Register now to get rid of these ads!

Customer service is NOT dead! Thanks to Miller Welding

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by dodgerodder, Oct 19, 2010.

1. dodgerodder

dodgerodder

Well, we hear plenty of customer horror stories anymore. It is nice to hear some good things for sure.

Me & my dad went to the Streetrod Nationals show a couple of weekends ago. Miller had a booth there, so we checked it out. Talked to their guys to let them know we have a Miller mig & tig, & how they have been great.

My mig is a Miller 210 that I have had for probably 6 years. Thing have been bulletproof, probably have run 100 rolls of wire thru it, never a problem.

Recently my trigger on the torch broke, so I wanted to get the part # from them to order a new one.

He asked for my address. He told me he would send me one-for FREE! Are you kidding me?? This is a wear item, and is on a 6 year old machine.

I wasn't asking for a freebie. They insisted. It came today by UPS.

Thank you Miller. It is great to see this type of thing with today's sad absence of customer service.

You will continue to have a loyal customer!

Dan

[​IMG]

2. BulldawgMusclecars

BulldawgMusclecars

Good to hear! I have never used anything but Miller, and have yet to have an issue with either of them (one is about 20 years old). Nice to know they stand behind the product that strongly.

3. TheWrenchbender

TheWrenchbender
    from Belton SC

That is indeed good to hear, I wonder if the one below gives any problems if they might do the same for me? :rolleyes::D It's only about 45 years old or so.

Attached Files:

4. banditomerc

banditomerc

thats great to hear,have been thinking of upgrading to a miller...this helps.

5. gimpyshotrods

gimpyshotrods
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

There is a reason why all of my welders are blue.

6. Miller makes a great product. I own a Miller 180 and love the machine. I work in an auto manufacturing plant and all we use is Miller.

7. willymakeit

willymakeit

My next welder and plasma will be blue, if I can save enough green. Seriously they are the best welding machines.

8. Von Rigg Fink

Von Rigg Fink
    from Garage

Very nice to know

I love my Millers..I have 1 at home and about 6 at work of different sizes ranging up to the 600's..all are kick ass machines and perform as they should.

that $? switch they sent you for free will bring more customers to them and keep you as a satisfied customer for years

That act of kindness just netted them a bunch of sales, I dont doubt it!

9. 35mastr

35mastr
    from Norcal

I also have a 210 that i have used alot. An Econo tig and a Extreme 375 plasma. Never had a problem with any of them. Always been a Blue fan.

10. junk yard kid

junk yard kid

i have two miller migs one tig and a plasma. They look so good all matching.

11. BOWTIE BROWN

BOWTIE BROWN

great pr work. Can we get em to sign up on the h.a.m.b.

12. I'l be buying my first welder before spring. This thread just made up my mind for me. As said earlier, that one free switch just got them about a $1000 in sales from me!

Wow! customer service , what a concept!

13. williebill

williebill

Good story..love my Miller Mig,too

14. SUHRsc

SUHRsc

I bought a used Miller TIG and ran into a problem with the regulator... called to ask about buying parts... and they sent a whole new regulator and hose... FREE!!

I've since bought a MIG and Plasma that are both Miller Blue!

15. miller is a sister company to us and i have toured their plants, worked with their people and use therir products at home and in the plant. I wouldn't change even if we weren't partners.
    def. good people
    tk

16. hugh m

hugh m
    from ct.

This is why the oldtimers always say get an American made name brand welder.

17. enfieldjoe

enfieldjoe
    from Eustis, FL

I just bought a Miller 211 Autoset and a Spectrum 125C. Happy with both of them.

18. TMunster

TMunster
    from Las Vegas

nice to hear the good story for a change! always means extra when you get good service

19. 35mastr

35mastr
    from Norcal

These guys are great to deal with and free shipping to boot. I spend quite a bit with them.
    www.cyberweld.com

20. Plowboy

Plowboy

I bought a Diversion 180 Tig down there at the Nats, I got it delivered shortly thereafter and didn't use it for a while. When I did finally get around to playing with it, I couldn't get it to work right, and I deduced that the fingertip control wasn't working. I called the tech line and was expecting them to tell me to take it in to a factory service dealer, but no, they just sent me a new fingertip control chip and fixed the problem. Easy!

21. daves30

daves30

I have the miller 225 and have used it for years with no trouble. They were great when I had questions about the machine before and after I bought it.

22. scootermcrad

scootermcrad
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Dan, Is your gun per chance a the M10? I have a DVI (basically the same as the 210) and it's been great. That was the first thing to break was the trigger that they hooked you up with.

That was the ONLY thing I didn't care for on my DVI, was the gun and hose cable assembly. I ended up replacing the whole deal with a Tweco (200 something or another, I think) gun. I like the angle a little better, it's a heavier gun which to me makes it easier to keep steady (I think), the nozzle is set up a little better, and the hose cable can be purchased separately without replacing the whole gun if it gets damaged.

Anyway... went off on a tangent, but have to say I can't imagine ever buying anything other than a Miller. Fantastic welders and a great company to deal with!

Last edited: Oct 20, 2010
  23. A Miller man of over 30 years, best rigs out there, and even better customer service. I'm retired now, and run a Hobart Ironman 210 in my garage/shop, sister company with Miller, and exactly the same service- EXCELLENT. { thanks Keith }. Will be buying a new Miller or Hobart TIG very soon. I once took a Miller Thunderbolt AC-DC out of a barn in Florida, must have been underwater for several hurricanes, and many years. Took the covers off, cleaned it all up, replaced the cables, ground clamp, and electrode holder, and it ran just like new. I know there are a lot of RED fans out there, but sorry they are NOT known for thier customer service, not at all. BDM

Last edited: Oct 20, 2010
  24. str8 6 str8 edge

str8 6 str8 edge
    from Tampa

I've had my Miller for about five years. I really abuse it. Never a glitch.

25. dodgerodder

dodgerodder

Guys, thanks for all of your responses, I enjoyed reading about your experiences. I have always been a "blue" guy, but this nice deed they did will insure any future purchases will go to them.

It amazes me how often the SIMPLE things are forgotten in business. Customer service is #1, without it you are nothing. There are many "nothings" in todays business world:eek:

Scott, my gun was the standard torch that the 210 (& I'm sure many others) come with. I am way overdue for a liner for sure, they recommend changing it out after 5-6 rolls of wire, & I have probably run 4 times that thru it. Feel free to post pics of your gun though Scott, I'd love to check it out

26. Road Runner

Road Runner

It always goes a long way, if you start with making good stuff the honest way and then you get a good person's appreciation and loyalty.
    The rest is easy and it just keeps on keeping on.

27. scootermcrad

scootermcrad
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

I THINK this is the one I have or it may be another similar model. For some reason I was thinking I could run .030 to .040 wire with mine and was even thinking the liner that came with it was .040. I'm going to have to look. I can't see the model number on it while it's installed.

http://www.thermadyne.com/tweco/products/detailProduct.html?prodID=10201134

[​IMG]

28. budd

budd

this is about my miller tig but it is not millers fault, i wanted a foot control for my Dynesty 200, KMS tools in Victoria BC had the best price and said no problem getting it, so i ordered it and was told two weeks, i dont hear anything, i go in and they say they have to make up a large order before they can even order it from miller, but it should be here in a month, i go in a month later and some bullshit story, that was about 8-9 months ago if not more, i stopped asking and be damed if i'll ever order anything from KMS again, i have 5 miller welders in my shop and have never had one problem. i never did buy a foot control from anyone else, i have a plan to use my thumb wheel and build my own, i think KMS should give me a foot control so i stop telling everyone my bullshit story.