Register now to get rid of these ads!

Cowl Vent and hinged windshield kits for 32 Ford?

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by 33SatinCoupe, Oct 18, 2010.

1. 33SatinCoupe

33SatinCoupe

Does anybody sell a kit for the complete cowl vent assembly and hinged windshield assembly for a 32 Ford?

I've been scouring e-bay and the most common street rod vendors with no luck.

Surely somebody offers conversion kits or OEM type replacements.

Any help is greatly appreciated.

2. deuceman32

deuceman32

Brookville has the complete cowl vent assembly. For what body style do you need the windshield frame?

3. 33SatinCoupe

33SatinCoupe

32 3 Window Coupe. I just found a windshield assembly at Drake, $375 in plain steel and it needs chopped.

It would be nice if somebody offered the assembly chopped, but that may be asking too much.

4. DICK SPADARO

DICK SPADARO
    Member Emeritus

It is very difficult to sell a prechopped windshield for any closed car application due to the degree and style of the chop the previous builder has performed. A 2" chop on one car might be considered a 2 3/4" chop on another with swept windshield posts. The quality of work also varies as a 2" chop on one side pillar might be a 2 1/4" chop on the opposite side pillar so a commercially made chopped windshield cannot be guaranteed to fit. The best results for a chopped windshield is to do it your self by purchasing an unchromed frame.

5. 33SatinCoupe

33SatinCoupe

I can now see the cost on both of these items will be extremely prohibitive.

6. 33SatinCoupe

33SatinCoupe

Last edited: Oct 20, 2010
  7. Deuce Roadster

Deuce Roadster
    Member Emeritus

As a general rule ... 32 Ford 3W coupes are not a real inexpensive type of car to build. :rolleyes:

Is yours a fiberglass coupe ??
    If so ... the eBay stuff may work out but if your coupe is steel ... the results may leave a LOT to be desired. :D

8. 33SatinCoupe

33SatinCoupe

We're talking glass cars. I know everybody likes to poo-poo them, but if you cant afford 60K for a Henry car, its nice to add the stock features without breaking the bank.

9. ratrod0

ratrod0

try new age motersports complete cowl vent and step by step you wont be sorry

10. daveyboy56

daveyboy56

Ask the builder of you body where he get windshilld frames.
    I think i paid about $400 for mine with glass

11. falconsprint63

falconsprint63
    from Mayberry

speedway's got the cowl vent stuff. I've got an original vent assy $35 shipped.

pm if you interested.

12. 33SatinCoupe

33SatinCoupe

Looks just like a Henry Cowl assy to me. :D

Attached Files:

Last edited: Oct 27, 2010