Register now to get rid of these ads!

Chassis Engineering axles-out of production?

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by lowsquire, Oct 21, 2010.

1. lowsquire

lowsquire
    from Austin, TX

Hi all,

Just wanted to check this is correct, have been told the chassis engineering 4" drop forged axle is not available any more..

Is this true? Have a mate who wants one..but a local distributor told me .."no more"

Part No is AU-2107

any idea who would have them in stock? Southern california preferably.

Thanks from Australia..

Ben

2. FatFndr

FatFndr

3. JimA

JimA
    BANNED

My experience when I was selling them is that they make batches that are for the most part sold out before delivery. A great problem to have if you are the supplier- sometimes frustrating if you are trying to sell the product or purchase one. A good product worth waiting for.
    SO-CAL actually went into production of their axles just to keep up with customer demand for a forged dropped I-beam axle. Both are great companies I enjoyed working with.

4. I contacted them in September to buy a 4 inch dropped axle and was told they didn't have any in stock.

5. martin

martin

Thanks for sticking this up Ben, Martin.

6. brandon

brandon

might try williams street rods in humbolt il. terry always seemed to have a stash of them....... :D

7. 31Apickup

31Apickup

As Jim A stated , they have them made in batches. You have to wait until they get the next batch made up, or order an axle elsewhere. I ran into this 10 years ago

8. HotRodDrummer

HotRodDrummer

They were out for awhile, but you can get them now.

9. martin

martin

Just got off the phone with George at Chassis Enginering, and they`ve got a
    new batch in right now, part # AU 2107. and he recons " their looking good"
    Thanks fellas, Martin.

10. Shaggy

Shaggy
    from Sultan, WA

Just get a factory axle dropped like a real man

11. silent rick

silent rick

i know eric at riley had similiar problems. it's what held me up from ordering one of his dry lakes front end packages.

12. i don't think they can run modified parts on their car in OZ. LAND! guy correct me if i'm wrong but that is what i recall hearing the "OZ GOV." is not even letting modified vehicle into the country.

13. mmmmmm..... so cal axles......

14. fab32

fab32
    Member Emeritus

When the aftermarket can't keep up do the TRADITIONAL thing. Send an origonal axle off to one of the HAMBers that offer the service and have them drop one for you. I'm betting a quick search will turn up some possibilities.

Frank

15. "Enjoyed"?

Did I miss something?

JH

16. JimA

JimA
    BANNED

I sold both products through my store (closed in March of this year)- also did magazine stories with both companies separately. I enjoyed the experience, look forward to working with both again in the future.

17. hellonwheels

hellonwheels

I ordered a CE axle a few years ago and they were back-ordered for about a month, they were waiting for the next batch to arrive. They are beautiful axles, excellent quality.

If I were to do it over, I would drop an original, as said. I've spent so much time and money trying to use mostly Ford stuff on my project that a few extra dollars on a real Ford axle would have been a drop in the bucket (drop! haha!). Keeping a Ford, as much Ford as possible, only maintains the value of your car by tradition. Not to mention the 'cool' factor of a dropped original. Can't beat it, lesson learned.