Register now to get rid of these ads!

Folks Of Interest HAROLD WATSON/RIP/Waterdown Car Show

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by B Lawrence, Oct 4, 2010.

1. B Lawrence

B Lawrence
    from Ham.

Harold Watson the man that started and ran this show for the past 40 years. Passed away sunday Oct 3 at his cottage in Sauble baech..

I will miss my old friend.....

Last edited by a moderator: Oct 4, 2010
  2. temper_mental

temper_mental
    from Texas

3. Jeff Norwell

Jeff Norwell
    Staff Member

Harold was a good friend and a VERY kind soul...... he has left a GIANT hole in our hotrod Community up here.Old school to the Max.... I will miss him very much.
    I heard the news very early this morning and my day has been shitty.

Godspeed Harold, you were a heck of a guy.

Rip

4. John Denich

John Denich

I got to meet Harold when I was a young kid! Jeff is right he always had time for us!

you will be missed my friend!

John

5. coupedevil

coupedevil

Jeff you said it. Harold was a role model for Rob growing up and a dear friend since. We are very saddened by this news. A heartfelt sympathy to Verna and the entire Watson family. Here is the obituary and service information. We will head up early Wed. morning with the 32. RIP Harold we will miss you and fondly remember our good times with you.

Harold Milford Watson
    (Apr 14, 1940 - Oct 3, 2010)

Peacefully at the cottage in Sauble Beach, on Sunday, October 3, 2010, Harold Watson of Waterdown, at the age of 70 years. Beloved husband of Verna (nee Klodt) and loved father of Jayne, Janice (Gary), Scott (Angela), and Sean. Dear Grandpa of Amanda Swirski (Richie), Mallory McGough, Drew Watson, Chloe Watson, and great-grandson Charlie Swirski. Will also be deeply missed by sisters Linda (Ken Brunton), Lois (Rob Graham) and sister-in-law Jayne (Wayne Tullock). Also survived by his uncles, Rusty Watson (Norma predeceased), and David Watson (Flossie) as well as many nieces and nephews.

Harold’s lifelong passion for street rods led him and Brian Hounsell to create one of the first car shows in this area. Over the past 40 years this has become the largest car show in Ontario. He will be missed by many.

Friends may visit with the family at KITCHING, STEEPE & LUDWIG FUNERAL HOME, 146 Mill Street North, Waterdown on Wednesday from 2-4 and 7-9 p.m. where the Funeral Service will be held on Thursday, October 7, 2010 at 1:30 p.m. Cremation to follow. If so desired, donations to the Heart & Stroke Foundation would be appreciated as expressions of sympathy. Please sign the Book of Condolence.

All street rods are welcome!

6. Candy-Man

Candy-Man

Very sad day indeed.

R.I.P.

7. jstadrvr

jstadrvr

I didn't know him personally but his name was mentioned in several conversations in this hobby. R.I.P.