Register now to get rid of these ads!

Ok, this is wierd...bad gas?

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by vintagesurvivor, Jun 4, 2006.

1. vintagesurvivor

vintagesurvivor
    from detroit

Ok, All those that guessed condensor, raise your hands.
    You get a free hall pass :)
    I checked out the compression, 120 PSI each cylinder.
    Replaced the wet plug.
    Replaced the CAP.
    No dice.
    Replaced the condensor, fired right up! Didn't run it long to get warm, but it was the condensor for sure.
    I am ordering a spare to keep on hand, and will re-check the DWELL just to make sure I am not overloading the condens.

Thanks for all the tips guys!
    Mark

2. Glad you found it. Fu**in' points ignitions....

Yeah, I know they're period correct, and I grew up with them, but they've discovered fire since then,and we can have our meat cooked now, too.

3. vintagesurvivor

vintagesurvivor
    from detroit

LOL, true that. But, can you limp you electronic ignition home if the box goes out? I can limp this thing home on one set of points :D

4. Douche. Oops, I meant touche....

5. El KaMiNo KiD

El KaMiNo KiD

i know this is an old thread but i dint want to open a new one...my car didnt want to start so i thought i want getting enough fuel..i changed the filter and it still didnt want to start..the engine is a 350 chevy with an HEI unit...I had a points distributor so i put that in there with new plugs,wires,coil...etc..same thing...it would only run if i kept my foot in it..so i decided to rebuild the carb...when i took it off it was full of fuel, and when i took it apart there wasn't a check ball under the jet housing...u think that could be the culprit..?..any help is appreciated..

6. Ebbsspeed

Ebbsspeed
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

You should start a new thread.

Not sure what carb you have, but I think the check ball you are referring to is part of the accelerator pump circuit, shouldn't be the cause of your problem. You either have a vacuum leak, or the idle circuits in your carb are plugged/misadjusted.

7. ECIGUY

ECIGUY

Not knowing anything about this car, is the tank vented?. Remove the gas cap and see if that solves the problem.

8. Seriously, if you want help, I think you should open a new thread as people aren't going to wade through this one to find and help on a new problem. just sayin ....