Register now to get rid of these ads!

Dumbest thing an "EXPERT" has said about your ride?

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by SOHC427, May 8, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Onlychevrolets;
    what are you doing with a dodge.
    And be specific! Which same engine?
    The flathead or the OHV Hemi?

Attached Files:

2. 31Hudson

31Hudson

and is green and has 4 doors....

Sorry. Just couldn't help myself. lmao

3. sololobo

sololobo

Well I guess I learned something new today. An actual "in the gas station encounter"--gassing up my 59 Ford Ranch Wagon tu-door,-- Dudes says--nice Nomad,-- I say--its a Ford Ranch Wagon--Dude says, yeah -but all tu-door wagons are Nomads!-- I say, cool man. ~Sololobo~

4. onlychevrolets

onlychevrolets

It's the little flathead six, as for why I have it. It belongs to a customer with money to spend ...so we are restoring his 48 Dodge factory Stake body... boy you don't just pick up the phone and order them parts. It has spent it's whole life on a farm..the floors where gone, the bottoms of both doors where gone...lots of work went into building all that . But thats off topic of this thread.

5. 29AV8

29AV8

not correct tailights for a 51 ford. "frenched with 49-50 tailights"
    go back home fella.

6. Mac_55

Mac_55

Guy walks out of walmart while me and my son and nephew are loading up to leave .
    Guy says " Nice 56! always loved the lines of a 56 . What motor you got in it ?"

Me " its a 55 , and i just slid a small block in it to drive it , the project is at home"

Guy " well since youve already ruined it by putting a small block in it and its not original anymore , you should probably go ahead and rat rod it"

me= just picture the cartoon thermometer when the mercury hits the top and breaks the glass ha ha , wanted to say several choice words but i just kept m mouth shut in front of the kids. What was funny was my 9 year old son said to me when we got in the car and left " Dad that guy is pretty dumb if he cant tell a 55 chevy from a 56.

[​IMG]

7. So how come you don't post a picture of his, DBag...

8. pwschuh

pwschuh
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

A drunk hillbilly chick does not qualify as an expert. In fact, she doesn't even qualify as an "expert."

9. lostforawhile

lostforawhile

I have one of those with a couple of SU's on it, really confused a poor tuner kid once, first he swore it must be some sort of fuel injection becaue they never came with carbs (had one stock ), then he swore they wouldn't work because they were "sideways" he said the gas would leak out. I know off topic, but i lauged my ass off for about ten minutes while he just looked confused. :rolleyes:

10. sixdogs

sixdogs
    BANNED
    from C

Agreed.

But if she's hot with too much cleavage or skimpy attire it makes for worthwhile entertainment.
    Drunk is a bonus.

11. cecce

cecce
    from Sweden

ROFL!
    Kids are great! You must be proud!

Me and my kid were messing with his GoCart the other day and I was moving some oilcans around at the same time, you know, trying to tidy up a bit as one goes along. The kid looks up and says "What do you want to do with that dad? –That's straight 40 grade, you can't use that with the 'Cart". He had me quite stunned. He's 7 years old.
    A bit OT, sorry.

12. Bigcheese327

Bigcheese327

Perhaps we need another thread: "Smartest thing an AMATEUR has said about your ride"?

-Dave

13. 392

thats not traditional

14. Gwinn2932

Gwinn2932

was at a swap meet in OK before swapping out the banger for the 8ba. I told a guy i was building a v8 to put in it and he said the only way to make a ford run was to put a small block chevy in it. What a dipshit. Miss the car but couldn't haul around a 2yr old in it. Pretty sure it's in good hands though.

Attached Files:

15. I had sort of a reverse experience recently on this sort of thing. Had a yard sale a while back and this guy pulls up in a '28-'29 coupe in original unrestored condition. At the time I thought that that had made my day.

So I walk out and try to make small talk with him...you know....because we like this shit. I asked him if it was a '28 or a '29. He just looked at me and said, "Can't you read the license plate?" So I looked over and of course it had a license plate frame that said, " 1929 Ford". So I just said, "Well duh...I guess I couldn't read." And the dude chuckled as if to say, "Jeez what a dumb ass."

So I try again...."so if you've got a '28 and '29 parked next to each other how might you go about telling them appart?" I figured he would know and I was legitimately interested. And he just gave me a wierd look and walked off.

