Register now to get rid of these ads!

chop and new floor (lots-o-pics)

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by dB Zac, Jun 2, 2007.

1. jim-fink

jim-fink

yeh would be alot of work but complete wrap around b pillar to pillar would be a kool kustom show look :D

2. dB Zac

dB Zac

Well with the amount of metal I replaced I could just as easily (witch isn't that easy) started with an El Camino to do that. I wanted to keep it a delivery since you don't see those vary often. I love when I have to spend 5-10min convincing people it was always a delivery. I get people all the time coming up to me "You made that into a panel right...was it cuz it was easier to chop" LOL "nope it was always a delivery, built in the Oakland Ca plant" I'll say. I had one guy at Midnight mass last week end tell his buddy right in front of me that I panel'd in the windows of a 60 wagon. The roof skin of the wagon doesn't have the pleats and the window frame mimics the sedan on a wagon... Oh well, maybe I should buy a wagon just to show next to my delivery
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

3. dB Zac

dB Zac

here is a stock roof line on a delivery as a reference
    [​IMG]

4. brainfrz

brainfrz

what a great build post. Thanks for taking the time. As others have said, AWESOME BUILD. Love the new rear section. When compared to the original, I like yours! Congrats.

5. bobx

bobx
    from Indiana

bttt.

great car.

6. Abe1958

Abe1958
    from TEXAS

Very Very nice 60. Just wondering what your driveshaft setup looks like?

7. dB Zac

dB Zac

I have the inland empire set up

8. Ned_Gob

Ned_Gob

Oh Man ! I love's me that Dandy Sedan D' :)

9. dB Zac

dB Zac

glad you like it

10. Bancroft

Bancroft

11. dB Zac

dB Zac

I drove it Sunday, hows that for an update LOL.

I am about to rip the doors off so I can reskin them, build the window tracks, make the side glass templates, and build new rockers. Man By the time I fix all the rust there wont be much left of the original car hahaha

12. Dakota Kid

Dakota Kid

13. davis574ord

davis574ord

Really cool looks like lots of fun keep it up good job so far dude!

14. dB Zac

dB Zac

well its fun when I'm driving it anyways

15. rustyhood

rustyhood

Dude that was some awesome fab work! Those caddy tail lights look great to. Good job!

16. dB Zac

dB Zac

17. Are you gonna do something custom with the taillights? Those '59 Caddy lights take away from all the awesome metalwork you've done. IMO...

18. dB Zac

dB Zac

well its definitely not an original idea. I put them in there mainly because I didnt want to put the old 60 ones back it and I haven't found a light I "love" yet. I have been toying with the idea of bringing the sheet metal out to them and keeping them.... we'll see

19. a969c1

a969c1

20. Sauli

Sauli

Oh man, I quite like the roofline You created! Just like the old Monogram Tom Daniel "Bad News"/"-Actor" -model kit I seem to recall from my childhood, only lower and sleeker yet!
    Some skill You´re showing with Your metalwork! You´re really making it look easy!:)

21. dB Zac

dB Zac

I have been working on my tow pig and my other custom truck but I did find time to reskin the drivers door
    [​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

22. dB Zac

dB Zac

23. dB Zac

dB Zac

24. dB Zac

dB Zac

you can't see it in this pic but besides the dents and door handle holes, the bottom of the skin was rusting threw [​IMG]

25. Sauli

Sauli

Wow! This is really interesting! What exactly prompted You to do all this? Was the old skin pitted on the inside that bad and how did You form the whole new skin like that?

26. hvychvy

hvychvy

looks great!!

27. dB Zac

dB Zac

I could have fix the rust and dents in the bottom, then shaved the handle holes and ended up with the same amount of welding but ton of hammer work. At the shop, we have found that reskinning the door ends up with a cleaner final product most of the time also.
    I used a few different rollers, a hand brake and a shrinker. We make tailgate skins and roll pans for a living so I just used that experience to make it. It was actually easier to make then the rear panel I made for it

28. harrydude

harrydude
    from ab

29. tikistan

tikistan

Awesome work! I think it took me longer to read thru your whole build thread than it took you to do the actual build! Ha ha!. Great workmanship, Now, about that windshield? JK!

30. dB Zac

dB Zac