Register now to get rid of these ads!

1949 Ford Crash,Long Beach,Yesterday?

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Bad Bob, Oct 11, 2010.

1. ironandsteele

ironandsteele

i absolutely would agree with that.

great news that he wasn't drinking...

let's all hope for a speedy recovery.

2. "Cars can be replaced, people cant. Hope everyone makes a speedy recovery. "
    This is my thought also!!
    These guys are really lucky to alive!!
    I hope everyone recovers to drive another day!!
    <!-- / message -->

3. pretty sure i saw that car at the sac autorama this past year.
    that is scary as fuck.
    i sure hope they come out alright

4. Doll Kustom

Doll Kustom

$$$$ sent... if ya haven't yet, please pony up for these guys!

Jen - if you get this... just let me know if you need anything else....
    xoxo Denise.

5. Good news!!!

6. Absolution

Absolution
    from Phoenix

Spoke with Ren and he is in good spirits but will be in a bed for a long time.

Alone none of us can do much to help them get bills paid for 2-3 months but together we can do something great.

If you want to help a great guy get by in a rough patch his wife has Paypal set up at [email protected].

7. I dunno the guys personally, but we sure wish them a good, healthy recovery. Hang in there guys!!!

8. Greezeball

Greezeball

Wow! When I heard he had a broken pelvis mine started to ache. Broke mine about 10 years ago racing bikes. This dude is going to be fucking sore for a very long time, I was walking without crutches or canes after about 8 weeks but it hurt for at least a year and I couldn't sit in a car for more than an hour. Bein' that he's a deisel mechanic he needs to recover as much mobility as possible and that's going to take a lot of physio therapy and that aint cheap. I be sending a donation ASAP. Can't do PayPal from work :p. My physio was 80 bucks a session and I went 5 days a week for 3 months then twice a week for a year do the math and still go on occassion.

9. RAY With

RAY With

Both guys damn lucky to be alive and my prayers go out to them and their family's

10. redlinetoys

redlinetoys
    from Midwest

Ouch, ouch, ouch. Hate to hear of the injuries and hate to see that poor little car looking all unhinged. Glad to hear it wasn't worse, as it obviously could have been.

Prayers from Indiana...

11. John Denich

John Denich

I just talked to Dave....We are planing a fundraiser for Dan! Stay tuned!

12. billys54

billys54

13. LIL ANGE.

LIL ANGE.
    from Long Beach

glad to hear these kats are doin well. dont know what caused the accident, but it looked pretty serious. for all we know that rig could of just pulled out in front of him, i see it all the time.
    im sure we all have.

14. Gambino_Kustoms

Gambino_Kustoms
    Alliance Vendor

man hope things are getting better for you guys youve been in are prayers since day one

15. Burny

Burny

Man, tough to see... Paypal sent... [email protected]

John, Count me in on anything you need for the fundraiser. Artwork? Product to donate... Whatever.

16. cooltoys1

cooltoys1
    from Buffalo NY

Prayers comin their way.

17. Man, that is so sad, our prayers go out for them,,,,Sam

18. fbama73

fbama73

Since I got my Chevy, and started getting involved with this board, I've learned that it's one big family. A little bit dysfunctional at times, but there's always someone willing to help a fellow rodder out with advice, or a stray part or two. And when something really bad like this happens, the wagons get circled.

You guys and gals are pretty alright!

Get well, guys- you've got prayers, well wishes, and paypal from us!

19. PunkAssGearhead88

PunkAssGearhead88
    from So Cal

I HATE seeing this kind of unfortunate shit! It takes countless hours to build a car like that shoebox and it gets destroyed in just one second... Just like your life can..

20. 51Gringo

51Gringo
    from Nor Cal

wow, thats awful, I hope those two make a full recovery, that was hard to watch.
    Best wishes,
    Max.

21. Sacramento Kustoms

Sacramento Kustoms

Scary stuff. Our thoughts and prayers to all involved.

22. How's he doin?

23. Doll Kustom

Doll Kustom

John D. as the fundraiser goes. i have some artwork sittin' around.. i'm willing to donate for sure!!! just pm me or whatever you need to do to get things lined out..
    xoxo Denise.

24. jhabershaw

jhabershaw

Thanks everyone for the prayers and thoughts! Thanks to those who have donated also. We really appreciate it. I will send thank yous when Dan is back at home.

Jenifer Habershaw

25. kustomkat

kustomkat

Glad to hear that dan is doing well. Please keep us posted on his status. Tommy knows how to find me, if there is anything I can do for you two...

26. lockwoodkustoms

lockwoodkustoms

Wow! I just seen this thread and can not believe what I saw. I am glad that everyone is coming through and wish the best of luck and prayers to all involved.

27. clubcoupe37

clubcoupe37

this is horrible news, I will keep all involved in my prayers.

28. Dat Dirty Rat

Dat Dirty Rat

I had a buddy forward the video to my email & couldnt believe it when i saw it. Just speechless then i saw the pic showing the damage to the passenger side of the car & my heart sank. Kind of makes ya think for a bit....Its truely a blessing you both are still with us. I wish ya the best & a speedy recovery. Stay Strong.

29. brock

brock
    from So-Cal

Dan goes in for surgery tomorrow (10/19) for his pelvic breaks so let's keep those good wishes and prayers up... I know that all the support the HAMBers have shown has really lifted his spirits and I'm sure the donations have really helped Jen worry less about the upcoming bills and allowed her to spend more time caring for her husband. I'm sure if Dan could he would thank you all, but seeing as how it's hard to type flat on your back I'll throw it out for him-- Thanks HAMBers!

30. GaryB

GaryB
    from Reno,nv

thoughts are with him,hope things go well