16. pwschuh

pwschuh
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

He responded that way because he didn't know the answer to your question.

17. BangerMatt

BangerMatt

Or he wanted to avoid a long conversation over the subtle differences between the two that could be present depending on which month each individual subassembly and part of the car was made.

18. propwash

propwash
    from Las Vegas

well, as near as I can tell, neither any of the posters to this thread nor myself has ever met an "expert" in the literal sense. There does, however, appear to be a plethora of totally clueless TITheads on the loose no matter where we go.

dj

19. Von Rigg Fink

Von Rigg Fink
    from Garage

this thread proves we need some bleach in the gene pool

20. hillbilly4008

hillbilly4008
    from Rome NY

So i sold my truck on ebay last month. You wouldnt believe the amount of calls i was getting. The one that takes the cake is this guy:

"what kind of rear end does it have?" -clueless guy
    "Ford 9 inch out of a '68 Bronco w/4somethin gears." -me
    "So is that a 10bolt or a 14bolt?" -clueless guy
    "No, its a FORD 9 INCH." -me
    "I know, but which one is it?" -clueless guy

21. Zombie Duck

Zombie Duck

Well this is a little off subject but about 11 years ago I was filling up my truck after I got out of work, I'm covered in oil and smell like old gas. Then some guy from out of town pulls up to the pump next to me. The guy gets out and says "fill er' up, check the fluids and wash the windshield" as he walks into the store. :confused: I've never been to a full service gas station in my life, not sure why he thought this was one of em.

Oh, and I did have someone ask what year FORD my 1955 PONTIAC was, after he looked it over for a few minutes (I'm trying to sell it) I guess he missed the P O N T I A C on the hood.

22. deto

deto

bus driver- "NIce 49 chevy."
    me- "Thanks but its a 52"
    bus driver- "No its not, 49's had a split windshield"
    me- "You're right. My mistake. I must have been registering it wrong for the last 3 years"
    bus driver- "You better look into getting that fixed with the DMV"
    me-"good to have an expert around..."

23. Old-Soul

Old-Soul

Sorry, didn't see your reply till just now.

That is the correct line, but everyone has heard it so many times I like to throw mine in there to confuse the people who know whats coming next :p

24. phatgoose

phatgoose

Had my '50 Ford Shoebox parked at work . Fellow employee says to me, " Is that your Bel Air?" I said " yeah it is." Not an expert, but funny to me nonetheless.

25. 30 A coupe

30 A coupe

It's not actually a dumb remark about my ride but!!!!!

Coming back from Bonneville Speedweek 2007 with the rental covered with salt around the wheelwells (+90°). Stopped at a gasstation outside Salt Lake City two girls came up to me "Is that snow?" :confused::confused::rolleyes::rolleyes::eek::eek::D:D

26. Spooky

Spooky

I was getting gas one night in Scappoose. The fellow looks the slEdsel over and smiles.
    It is raining and I am hunkered down in the inside of this ol '59 of mine. Now on the rear of my Edsel I have a set of '59 Chev taillights. I have rearranged the letters on the front fender and door to read S L E D. As I am offering the dough to the guy he smiles and says, "Wow, nice Chevy Sledge."

27. The only 'expert' on my ride is ME.

28. metal man

metal man

A couple weeks ago some d-bag salesman walked into my shop.He looks at the '34 coupe I'm building for a customer and says "that's cool,is it a '32 Ford?''.I said no,It's a '34.Then he looks at my '29 tub "is that a '32Ford ?" I said no ,it's a '29. Then he looks at my '40 coupe "is that one a '32 Ford ?" .I say no,there are no '32 Fords here today.His reply,"that's too bad,I love '32's :eek::eek::eek: WTF? I wasted no time kicking his ass out.

29. RichFox

RichFox
    Member Emeritus

That's kind of the deal. I consider myself kind of a car guy. Several Bonneville/El Mirage records. Drag trophies. Stuff like that from the mid '60s till now. I can tell a '29 Ford from a '30 or a '49 from a '50. But I have no idea what year the Camaro is. I just don't care about newer cars. Friend of mine has one he runs on the salt. It became the HRM car for a while. I don't know what year it is. Never really looked at it. Don't hate them. Don't think mine is better. (Maybe a little) Just not interested.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.