Register now to get rid of these ads!

so were comming to this? ref:sticky in classifieds

Discussion in 'Questions & Suggestions' started by "sickboy", Oct 20, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. "sickboy"

"sickboy"

a year ago the term rat rod was no big deal now you cant use it on this site???:confused: so were comming to this that now you have to call it what traditonal ?? well some one tell me what i have then cause i think that im on the wrong message board now :mad:.. to tell u the truth i dont care what people call my car as long as they call it mine if this is going the way of deleting threads cause of a simple thread i think that my time here is over.

i under stand that some get all pissy cause some average joe calls thier car a "rat rod" when its really a trad or original barn find but that is why u educate them ,that is what provokes what some people call " conversation" ....

so im saying it ,i belive my car is a rat rod ...r u going to delete this thread????""" because it has a slight bit of hostility???""" because of the tone im useing??? someone let me know what I'M driving so i can tell some body next time they ask!!!!

Attached Files:

2. PhilJohnson

PhilJohnson

I like turtles.

3. Ryan

Ryan
    ADMINISTRATOR
    Staff Member

Yep, that's a rat rod...

And it's not that I hate rat rods and all rat rodders. I don't. It's an editorial decision, not a personal one.

Here's my view of the whole thing:

http://www.jalopyjournal.com/?p=297

And note that it was written in 2006.

4. "sickboy"

"sickboy"

ok editorial... ok so why move this thread off the general discussion to questions ?? less eyes to see???

5. ironandsteele

ironandsteele

shoulda stuck with mustangs.

git er dun!

6. "sickboy"

"sickboy"

so i take it that my car is no longer welcome to this site then?? and if i wanna sell it here im not welcome ??? please enlighten me???

7. Ryan

Ryan
    ADMINISTRATOR
    Staff Member

No. If that were the case, I wouldn't have left the redirect.

I moved it here, because the main forum is reserved for traditional hot rods and customs. Not rat rods.

I sense the tension. Look man, I really have nothing against you or your car. This site just doesn't cover rat rods. It never has. It's not a personal thing at all.

8. KOTC

KOTC

[​IMG]

9. "sickboy"

"sickboy"

never owned one

10. ironandsteele

ironandsteele

[QUOTE="sickboy";5774504]ok editorial... ok so why move this thread off the general discussion to questions ?? less eyes to see???[/QUOTE]

because it has nothing at all to do with traditional style hot rods and customs.

i don't understand why every two days someone has to post up something bitching about getting shit for having a "rr" or a muscle car and posting about it on a TRADITIONAL HOT ROD AND CUSTOM SITE.

this site is simply for traditional hot rods and customs. that, to most everyone on this board, is an abortion and a tribute to poor taste. you like it? awesome, but this is NOT the site for it..

11. ironandsteele

ironandsteele

[QUOTE="sickboy";5774526]never owned one[/QUOTE]

oh sorry, i'm not really into muscle cars. looked like a mustang in the garage at first glance.

12. "sickboy"

"sickboy"

not tension just trying to figure this out . custom?? is there a criteria for custom .. cause shorten a 4 dr to a two door i think classifies as custom

13. 53sled

53sled
    from KCMO

Proportion. Google it.

14. Ryan

Ryan
    ADMINISTRATOR
    Staff Member

[QUOTE="sickboy";5774539]not tension just trying to figure this out . custom?? is there a criteria for custom .. cause shorten a 4 dr to a two door i think classifies as custom[/QUOTE]

That's not at all a traditional custom... Read some old magazines man. Seriously, it's a whole new world and you might like what ya see.

15. 64Cyclone

64Cyclone

Rat rods scare the bejesus out of me. Fix up the Maverick!

16. Royalshifter

Royalshifter
    from California

Ryan is being nice and honest (surprized you aren't banned yet), you are getting butt hurt. Bottom line is no "rr rr aA..rr ro..ddsss" thank goodness. This is his business and he makes the decisions.....you me and thousands of others are his guest.

17. DocWatson

DocWatson
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Some people just don't get it. Did you read the link Ryan posted?
    Like the boss says, for Traditional Hotrods and Customs, you have been on here a year you should have learned the difference between your car and a car built back in the day (ie;Traditional).
    It's really quite simple.

Doc.

18. ironandsteele

ironandsteele

hot rod:

[​IMG]

custom:

[​IMG]

rat rod:

[​IMG]

19. rockabillyrodder

rockabillyrodder
    from Colgate WI

Remove some of the driveability and work on asthetics and you would have this.

20. "sickboy"

"sickboy"

got it ..traditonal... no prob ...was on here before a year prob 2 1/2 years ago maybe 3 just never made a screen name.. so guys my mistake as to being a bad "guest"..

21. ironandsteele

ironandsteele

try that killbillet site, i think it's more of what you're into.

22. Greaser Bob

Greaser Bob

Ya know I had a boner for awhile too about the hating of rr's around here. But honestly I should have read up about this site. I still haven't........
    But just through you fellas explaining it in this thread I've got to say I finally get it.
    I am someone's guest here. If my opinions differ that drasticly, I should be able to take a hint and move on.
    Me? I'm sticking around-lot's of good folks, and great info from experience here.

23. AstroZombie

AstroZombie

First of all, you come here making waves. You know what your car is, you don't need anyone to classify it for you. Personally, IMO the proportions are WAY off and your motor mounts scare the shit out of me. Didn't look too close at your pics, but I'm glad you don't have U-joint sockets for steering, and you at least sleeved the holes you put in the frame.

24. Ed Zackley

Ed Zackley
    from Hokeyhomey

Traditional: and Rat Rod:

P.S., Pay no attention to my avatar :D.

Attached Files:

25. "sickboy"

"sickboy"

i agree and have decided to no longer post here just view and for those that think that idont get it .. i do.. just thought this was something else. so for now on like i said i understand what you want here ... consider me silenced..:rolleyes:.. no hard feelings like you all are assuming ...last post by me .i am now a observer ;)

26. Ed Zackley

Ed Zackley
    from Hokeyhomey

I don't think they want you silenced, I they they would rather you transform that rust bucket into a well proportioned hot rod. Builds are what this site is all about and I'm gonna get started real soon, I swear!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.