Register now to get rid of these ads!

Bias Ply Tire Suggestions on Full Fendered Car?

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by lsmjamison, Oct 15, 2010.

1. lsmjamison

lsmjamison
    from Texas

I am looking to put bias ply on my '34 Full Fendered Coupe and am having trouble getting the size/dimensions to reasonably look right for the style of the car.

I'm considering putting 820 15 dirt track in the rear and using a standard bias ply 5.60 15s in the front. Does anyone have pictures (or opinions) on using bias dirt track in the rear and standard Firestone bias in the front?

Any pictures or tire suggesions on bias sizes on full-fendered early fords?

Thanks in advance!

Attached Files:

2. scrap metal 48

scrap metal 48

I think the dirt track tires are more for fenderless rods.. Regular 8.20 and 5.60 stones would be a nice combo though.....

3. lsmjamison

lsmjamison
    from Texas

Man, the 820s just seem so skinny? They look like bicycle tires... Is that what you have on the Model A in your Avatar?

4. JimA

JimA
    BANNED

I have loved that coupe since I was a kid! Was really excited to see it at the Goodguys Texas show a few years ago. 8.20 dirt tires will fill that fender! They aren't small!

Attached Files: