Register now to get rid of these ads!

Why do men call cars with women"s name?

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by big bad john, Aug 29, 2010.

1. G V Gordon

G V Gordon
    from Enid OK

So your car could go either way!

2. THE BRONSON

THE BRONSON

Bwahahahah...to fucking funny!

3. fbama73

fbama73

My wife's Durango has had so many electrical problems that she swears it has a poltergeist in it, so she started calling it Carolanne.

I started calling it Lucas. She doesn't get it.

4. Larjk9

Larjk9

Used to have a Mother In Law named Bessie Mae...that was one serious bad bitch. Tougher than any Hot Rod. I named a D-9 Caterpillar after her.

5. dawg

dawg

I had a cutlass with a sagging spring on the left rear, I named her "Eileen".... :D

6. OahuEli

OahuEli
    from Hawaii

Gives a whole new direction to the name "Peterbuilt". :p

7. Slow55

Slow55

If you drive em til they get hot, they'll both leave a spot on the driveway.

8. coolbreeze1340

coolbreeze1340
    from Indiana

I don't name any of my cars or bikes but the wife has a few names for all of them!

9. I had an old 68 camaro ragtop I called my Melvin Mobile and my favorite old tough Chevy truck I called Mable after my grandmother, another called blue, then at work we had a work truck called Earl.

10. Not all cars are girls.....my girlfriend [later my 1st wife] named my 57 Pontiac "Poncho" ..yeah, yeah I know..not very original but it stuck.
    She loved that car as much as I did.

Attached Files:

11. greazhonkey

greazhonkey

I call my A the "fickle bitch"

It's fast, sexy, and gives me constant headaches, just like a woman

12. EyeballJohn

EyeballJohn

Cause if it has Boobs or Wheels it's gonna give ya trouble ( don't let my wife see this!!!!!) :D

13. dumprat

dumprat
    from b.c.

I called my powerwagon "Agnes". It kind of reminded me of a big fat girl. Didn't move too fast but went anywhere. Not that I ever met anybody named Agnes.

14. Sirweesarunch

Sirweesarunch

your car is like a wife . you spend enormous amounts of money on her so you can take her out and show her off . a lot of the times she pisses you off so bad you swear at her . but over the years she's been loyal . of course your not going to name her alfred or george .. my 55 caddy is named Lola

15. hotrod40coupe

hotrod40coupe

Mine are either "The Coupe" or "The Pickup". I guess you could consider the Pickup a girl?

16. my cars don't have a gender. i name the project, not the car. that helps a little with staying focused. i do talk to them alot though.

17. Probably the same reason fighter and bombers planes received names.
    When my painters were working on my car, to be painted a light gray, they wanted to call it "Spooky". I told them it hadn't earned a name yet. Now it has.
    Miss Chevious. She demands you to get into mischief, grab another gear and make the three deuces howl! OMFG, a SBC again! Goes with the spelling.
    I can see art on the cowl of Miss Chevious related to Memphis Belle, The Ruptured Duck (Tell us if you too know where THAT PLANE FLEW), Bock's Car, etc. Eyes looking from under a dark '40's lady's hat.............................................

18. bigguylilroof

bigguylilroof

cause they always find a way to f@#K us!!!

19. foolthrottle

foolthrottle

Cadillac designers in the 50's made no secret that the bumper guards where patterned after some Hollywood actress tits. Years ago I read a story about the Detroit auto show, it seems they catch a couple of guys trying to have sex with the cars every year.

20. RoscoeFink

RoscoeFink
    from Idaho

Because for many of us, our Car is like a girlfriend.
    You invest money into the relationship, you like take her out and show her off, you think she's the most beautiful thing of all, (Even if you sneak the occassional peak at other's rides) take care of her, talk to her, have misunderstandings, but usually manage to work them out with time ........ I've called all my cars by ladies names, It just seems natural.

21. chucklz

chucklz
    from KC

To take it even further when there is something wrong with her you can fix it, unlike the real version! I just hate not knowing what makes a woman work, so I have a surrogate...to satisfy that pang.

Boys meet Charlotte and Sally:

Attached Files:

22. devilleish

devilleish

While my '55 is named Geraldine, after a song (sweetest thang you ever seen)... My girl's red 'n' white '59 Country Sedan is simply called The Rooster. Very male name, and the damn car is just as temperamental as a real rooster (which is what we have as a shop dog...). I think it depends on the owner.

Last edited: Sep 7, 2010
  23. MrFalcon62

MrFalcon62

my bird is named "Lucy Quipment"

i have lost several trim rings and a wheel-spider while cruising

24. plym49

plym49
    from Earth

What do women call their cars?

25. choptop4

choptop4

My uncle got his 32 in 54.It has always been the coupe.I got my 38 in 72 and a friend named it The Boznetic Coupe!If anyone can tell me where he got that,you get a cookie.And yes i know where it came from.

26. WTFHemi

WTFHemi
    from Austin

and you really wouldn't want to make him angry

27. WTFHemi

WTFHemi
    from Austin

shopping carts

28. KaddyKimber

KaddyKimber
    from Denver, CO

My Cadillac is Dita, "Dita Deville." She has DD's, I have DD's, we're curvy ladies, and we cruise together. Guess it's fitting, women are tempermental at times, and the cadillac definitely has an attitude, but I deal with it, because she is beautiful. She is also "Pita" sometimes, a royal pain in the ass. I guess I couldn't see a Cadillac being a guy...just doesn't fit.

29. Royalshifter

Royalshifter
    from California

I was told the car got the name from the first girl in the back seat.

30. nali

nali

My 38 coupe is Jessie , because it s got the same butt as Jessica Rabbit ...