Register now to get rid of these ads!

Hot Rods Hawaii any hotrodders in Maui??

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Marky, Oct 11, 2010.

1. Marky

Marky

I'll be going to Maui in about a week, and wanted to see if there was anyone out there with some old cars, up and running.. Wanted something to check out and meet some like minded people.. Figured I'd see what happens.. Thx

2. fatforty

fatforty

dennis gage did a show from there this year and had a full tv show. Must be some clubs.

3. philly the greek

philly the greek
    from so . cal.

There's a cruise night in Kehei , I think it's the last part of the month at Peggy Sue's diner. I've seen several hotrods there in my trips to the islands .

4. Butcher Boy

Butcher Boy

Check out the NHRA drag strip on the weekends between the airport and Kihei. Also the owner of Maui Toyota is a local hot rodder.

5. Tetanus Shot

Tetanus Shot

whats up Marky,

not many hot rodders, at least not in the traditional sense that i have met. most of the cars i see are 90's easter egg street rods. there are some exceptions though of course, what part of the island are you staying on? im supposed to be back on the island tomorrow but my trip might get delayed a bit.

Erik

6. The show that Dennis Gage did was from the big island .I think the cruz nite at peggy sue's is the last Sat.of the month.

7. Marky

Marky

I'll be all over the island, so I can meet up just about anywhere.. Any help is much appreciated.. Thx guys

8. Marky

Marky

I'll be going to Hilo later on in the year, what is a good time event wise??

9. Lucky444

Lucky444

10. Marky

Marky

Thx Lucky444,, got your pm.. Heading out today, planning on meeting up with Tetanus Shot and my buddy mike. while were out there..

11. Dirk35

Dirk35

I have a couple of picts of a few rods there on Maui so they exist, just hidden away in garages. I followed a bright yellow prostreeted 48-52 Ford F1 (been a few years so hopefully Im remembering it correctly) over by Kehei but I had to pull off to meet family at the Kehei Cafe. That place is great if you are looking for somewhere to get a good breakfast. The Pork froed rice and eggs are the best.

12. dirthawker1313

dirthawker1313

Tetanus Shot is cool youll have good time hangin out with him for sure. one of the nicest guys ive ever met!

13. PM me before you come to Hilo we can hook up we don't have that many events here couple of shows each year.The cruz night in Hilo is the first Sat.every month.This was taken on the Maui memorial day cruz.

Attached Files:

Last edited: Oct 18, 2010
  14. Marky

Marky

Thx for the info.. I'll have to stop by and grab some food there..

15. k-member

k-member

Damn, I love Hawaii, I will be headed to Maui in a week for Halloween. And for some poke. Didn't look like much happening at the drag strip that weekend.

16. OahuEli

OahuEli
    from Hawaii

17. Lucky444

Lucky444

Enjoy trick or treating for poke!

As soon as they get enough money for blacktop!

18. OahuEli

OahuEli
    from Hawaii

Trick or treating for poke? :eek: :D

No kidding! What we gonna get , 1/8th mile?

19. k-member

k-member

Mauicarshows.com said there was something going on at round table pizza on Sat. the 30th. Looks like peggy sue's is the first saturday of the month. Might have to check it out and see they they do it island style.

20. OahuEli

OahuEli
    from Hawaii

Have Fun! They got some nice cars over on Maui.

21. k-member

k-member

22. chevymike

chevymike

I went to the Peggy Sue's cruise when I was on Maui for my wedding/honeymoon in May of '07. Some nice cars!

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Too bad my camera didn't like the low light... :( Can't wait to get back to the islands. :D

23. k-member

k-member

Wild vents like a Studebaker on that black A.

24. yblock292

yblock292

heard years ago there was a Maui rod run where you load your car in a shipping container in texas, take it to Maui by ship, you fly over unload your car a spend 4-5 days cruizing . As i recall, it was a package deal, shipping, airfare, hotel. Is there such a thing?

25. Lucky444

Lucky444

Maybe you're thinking of the Cruise Paradise event held on the Big Island. Happens every three years and is ten full days of cruising around the island. Last year El Jefe from here on the HAMB, shipped his Merc out there from Austin, TX. Here's a couple of threads....

http://www.jalopyjournal.com/forum/showthread.php?t=380593&highlight=hawaii

http://www.jalopyjournal.com/forum/showthread.php?t=376531&highlight=aloha+dudes

Got this info off the internet too....

"Interested cruisers can contact either event co-chairman Herbert Leite or Darryl Turner regarding Cruise Paradise 2012 event schedules, shipping, and hotel information @ [email protected]."

26. hot-rod roadster

hot-rod roadster
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    from Omaha Ne.

Was there the last week in july this year. Stayed in Ka'anapali and spent quite a bit of time in Lahaina. Didn't see any hot-rods but you guys have a beautiful island. Obviously why they call it paradise. Gary

27. philly the greek

philly the greek
    from so . cal.

I'm going over on the 28th, maybe I'll see ya there . Here's some shots of the cruise in Kehai.

Attached Files:

28. Jimmy2car

Jimmy2car
    from No. Cal

You guys on Oahu need to do something. You've had two strips and both are now gone. What's up with that?

29. Cruiser

Cruiser

Marky - take a look at this on line magazine it'll give you lots of information on the Hawaii scene. There's always a cruise night at Peggy Sue's in Kihei on Maui a hamburger place.

http://honolulustreetsmagazine.com/

CRUISER :cool:

30. Lucky444

Lucky444

They're working on it. Here's a link to the new track site...

http://www.kalaeloaracewaypark.com/

Nothing's paved yet, but they've done some Sand Drags and Offroad Rally type races so far. Drag Strip to come. It's tough man, this island's gotten so damned crowded. The last Raceway Park used to be out in the boonies and it's now been swallowed up by development. Houses and strip malls galore.