Register now to get rid of these ads!

Customs * cadillac cruisers *

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Cruiser, Sep 20, 2008.

1. Caddy-O

Caddy-O

I love it Caddy Man..... you have excellent taste in cars and color selection

2. caddy man

caddy man
    from usa

Thanks Caddy-O, I've got to say I was a little scared, because I knew going back with red would be the safe choice, but I like custom, so we went wild on color, shaved the front crest, rear v, cadillac and deville scripts, antenna mast, and the door handels, even got rid of the stock big square rear view door mirror, and replaced it with a 55 chevy stock mirror, which looks much better imo. I'll try and get some outside pics tomorrow, it looks much cooler in the sunlight, it pops.

3. 133

to be honest, it looks like shit! just torch the car! :p

just kidding. i like it.

4. DetroitDetomaso

DetroitDetomaso
    from Las Vegas

Great job Caddy Man! Very nice!

5. caddy man

caddy man
    from usa

Thanks, it's always nice to get positive feedback!!

6. MIKE P.

MIKE P.

Holy Sh!t caddy man, that is FREEKIN' SWEET!!!! Nice color, the wires look kool! Damn ! One day mine will be there ... Thanks for the inspiration! Beautiful.

7. caddy man

caddy man
    from usa

Thanks...I think it turned out nice, the color takes some getting use to, but it's what I wanted.

8. caddy man

caddy man
    from usa

Here's a couple of pics of the 68 down on the Ms. gulf coast at Cruisin the Coast.

Attached Files:

9. DetroitDetomaso

DetroitDetomaso
    from Las Vegas

Man I just love that car! Is that the Viper green?

Here is one of mine. Its Verde Ithaca, a Lamborghini color.

Attached Files:

• r8.jpg
      r8.jpg
      File size:
      114.9 KB
      Views:
    • r4.jpg
      r4.jpg
      File size:
      90.7 KB
      Views:
  10. JRO

JRO

That is one sweet caddy!! :D

11. caddy man

caddy man
    from usa

Thanks...it's the snakeskin green, I was real hesitant, but the response, I got this past weekend, I feel I definately made the right choice, it's funny though, this car needs to be in the direct sunlight, for it to look it's best, and my 50 Caddy "Nadine" needs to be in a little shade, or right about the time the sun is going down it really pops. Man that green 60 is sweet, I use to have a couple of 60 Cads, one a 2dr hardtop, and one a vert, they are sweet, probably my most favorite of all the finned Caddys, they are very classy, not overdone!!!

12. caddy man

caddy man
    from usa

Thanks man!!!

13. Here's my 62 Caddy.[​IMG]

14. Here's my 62 Caddy.

[​IMG]

15. cadillac nut

cadillac nut

chris , love the front end ... what did they come from ? likes the chop too , makes the car look longer ....

16. DetroitDetomaso

DetroitDetomaso
    from Las Vegas

Chris, do you have a profile shot?

17. Look at the headlights really close, they're grill ends, I 've gotta come clean too guys. This is my Grandfathers old original 40,000 miler with original paint. My buddy @ICK Studios has dinked with the photo's to get what you see. No profile of it as you see it, sorry man.... Easy enough car to build, but as kustom as I am I couldn't mess with my Grandpa's car, maybe your Grandpa's, but not mine! Some things are sacred.

18. 133

not diggin' tghe chop but the headlight treatment is rad!

19. 133

looks really good there.

20. hotrodkid56

hotrodkid56

so getting ready to purchase a 65 coup deville with the 429. what should i expect from the engine and tranny as far a problems go? i know this is about cool caddys but every one seems to know their stuff on here and i dont wanna start a new thread just for a pretty simple question like that. the body is perfect and the interior has just been redone im gonna make it my daily right now and then when summer rolls around buy a bike so i can take the car outta commission for a week or two and do more performance type stuff but im not real familiar with the 429 and wanna know what to expect.

21. caddy man

caddy man
    from usa

I know the 429 run thru 1967, I had a 65 convertible many years ago, I never had any problems with the motor, I'm not sure if the trans, is the turbo 400 like in my 68, I can't remember, but never had drivetrain problems with mine.

22. 133

Cad motors are really good solid motors. i never understand why people swap them out. there really isn't any performance parts for the 429 unfortunately, except for maybe headers by Sanderson. i swapped in a 500 into my '66 last year and i love it.

23. caddy man

caddy man
    from usa

133, does your 500 idle well, I know my 472 seems like sometimes it's got a timing issue, but my shop says the timing is set like it should be, sometimes when I drive it say 20 miles or so and it gets warmed up when you shut it off and try and crank it back up it wants to drag a little, but it's got a new alternator, voltage, regulator, battery, and even changed it over from points to electronic ignition, it's alot better than it use to be, but I still think the timing needs to be adjusted, or something, any ideas?

24. 133

yeah mine idles fine. i had to adjust it a couple times since putting it in. wouldn't hurt to try adjusting it. i'm not real engine savy so i'm not much help, haha.

25. caddy man

caddy man
    from usa

I finally put dual exhaust on the 68 today, I put the old style cherry bomb glass packs on it, it sounds great.

26. Philbilly

Philbilly

That's a sweet caddy! I was at Cruisin the coast. I hate I missed it.

27. caddy man

caddy man
    from usa

Thanks...you going to Panama City for Emerald coast cruizin?

28. Kenny DFW

Kenny DFW

Flat out awesome!

29. 88rocket

88rocket

These are my cadillacs 56, 66, and my 70

Attached Files:

30. troylee

troylee

This thread inspired Me to pull the trigger on this 68 rag top. I have it in my shop over the holidays getting it ready for paint for the new year. I am painting HOK branywine candy. And I sure like the wheels caddy man. I mite be posing in the future on a set of those wires also.