Register now to get rid of these ads!

Event Coverage An Inland Emperor's view of the 2010 California Hot Rod Reunion

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Payne, Oct 18, 2010.

1. I thought I'd share my photos from the 2010 California Hot Rod Reunion in Bakersfield. I spent most of my weekend helping crew on Jason Rupert's Mert Littlefied Tribute nostalgia funny car. We had a great weekend with the car, running in the five's all weekend, qualifying No. 2 out of 37 cars with a 5.80, and setting the funny car top speed with a 250 mph run in our first round loss on Saturday afternoon.

Few shots of the funny car I helped crew on

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Some of the 37 funny cars that show up for the race.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Last edited: Oct 18, 2010
  2. 296ardun

296ardun

Very nice, thanks for posting...the nostalgia funny cars are just one of the great things that nostalgia racing has brought back....who would have thought that these cars that many of us remember would be back racing decades later....

3. couverkid

couverkid

Thanks for posting the pictures Billy. Nice to see you there looked like you where busy and the car was running great. It was a great time as always.

4. cool37

cool37
    from SoCal

Thanks for posting!

5. OGNC

OGNC
    Member Emeritus

Just a quickie...
    [​IMG]

6. JeffreyJames

JeffreyJames
    from SUGAR CITY

7. storm king

storm king

I love nostalgia funnies, but I'm sorry, those pinched, wedged, long nosed Camaros and Firebirds, or any other bodies done that way, do not look the part; shouldn't be allowed to run with the real nostalgia cars. They're more like a modern pro mod.

8. OGNC

OGNC
    Member Emeritus

9. It's was great to see you too, I hope you had a ton of fun. Judging by my hangover on Sunday, I know I did! You're definitely right about there being a lot of work to run a nitro funny car, five hours of work for five seconds of fun. I guess it's a good thing that I like my race cars like I like my women, high maintenance!:D

10. couverkid

couverkid

As long as the pay off is good in the end I cant disagree.:D

11. NITROFC

NITROFC
    BANNED

Then you must have seen me with Gary & Steven in there pits .Long time crew guy for GD. Nice to see Brenda, Frank and Matt after many years