Register now to get rid of these ads!

My 1949 Chevy Fleetline Leadsled build thread.. or should i say revamp of thread..

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by VenomousType, Oct 21, 2010.

1. VenomousType

VenomousType
    from Atlanta GA

Alright been lurking around here for a while.. and i finally got her presentable to show you guys..

I just finished fabricating the frontend and got it nice and low.. no its not on bags.. the car is channeled over a 90s S10 frame.. maybe alittle TOO slammed.. i might bring her up some.
    shes got
    power disc brakes, nosed, decked, etc.. kinda mild but tons of fun.

I did a 51 olds upper mustache, a 49 center grill bar with 53 belair teeth, a 51 olds front bumper i narrowed, the ends of the mustache are actually 49 chevy grill tip ends( i was still on a mean search for the 51 ends) so in the meantime i did these.. i kinda like em.
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

The wheels are actually BLACK now.. but the center chrome moon is still chrome.. kinda looks like a rum runner..
    ill take new pics when i get home from japan.. im from Atlanta.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
    Ignore the backend.. its still a work in progress..the last guy who owned this car had them 59s in( I dont like em) and havent the chance to change em up and i havent sorted the rear bumper i want to run yet... probably going with a 56 chevy front bumper made to work back there.

275s in the rear!.. wide upfront also.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

these pics are right before i sorted out the hoodlatch area and radiator closeout..

a 383 aluminum headed stoker motor is the heart of this one.. it was in my 67 camaro and dynoed at 510 hp.. pumping some serious hump to move this big girl.. with a 700r4 tranny(which i ate up already ahahah).. still have to work out the interior tho.. the obligatory peruvian/mexican blanket.

[​IMG]
    Side exhaust is fully functional and has a nice bop out of it.. glad we lowered the body.

[​IMG]
    It has some adjustability so i can go up some.

I got a lot of work to do to the car still.. Im doing most of the work to the car myself and learning as i go.. which is why im on here.. im pretty proud of how the front came out.. but i still need more 53 teeth.. but not a bad start.
    my welding has to get better but its all relatively clean.. but yea.. hope you guys can dig it a lil.

im going to post up the changes as i roll along.. this is my first pre 1964 car ive ever done..

thanks alot fellas!

Totem.
    www.mr-totem.com

Last edited: Oct 21, 2010
  2. VenomousType

VenomousType
    from Atlanta GA

and this was my old bonneville.. which brought me to this site in the first place..

[​IMG]

Last edited: Oct 21, 2010
  3. Joes50

Joes50

I like the majority of it and the motor is really nice! My friends Mom has one of those parked in her yard for over 15 years now.......may have to take another look at it after seeing yours.

4. xmlc216x

xmlc216x
    from MS

Killer cars. The fleetline is awesome. I would like to see pictures of it with the black wheels. What taillights do you think you're going to change too?

5. 42 chevy

42 chevy

6. VenomousType

VenomousType
    from Atlanta GA

im not sure yet.. that part of the car is a sore spot for me right now.. then the rear bumper.

I wish i took pics of it with the black wheels before i got here.. but ill be home in a week or so and throw them up.

im open to suggestions on tails for her... the fellas have any ideas?
    im debating skirts also..

7. Wow, it's REALLY low for not being bagged. Looks god though.

8. Hdonlybob

Hdonlybob

Wow, Very impressive.
    More pics of the black wheels as asked above ??
    Lookin' good.

9. Mike51Merc

Mike51Merc

Nice ride! In your photos your car is crisp, but all the background is foggy, smokey, or something---- what's up with that?

10. jchav62

jchav62

11. raidmagic

raidmagic

photoshop

12. VenomousType

VenomousType
    from Atlanta GA

yes, the other cars in the back break up the nice form of a black car.. i fogged them out.

and yea it isnt bagged, its mostly in the body drop.. we snatched off a couple coils on the front and it was this low.. plus i made the font bumper go as low as possible to "fill out" the front end.

we put in another set of coils with one cut out and it sits low but drives nice.

13. VenomousType

VenomousType
    from Atlanta GA

from a shoot right before i left.. not the best pics but you can see the black wheels..

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Wesa likes this.
  14. VenomousType

VenomousType
    from Atlanta GA

before the blackout behind the grille treatment.

15. t-buckethead

t-buckethead
    from texas

very nice,what s-10 frame did you use?

16. Hdonlybob

Hdonlybob

Yuppers.....now that is looking GOOD!

17. scratchtown

scratchtown

nice ride waaay better with black rims needs wide whites and skirts fleetlines are killer just picked one up myself

18. Bagged50Buick

Bagged50Buick

I like 77 lincoln tail lights.....may look good on your fleetline!

19. bn48chevy

bn48chevy
    from nd

nice looking car do you have any pics of the channel job you did or of the floor and how you mounted frame and body im in the process of doing a fleetline s10 frame swap and looking for more ideas

20. VenomousType

VenomousType
    from Atlanta GA

Took her out for the nice weather!

had my 72 Celica out also..

we raised it up a little hard to tell with the wheels black but its up about 2 inches or so..

and I cant remember what year S10 we used I think it was a 89 or so.. the pics i have are not on my comp.. ill see if i can get em later.
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

man it feels good to be cruising in ATL again..

21. quickrack-alan

quickrack-alan
    from Ireland

Damn cool car that!

6inarow likes this.