Register now to get rid of these ads!

Art & Inspiration GENE WINDFIELD WORKSHOP @ GAMBINO KUSTOMS DEC. 18th - 19th

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Gambino_Kustoms, Sep 16, 2010.

1. stude_trucks

stude_trucks

Alex, sorry haven't called yet, been slammed with work, but definitely still want to go both days. Hope there is still a spot. I should have some time in the morning to give you a call and reserve a spot. Thanks.

2. HoldFast

HoldFast

What an awesome opportunity

3. shop rag

shop rag

Count me in. I'm calling now.

4. stude_trucks

stude_trucks

Just got off the phone with Alex and got myself signed up for both days. Since he is on the road right now, he asked me to relay that Lazze is apparently going to be there as well and bringing some of his tools to share. It didn't sound like he was going to be helping to teach or anything, just be there and bring some of his cool equipment. I'll let Alex and Lazze himself confirm and elaborate if they want.

And sounds like people are getting signed up, but there is definitely still room. So, if you are interested, give him a call. I'm definitely looking forward to it and to meeting some other hambers as well.

5. studhud

studhud

Back up! the class isnt full yet but it will be so call Alex and get your cash in !!!!

Dave Hitch

6. gorillaFart

gorillaFart

this is so cool!

7. Gambino_Kustoms

Gambino_Kustoms
    Alliance Vendor

back to the top we have space avable come on

8. stude_trucks

stude_trucks

Here's a bump for Alex and Gene. I'm signed up and looking forward to it.

Alex, what are the actual times, start and finish, etc? Thanks!

9. Gambino_Kustoms

Gambino_Kustoms
    Alliance Vendor

10. studhud

studhud

One more spot is gone!
    Alex I gotta cash you out for a friend who is not on the HAMB Ill give ya his cash in Bakersfiled!

LTR Dave Hitch

11. CharlieLed

CharlieLed

Gene teaches everything from the basics on up, if you know how to beat out a panel and how to gas weld then you will learn how to do it better...if you don't know how then you will by the end of the second day. If you are short on metal working skills then get one or two of Gene's DVDs before you go...that way when you get there you will know the language and techniques and get more from the in-person experience.
    I was at Gene's workshop at Mercury Charlie's a couple of weeks ago...his favorite saying was "I don't give a shit!"...get used to hearing it. I threatened to have a t-shirt made for him with "Gene says, I don't give a shit!" across the front. He just grinned...

12. stude_trucks

stude_trucks

Anybody know the actual times of the classes yet?

13. studhud

studhud

Well I know Gene and Alex pretty well my advice go early stay late! I've been to Genes class before and it's sad that people wanted to leave early. Gene will go from 6 am till 8 or later if people are into it and stay engaged in the class that's alex's work ethic as well! I did a 3 day paint class with Gene people paid good money but left early!???? You get out of these things what you put in so ask lots o questions and be prepared to have an 82 year old man and a guy recovering from cancer work circles around ya all day!
    Dave Hitch

14. stude_trucks

stude_trucks

Definitely understand and sounds great and I'm all for it whatever within reason. But, just asking because we've got 2 little kids and am an hour or so away, so need to at least make proper understood plans before hand so the wife isn't just left at home holding the bag all day/night wondering. I use to be all into no planning adventures and winging it. But unfortunately with kids, that just doesn't work. Having at least some rough times would be helpful.

15. Marky

Marky

Right on.. Looks like a good time.. Wish I lived closer..

16. how many spots are left? this sounds like a perfect Christmas present for me :)

17. I took this picture of Gene's T coupe just after a rain shower at B-ville when I was a worker on the short course stagging lanes a few years ago. The rain came late in the afternoon which put an end to the day's activities but it provided me with a great photo op. I'm glad I was there!
    Ron

Attached Files:

18. 510madmav

510madmav

I'm going to call Gambino tomorrow I would like to attend! Don't want to pass this up!!

19. Not sure where you are from, but a couple of us are driving down from Seattle.....should be a fun trip;):D

20. Gambino_Kustoms

Gambino_Kustoms
    Alliance Vendor

any one coming to the Gene Winfield class dec. 18th - 19th can stay at the comfort inn its a block from the shop
    http://www.comfortinn.com/hotel-san_...5?promo=ylocal
    rinau is the manager 408 287 9380 just tell them your with gambino kustoms
    the rooms are 75.00 plus tax they have a full continentell breakfast even have waffels:D yum yum

class starts at 9:00 sat and sun
    please show up as early as 8:00 if you like and at least by 8:30
    and dont be late early is better than late!!!!!
    ill be opening the doors at 7:00

bring safty glass s gloves and welding helmet

also there are a few spots left for you late blumers

were thinking about doing a chop friday night and sat & sun after the class this aint 100% yet but a high posability so any one wanting to hang out is welcome to

hotel http://www.jalopyjournal.com/forum/showthread.php?t=535968

21. nocoastsaint

nocoastsaint

Will be leaving Central Time for Pacific Time via Mountian Time out of Denver Friday morning. Excited and eager doesn't really cover it! Anyone going to be hitting the San Jose airport Friday, middle afternoon? Want to split a cab?

22. Adam.Perrault

Adam.Perrault
    from Phoenix AZ

I will be in at 950 friday night so lets chop late!

I am so ready to get out of town!

23. NOTCH

NOTCH

Cant wait! I will bring an extra welding helmet if anyone needs it and safety glasses..
    And For all those who would like a few beers at my Tiki Bar here at my shop are welcome to cruz over Saturday Night after the Workshop Seminar. My Chop Shop is 10 min away... See Yall there...

24. prttyplymouthgal

prttyplymouthgal

My hubby will be there! Im jealous! But at least one of us gets to go.Have fun boys!

25. KrisKustomPaint

KrisKustomPaint

I wish there was something like this in my neck of the woods.

26. Gambino_Kustoms

Gambino_Kustoms
    Alliance Vendor

FRIDAY night SAT & SUN night after the class were chopping the tribut 58 lincoln anyones welcome to stop by

27. What time are you starting on Friday night?

28. Gambino_Kustoms

Gambino_Kustoms
    Alliance Vendor

friday afternoon we will be getting ready id say i want to be cutting by 6:00

29. 52pig

52pig

Sounds pretty good...

I may try to come down tonight, it may be a little later though, I'm sure you guys will still be chopping.

30. Gambino_Kustoms

Gambino_Kustoms
    Alliance Vendor

open house @ gambino kustoms
    @ a mini grand opening for san jose speed & chrome
    we will be choping the watson tribute car
    friday 2:00 pm - till we hours
    after class
    sat 7:00 - till we hours
    sun 7:00 - till we hours

class starts at 9:00 am sharp sat & sun