Register now to get rid of these ads!

Alter Boys Jam Detail Pics

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by fitty_2, Sep 19, 2010.

1. fitty_2

fitty_2

Hey all,

Funny day it was Saturday, the early part of the morning was beautiful & perfect then became overcast. Stayed a spectator for the most part, & stayed low. Here's some detail pics to add to what you like....

n

Attached Files:

2. fitty_2

fitty_2

In no particular order, here are some more car shots both show club & spectator.

All and all it was a good time, and another great effort by the Alter Boys.

There was a lot to look at and I did miss seeing some things because due to not squatting down and looking under the car, plus the in and out of various cars let onto the show grounds, but this made it cool.

Late in the day as I was leaving I witnessed a trailer pull up and a roadster unloded and warmed up in the parking lot to be let into the show. But most cars it seemed came and went under their own power.

A moon hubcaped flat black and silver painted bumpered '56 Customline with engine turned metal interior looked promising, but I left it alone because it was running a windsor based motor, and only noticed the old school frankland quickchange as it was rolling away from me down the access road. That'll teach me, I'm looking to talk to you sir!

Look forward to seeing all you guys someplace warm & bright~(it's gettin' cold here in the east)

3 cheers,

n

Attached Files:

Last edited: Sep 19, 2010
  3. VenomousType

VenomousType
    from Atlanta GA

i like that tow truck!

4. Pete

Pete

Hey man, thanks for posting such cool photo's! Where in the peoples republic are you?

Pete-

5. general gow

general gow
    Staff Member

yeah, wow. nice shots.

6. 31fordV860

31fordV860

That edmunds racing equipment 3 window is amazing...

7. JeffreyJames

JeffreyJames
    from SUGAR CITY

Pete's coupe keeps getting cooler. The lettering is perfect!

8. lonewolf52

lonewolf52

Great show. Definatly worth the 8 hour drive.

9. Pete

Pete

Jeff,
    Thanks dude, I can do 45mph in second gear with the new Dodge rear wheels.....

Pete-

10. fitty_2

fitty_2

Hey Guys,

Yes it was a great show and well worth making the effort. I have to admit I actually rode my bike~ a trusty & rusty old centurion rat road bike the thirty miles there and back to make it!! You didn't see it at the show because I stashed in the bushes.

Pete, you're very welcome for the picture posts, in fact yours was the primary car I wanted to see at the show in person, ever since I saw it pictured I think in Street Rodder? mag in last year's jam coverage. Yours is a really nicely done, purposeful and true to itself car~ The track nose, color, polished hood, rear wheels & tires etc all are spot on in my book.. as well as your club's axe blade car plaques & old school hand painted event signs! I rent my apartment in Cambridge, off Mt Auburn St/Belmont Ave on the Cambridge/Belmont/Watertown line. My workspace is in Arlington. Where are you located?

Anyone who who's cars I photo'ed can pm me and I would be happy to send you a zip file of the pics to your regular email.

I gotta say the feel of the show was really chill and laid back, and also well run with I am sure lots of behind the scenes stuff by the club members going on to keep things fun, safe and pleasant. If you knew where to look there were lots of great bits and cool treatments of the various rods to pick up on.

I got a particularly great blast of old, old school flavor from the 'die my darling' dash and exposed mechanics of that one five window.

And yes that vintage white and purple edmunds three window was intense!

If any of your club would like to visit me at my workspace in Arlington it would be welcome, either on your own or as a small group. Pm me for details. I have three projects and a pile of cool stuff I am working on, unfortunately none of it running yet, but coming.

Torr knows where it is already unfortunately,

Just kidding!

cheers,

Nate

PS ~ Anyone know who had the flat black '56 Customline sedan with Windsor, Moon discs, metal turned interior and Frankland quickchange rear?

Attached Files:

Last edited: Sep 22, 2010
  11. general gow

general gow
    Staff Member

i saw that bike at some point during the day. not sure how you can ride 60 miles on that saddle...

12. damn, that purple 3 window with the white frame, mags, and flathead is the SHIT!!!!!!

13. fitty_2

fitty_2

Only thirty miles!! And I don't sit down much!

-n

14. general gow

general gow
    Staff Member

tomcandoit-blame dave simard...

15. fitty_2

fitty_2

Attached Files:

16. fitty_2

fitty_2

Attached Files:

Last edited: Oct 16, 2010
  17. general gow

general gow
    Staff Member

the user two posts above my comment, tomcandoit, referred to a rad purple 34 from your pics, and i was telling him that dave simard built it.

now, what's up with the bruce nauman and ed ruscha links? trying to follwo your train of thought there...

18. fitty_2

fitty_2

anyway

Attached Files:

Last edited: Oct 15, 2010
  19. fitty_2

fitty_2

and

Attached Files:

Last edited: Oct 16, 2010
  20. Slick Willy

Slick Willy