Register now to get rid of these ads!

New Virginia Boy

Discussion in 'New to the H.A.M.B.? Introduce yourself here!' started by SRMN8R, Oct 19, 2010.

1. SRMN8R

SRMN8R
    from Central VA
    1. Virginia HAMB(ers)

I recently stumbled upon the H.A.M.B. and have been so impressed with the site. I've been around the rods & racing scene for most of my life, with some of my best childhood memories centered around the speedway and drag strip.

My current project is an older resto-modded 55 Chevy pickup that will be my (almost) daily driver. Plans include moving it toward an early - mid 60's style. Right now, I'm running a Chevy 400 / TH 350 set up w/ a 12 bolt rear. The frame is halfed, with an early 70's C10 providing ifs, power steering, and disc brakes to the front. I need to resolve some fluid leaks, replace the bed wood, tweak a few items, and run some exhaust, but she's close to being back on the road.

[​IMG][/IMG]

When all is said and done, I plan on putting a lot of miles on this truck and also using it as my tow vehicle.

I look forward to being a member of the community.

2. Welcome from Arkansas. The '55 is lookin good...

3. Welcome to the H.A.M.B. from Des Moines, Iowa! Love the Avatar!!

4. Welcome from Connecticut

5. petes65usa

petes65usa

Welcome....Nice truck, check out TriFive.com we like trucks over there too.....:)

6. kibbie girl

kibbie girl

Welcome!! Nice truck... reminds my of that 57 i had in HS.... :)

7. SRMN8R

SRMN8R
    from Central VA
    1. Virginia HAMB(ers)

Thanks y'all. I'll check out the tri-5 site as well.

8. vbpontiacs

vbpontiacs

hey, i just joined today--in va beach. your truck is lookin good! i'll be postin pics of my pontiacs soon.

9. Welcome SRMN8R, from Ontario, Canada, nice 55.

10. SRMN8R

SRMN8R
    from Central VA
    1. Virginia HAMB(ers)

Good to hear from you. I love Pontiacs! Had a 79 firebird... what a slug! :D

Back in the early 60's my Mom was a street racer in her 62 and 63 Tempest. As a kid, we had a 65 Catalina. I still love the 65's.

Look forward to seeing your pics!

11. big bad john

big bad john

Welcome to the H.A.M.B......... nice looking 55

12. OahuEli

OahuEli
    from Hawaii

Welcome to you and VBPontiacs from Hawaii. I like your truck. Nice to see someone on here from my old stomping grounds as I'm an old Portsmouth boy. Used to street race on Atlantic & Pacific Boulevards in VB back in the '70s.