Register now to get rid of these ads!

1949 Ford Crash,Long Beach,Yesterday?

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Bad Bob, Oct 11, 2010.

1. Jkustom

Jkustom
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

The video wouldnt play for me, but from what you all have said, it sounds terrible. Best of luck to the injured.

2. I wish both the driver and passenger a speedy recovery. That video is scary and I don't wish an accident like that for anyone.

3. Doll Kustom

Doll Kustom

Ren. buddy... (glad to see you're flippin the camera off... true color showing through homie.... damn. i bet you're in some pain.... take care of yourself, i'll keep in contact with Diablo and Saltsy too, to make sure you're alright...)

i'm so sorry to hear about this... i'll paypal to Jen (dan's wife) to help out...

http://stores.ebay.com/KultureShockDecals-Signs?_rdc=1

the above is Jenn's Ebay store... you can surely paypal to her somehow..

shit guys.. i don't even know what to say....
    love ya man.
    xoxo D.

4. bodydropped

bodydropped
    from arizona

Sad to see this happen. Glad everyone is ok.

5. brock

brock
    from So-Cal

For those looking to help out, you can send paypal donations to Dan's wife. Also, thanks to all those who are working hard and donating their time and effort to make a fundraiser happen! Dan and Jen say thanks for all your thoughts and prayers and for being so quick to help.

Jen's PayPal

[email protected]

(if the mods see fit to 'sticky' this it would be appreciated)

6. sobpunx

sobpunx

I'm glad ren is going to be ok, I was pretty worried. I saw a wreck a while back where a young lady died and that ford was way worse off, so i was worried that he may not make it. GET WELL REN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    cheers
    mat

7. madpole

madpole

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

best wishes on a full and fast recovery.

8. Chromeandlight

Chromeandlight

Ok, here is a shot of the car from the crash that injured 2 friends Sunday night. I am not posting to sensationalize it, i am posting so you might see the damage and want to help out the passenger who was badly injured in the Crash.He has broken a lot of bones and wont be able to work for who knows how long. In the mea...n time, his wife Jen is accepting donations on paypal to help offset all this hardship. you can paypal them at [email protected]

Attached Files:

9. Chris Casny

Chris Casny

Jay, check out post #107, it will bring it home.

10. axle

axle
    from Drag City

11. Chromeandlight

Chromeandlight

Ok, here is a shot of the car from the crash that injured 2 friends Sunday night. I am not posting to sensationalize it, i am posting so you might see the damage and want to help out the passenger who was badly injured in the Crash.He has broken a lot of bones and wont be able to work for who knows how long. In the mea...n time, his wife Jen is accepting donations on paypal to help offset all this hardship. you can paypal them at [email protected]

Attached Files:

12. KK Hickey Designs

KK Hickey Designs

Just a tip, Paypal won't allow donations if they catch on to them, so if you are going to make donations under the item purchased or whatever it is you might want to put something like "shoebox repair" or "car parts" or "artwork" or something along those lines. so they don't shut her down.

13. JAWS

JAWS

Bump.

This needs to be seen.

14. plodge55aqua

plodge55aqua
    from Alberta

I just sent as a Gift.... .

15. GoBettie

GoBettie

It was hard to watch that footage, and to hear that he walked away from the car and lay down in the street. Praying he and his passenger will be okay.

16. chops5150

chops5150
    from downey

prayers go out to them and their familys ....hope they make a full recovery

17. slider's house of kustoms

slider's house of kustoms
    from idaho

Ren! dude you are one lucky s.o.b. Holly cow! musta been all that James Brown that allowed you to dodge all the nasty stuff. Hope this message reaches you Ren "Dan", been to long and to far away, but my prayers go out to you. hope you get better soon!
    JAMES BROWN! Ha....hit me!

18. Johnny  B

Johnny B

i saw that car on 91 freeway sunday night @around 10:45 pm wow

19. AstroZombie

AstroZombie

Wow, what a shame and prayers for a speedy recovery. Does anyone know the true story if alcohol was a contributing factor? Amazed and glad to hear the only life lost was the car. Will send a donation for sure once payday comes around.

20. torchmen49

torchmen49

Man, talk about lucky....lucky to be alive. So hard to watch that video clip and the following pics of the shoebox. brought back memories of a very similar wreck I was in years ago. Heres to a speedy recovery for Dave and Dan. Great to see the HAMB members coming together for support. - Dave

21. hudsonjoe49

hudsonjoe49

Wow!!! I can see that Dan and Dave have gaurdian angels. I wish them a fast and painless recovery.

22. Mr48chev

Mr48chev
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

The photo Chromeandlight posted brings home how hard that car hit the truck and how lucky they are to be alive.

As far as sending a donation to Jen.
    When you go on to paypal and hit the send money tab and the next window opens click on "personal" and that will bring up some more options. Click the "gift" or "other" spot. That way she doesn't get charged fees and all the donation goes to her for expenses.

23. mustangdug

mustangdug

Ren (Dan) was my nieghbor when he lived in Vancouver, One hell of a great guy and Jenn is a great gal! Was good to have spent time with them, Hate to see him like that but he is one onerey cuss and will bounce back im sure, he's beat worse! The Vancouver Kamakazi's will be sending out a care package VIA paypal to help out, Get well Ren!

24. Badfella

Badfella

Man they were lucky. Good wishes to both...

25. Absolution

Absolution
    from Phoenix

What a great community of people to help out when *@#% gets bad.

My prayers are with Ren and Jen.

26. krackerjack88

krackerjack88
    from Fresno,Ca

Geezus! Horrible. My thoughts are with them. Bad ass car, but it can be replaced...

27. Mr.Bomba

Mr.Bomba

Daaaaaaaamn!!! I just saw this wow! lucky to have survived that one hope both dave and his passenger recover well and soon I showed on the same row with him at the L.B. Motorama it was looking good with the new interior wow! sad to see this! thank god these fellas are still here with us!! cars are replaceable.

28. whynot?

whynot?

I have known Dan for 11+ years . . .just drove 10+ hours so I could see him for a few hours on Tues in the ICU. I am also a student RN, he is in bad shape. He is going to be in bad shape for quite awhile. He is one tough dude and more considerate of others and what is going on with them then he should be (was worried about adjusting the lights and AC in HIS hospital room because of our comfort, LOL! crazy!) . . .please, give whatever you can to help him and his wife out. I don't know the driver but I know Dan didn't deserve this (not that anyone does), and does deserve whatever help people can give him, even if it is just a few dollars. If anyone else was in this situation, he would give the shirt off his back to help them. Please, from someone with some medical knowledge, this situation is serious, even if others (including Dan and Jen) aren't acknowledging it. Whatever help you can give is needed and appreciated, and Dan is the type of person who will reciprocate just as soon as he is back on his feet, so please help get him there!

29. Roadsterpu

Roadsterpu

We just spoke to a few people from Washington who know both Dave and Dan and they said that no alcohol was involved. Dave had not been drinking. They said that Dave had been up for days replacing the transmission. The accident was caused by lack of sleep.

God speed for a quick and full recovery.

30. mart3406

mart3406
    from Canada

-------------------
    I'm glad to hear that no alcohol was involved
    For legal reasons - until everything is resolved
    - it's probably best not to speculate publicly
    about other possible causes. No sense in giving
    prosecutors and the various insurance company
    lawyers who may end up being involved
    ammunition.

Mart3406