Register now to get rid of these ads!

Event Coverage Goodguys is Cancelling This Why? Blue Suede Cruise Coverage

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Malibob, Aug 23, 2010.

1. Falcon Gasser

Falcon Gasser

I like the sounds of this.:rolleyes:

2. B/A Willys

B/A Willys

If this latest news is true it might be the best news in the history of the BSC. We have attended the BSC from the first year, and have seen it rise, and fall. It started off years ago as a great "local" event that got bigger and better as the years went on. I, as many others, believe that the year before the GG take over, it fell apart for many reasons that have been well gone over here and on other posts. GG did not breathe new life into the BSC, it just changed from a great and growing "local" event, to a fairly small GG event. With the recent chatter about the change of the Indy event, we will all be in need of a vintage drag racing event in this area. BSC pre GG had "the Norwalk experience" feel to it, that includes the cook out, fireworks, bands, neon parade, and such things that others may feel are silly. I think that Bill Jr will know what to do to make this happen again. It's the whole package, it's the whole experience, and we for one would like to see it come back.

3. gnichols

gnichols
    from Tampa, FL

It ain't a Kevin Costner movie. If the cars and crowd don't come, the show will go to where it might be better attended. Business is business. I had actually planned to be at this year's event... but the 27 wasn't quite road tour ready. Rats. Gary

4. bangngears

bangngears
    from ofallon mo

Its all about the money! Pure and simple.

5. TERPU

TERPU

Boy, what a thread. The Blue Suede Cruise sounds great, It'll survive in some shape or form with or without the Goodguys. The Goodguys founder is a great guy and so's his wife. They took a simple idea out of love for old cars and made a great national company. Yes they charge money and yes they make a damn nice living doing it. It's the American dream for sure. IF you can't understand this then your missing the American Capitalist way of life. It is also your choice to not contribute, another great aspect of the American way of life. As things are right now we have enough to worry about. I'm sure the Goodguys are feeling it as well. Like 'em, agree with them, or hate them they brough alot of good to the masses and brought out alot of old cars we would have never seen otherwise, the downside is we have to pay to see them in one place.

I guess there are two kinds of folks.

Those that can sit in a lawn chair all day, pay money to park their polished cars on grass, and enjoy the atmosphere it provides.

People who don't understand the need to pull an already parked car onto a patch of grass, pay more money to park it all day and rub a feather duster over it like all the masses, and can't sit still long enough to enjoy the atmosphere.

As for FUCK, who cares where or what it came from. Its a great word for describing a great human recreation, humor, or a situation of any proportion.

So what does it all mean?

Who gives a FUCK- go drive your Hot Rod and pound sand as far as your own opinion as to how somebody else should enjoy their "thing".

Boy Kirk only 140? I was guessing higher than that :)

Tim

6. KIRK!

KIRK!

Yep, so is every company in the world - by definition.

com·pa·ny noun, often attributive \ˈkəmp-nē, ˈkəm-pə-\ - An association of persons for carrying on a commercial or industrial enterprise.

7. JimA

JimA
    BANNED

I ran my business as a "non-profit" for the last 2 years it was running- didn't work out and cost me a 20 year marriage! :(

8. KIRK!

KIRK!

I know. It's only higher than 99.6% of the population. I keep working on it, but it's been basically the same since I was diagnosed "special" in 5th grade and made to attend "gifted" education. Boy did that screw up my view of school.

To get totally sidetracked, here are some famous IQ scores:

Albert Einstein - IQ Score 160

Andy Warhol (my hero) - IQ Score 86

Arnold Schwarzenegger - IQ Score 135 surprising!

Benjamin Netanyahu -IQ Score 180

Bill Clinton - IQ Score 137

Bill Gates - IQ Score 160

Bobby Fischer - IQ Score 187 Geez!

Dolph Lundgren - IQ Score 160 Really?!

Dwight Eisenhower - IQ Score 122

Geena Davis - IQ Score 140

George W. Bush - IQ Score 125 Where does he hide it?

Gerald Ford - IQ Score 121

Hillary Clinton - IQ Score 140

James Woods - IQ Score 180 Rad!

Jayne Mansfield - IQ Score 149

Jimmy Carter - IQ Score 156

Jodie Foster - IQ Score 132

Kim Ung Yong - IQ Score 210 I don't know who he is, but he probably has super powers

Lee Harvey Oswald - IQ Score 118

Lyndon B. Johnson - IQ Score 126

Madonna - IQ Score 140

Muhammad Ali - IQ Score 78

Nicole Kidman - IQ Score 132

John F. Kennedy - IQ Score 119

Quentin Tarantino - IQ Score 160 Yeah, but he's a douche

Reggie Jackson - IQ Score 160

Shakira - IQ Score 140 No way!

Sharon Stone - IQ Score 154 No fucking way!

Stephen Hawking - IQ Score 160

Steve Martin (another one of my heroes) - IQ Score 142

"I like boring things."
    Andy Warhol

Last edited: Oct 19, 2010
  9. JC Sparks

JC Sparks
    from Ohio

No fuel cars? JC

10. gnichols

gnichols
    from Tampa, FL

Lundgren must have sat next to Arnold during the test. Gary

11. spiker

spiker

Hey Kirk, how come I wasn't on your IQ list. Mine's 249, Oh wait, my mistake, that's my weight.
    PS: I'm also a happy Goodguys member. My wife and I drive to at least 2 or 3 Goodguys events every year (plus other assoc. events). There must be something wrong with us, we enjoy just about every event we go to. Loved doing 130MPH+ on Pocono raceway. Keep the faith!

