from Illinois

Norwalk is also gone? Are there any GG nostalgia drag races left?

14. LeadSledMerc

LeadSledMerc

Thanks for getting the dates out to us so early, Kirk!:cool:

15. paintcan54

paintcan54

I'm with you on this one Flipper, not into the autocross thing. I like the drag racing.

16. Junior Stock

Junior Stock

I'm with you I'd rather see drags but I'll bet most of the folks at a GG event are not on here,
    but it was nice of Kirk to post it for the guy's who do go.

17. hemi

hemi

Although the Autocross has become pretty exciting with better cars, I like to see drags, too... Now if we can all find a way to have masses of nitro cars that don't drop oil with every pass, a full track staff, a string of venues, cheap insurance, no whining, and perfect weather every time so it would be profitable... it'll happen again. :D

18. The argument could be made that Autocrossing is just as "traditional" as front-engined Dragsters (built to 2010 technological & safety standards) making a pass down a 1/4 mile (or 1000ft) Drag Strip ... neither really meet the HAMB's definition of "Traditional" Hot Rodding ... but who cares? ... I like Hot Rods of all types ... the NHRA CHRR is one of my favorite events to attend ... and I'll admit that I really enjoy watching the Autocrossers @ GG events!

Internet rumor has it that 2011 may be that last year for the National Hot Rod Reunion at Beech Bend Raceway ... I've read that NHRA is tired of losing money at that venue and is giving it one last chance.

19. Boones

Boones
    from Kent, Wa
    1. Northwest HAMBers

getting to drive on the track at Indy is inself a good reason to make that event. For anyone having never driven their hotrod on one of NASCAR's tracks, its an amazing feeling...

I like the idea of a West Coast Turkey Run.. (I know I can't call it that). now if only the weather over the passes cooperate at that time of the year.

20. Unfortunate that Pocono didn't catch on, I went in 09 and had a great time and loved the facility.

21. vert1940

vert1940

i agree with jack about pocono..great place..greater people.glad i got to go.jack and his wife were a pleasure to meet

22. Flipper

Flipper
    from Kentucky

[​IMG]
    I really hope that event survives. Beech Bend screams 60's drag racing

23. crowerglide

crowerglide
    from Tyler, TX

Losing money?????? You've GOT to be kidding.:D:D:D

24. dontlifttoshift

dontlifttoshift

Prolly right, that's why mine don't have fenders, it does have a bunch of rock chips though.

It may not be super trad but it sure is fun. I don't like going to a show and just walking and looking. I like to drive, and its real fun to drive your car hard.

The NHRA hot rod reunion in BG is better than the GG show anyways. (sorry KIRK!) The racing is better and there is just a better vibe about it......for THAT kind of show.

Everyone has their thing. Mine is driving around cones, I pretend they are Kenny from South Park and I flatten one right at the end and say to myself "you bastard" I like drag racing too but I would rather watch 4 second passes from adequately funded teams pushing the very limits of physics. Like I say, everyone has their thing.

Back on Topic:
    Thanks KIRK!

25. Junior Stock

Junior Stock

Yeah, I'd find that hard to believe as well but the bean counters definition of losing money probably ain't the same as mine and yours.

26. artandmaureen

artandmaureen

This Sucks Back to NSRA Events

27. B.A.KING

B.A.KING

yeah thats hard for me to believe also... you can't stir em with a stick:Dshit just think about the golf cart conessions:cool:

28. HotRodBen1987

HotRodBen1987
    BANNED

Dang I'm gonna miss BG that sure was a fun show. I've been to Nashville a couple times but never have been too impressed, shoulda cancelled that one instead ha. Guess I'll let my Goodguys membership run out and stick with NSRA.

29. Kentuckian

Kentuckian

The only time they lost money on the NHRR was the year they moved the event to National Trail. You won't see that happen again.

30. WildWilly68

WildWilly68

It's good to see the Chicago date moved up as for me there were a lot of other things going in September. Thanks for the updates.