12. And you know the people of Wisconsin !! Why then are Iola and Jefferson swap meets considered to be some of the best meets in the nation!!! Appleton Wisconsin hosts the largest FREE carshow in the country!! People in Wi don't spend money give me a break, it certainly isn't the people of Illinois that have made these meets successful!!!!!!!

13. st.rod

st.rod

GOODGUYS SUCK

Been to many events, if your number gets drawn to win something you win nothing more than a chance to win..??

I'm done with them

Larry

14. 32flames

32flames

Could not agree more that a business needs to make money to exists but a couple of things also need to be provided to stay viable. One, a business needs to provide goods or services that people want and two, a business needs to provide great customer service.

Just look at what the auto industry went through recently, they almost ended existance because they built cars that nobody wanted and provided terrible customer service because engineers did not listen to the customers.

I sure hope that Goodguys listens to the customers in selecting venues or will end up with being just another car show promoter.

Anxiously waiting on the 2011 schedule.

15. KIRK!

KIRK!

Huh? Do you mean for the big giveaways like the Boss Snake? Yes, one qualifier is picked at each event to get a chance to come to Scottsdale and try a key in the car. I'd say that being one of 24 to possibly win a $200,000 prize is pretty damn cool.

Other than that, about 100 people win prizes at each event.

That makes Goodguy suck? OK.

Last edited: Oct 19, 2010
  16. KIRK!

KIRK!

Absolutely right. Goodguys definitely listens to customers, but when people want unrealistic prices, free food, free gas to get to the event, free hotels, etc. there's not much they can do.

Also, no matter how much the customers who attend an event like the venue, if not enough of them go the show cannot continue there.

17. hemi

hemi

LOL.... WTF?

And eggs are not cooked all fluffy in the shell when I buy them at the supermarket. Chickens suck!

18. novatattoo

novatattoo
    from Canton,OH

19. marks914

marks914
    Alliance Vendor

The blue suede cruise is the same weekend as the Woodward dream cruise, only 2 hours away, and a huge car event (1,000,000 people show up), so that might just be a bad weekend for it.

The Dream cruise is an unsponsored event and tons of people and 12 miles of cars(yes, 12 miles of cars) show up. It would be great if there was some sort of organized car event at the State Fairgounds that weekend. The State fairgounds is off of Woodward, at the south end of the cruise, could be big....

Mark

Last edited: Oct 21, 2010
  20. 32flames

32flames

Not the same weekend as Woodward, the dates are July 22 -24 per article in link, on same weekend as Telegraph Cruise but not Woodward. Glad to see it continue and the Bader Family has a first class operation so should be even better in the future.

21. marks914

marks914
    Alliance Vendor

Last 2 years was the same as Woodard, 2010 was Aug 20-22, maybe they wised up
    Mark

22. Grumpy

Grumpy
    from NE Ohio

I have mixed emotions about this.
    We went to every BSC until GGs took over. Then we missed each of those 3yrs. Not because I'm anti-GGs. We've been to the last 11 Columbus events and love it.
    My issue is we camped in the tree's for the last 3yrs of bsc pre-ggs. We liked that a lot.
    Then that was taken away. Granted, the last yr Bader ran it before ggs, we were treated like garbage. I'm torn about whether we'll go back.. I may consider it if there's the tree camping option again.
    And with it being 2 weeks after Columbus GGs, cheap camping versus hotel expense will make the decision for me.
    I'm torn...

23. Malibob

Malibob
    from Pittsburgh

Oh come on, you got to go. Frankie and I will be there provided the dates work.

24. PossumJR.

PossumJR.
    from Walls,MS

Remeber ITS ALL ABOUT MONEY no matter what they say the reason of cancelation. Its all about politics and money!! Thats what hurts hot rodding the most money and poilitics

25. KIRK!

KIRK!

Really? What politics?

Money, yes, for the thousandth time, Goodguys is a business. The goal of EVERY business is to make money.

26. 3wLarry

3wLarry
    Member Emeritus
    from Owasso, Ok

Hey Kirk, ever think about buying a parrot and let him answer these questions for you? :D

kidcampbell71 likes this.
  27. KIRK!

KIRK!

No shit!

The whole "in it for the money" thing is funny to me. It's like saying I don't shop at Target because they're just in it for the money. Uh, yep.

kidcampbell71 likes this.
  28. deadendcruiser

deadendcruiser

Oh come back. I'll let you camp in my yard for free. I have one tree!:D
    We'll definitely be there. Waiting to see how the track handles this show the second go round.

29. Malibob

Malibob
    from Pittsburgh

Sorry bud, I am with Kirk on this one. How is money ruining the hobby exactly? I thought I needed money to play in this venue or did cars and parts used to be free (before Good Guys of course)? Man if so I wish I would have been around before Good Guys started making people pay for cars and parts.

Do you make money on things when you sell them? If you get a deal on something and decide you dont need it, do you then give it away or do you sell it for what YOU think it is worth? If the world worked in charity we would be broke, look at America's economy for an example.

Deadendcruiser- is that an open invite to all HAMBers or just Grump? LOL

30. PossumJR.

PossumJR.
    from Walls,MS

Really? What politics?

-------------------------------------
    Gimme a freakin' break man you know all this BS is Politics EVERYBODY that has ever had anything to do with putting on a show or talk to one os the A**holes that run these big shows knows thats its about politics and about somebody getting filthy freakin' rich. Hot rod shows shouldnt be about getting rich, Making some money is fine but when the only thing the people are there for is to get rich and not for the sole purpose of just keeping hot rodding alive thats when you start entering the world of BULL$HI!