Register now to get rid of these ads!

Projects Painted my 62 Impala today..It's finally SHINY *UPDATED PICS*

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Tony, Oct 9, 2010.

1. falcongeorge

falcongeorge
    from BC

Love the color choice, really nice.

2. Tony

Tony

Damn, thanks guy's. Much appreciated yet again.

Tomorrow i wet sand and get rid of the curtains i hung in the clear. Luckily the base went on real nice, the clear i put on heavy on my last coat because i knew i was going to have some dust in it.
    I can't wait to get it smooth and buffed..
    Here's a few more from today..the front fenders are just bolted on, not lined up etc..just didn't want anything to happen to them.
    My pup was guarding the car :)

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    Thanks again!

Tony

3. Racrdad

Racrdad

Like so many others already said, What a great color combo! Gonna be a killer ride.

4. Hot Rod Michelle

Hot Rod Michelle

I'm loving it Tony. It looks about the same color as on my six four: Azure Aqua.

Really digging the slammed stance too.

5. Sauli

Sauli

That´s quite a pace You´ve been keeping. Sorry to hear of Your huge loss, but what a beautiful way of keeping Yourself focused on positive things while dealing with the mourning! As an accomplishment by the son she raised, this sure should pay the proudest, most fitting homage to the memory of Your mother, if I may say so.
    Anyway, watching your work is quite an inspiration, I´m involved with an Impala -project of a similar extent myself, still deep in the metalwork-stage at this point yet, though. After all the messy, tedious spark-flying business, I can imagine what a "boost" it must be to see it in fresh paint with the body in one piece! Now You actually get to see the finished car take shape one (clean) piece at a time, as You work on it. Once I´m at that stage myself, I know I´ll also come to discover a lot of fresh, vacant space in the garage, not to mention every closet, shelf, drawer, under every piece of furniture etc.etc. in the house, too, LOL.
    -Sauli

6. Tony

Tony

Sauli,
    Thank you. My mom loved the color and she was one of the reasons i decided to go with the original's on it.
    It is nice to read positive feedback on a project as i'm sure most understand, but you are right, it's the personal end of it when thing's start to take shape that really matter's.
    Body work is by far not my favorite thing to do but the gratification when you are done is probably rivaled by few other accomplishments concerning our hobby..

Thanks everyone.

Tony

7. Tony

Tony

finished wet sanding and rubbed the drivers side..only have the rest of the car to go...ugh.lol

again thought i would share. sorry for the shit quality. they are from my phone camera and kind of dark. It's actually not the best color to take pics of at all.
    Tony.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

8. joey tee

joey tee

looks good man ...

9. HOTRODKID91

HOTRODKID91

car looks absoultly killer!!!!

10. thunderbirdesq

thunderbirdesq

Dang, Tony, that looks fantastic!!! VERY nice work!

11. robertsregal

robertsregal

WOW!!! I have to tell you Tony I'm impressed with the paint job, and yes a Awesome color combo. I have a question , what did you use to ventilate you shop wile painting? Got our own project to paint in garage and looking for ideas?
    Thanks
    Rob

12. kustombuilder

kustombuilder
    from Novi, MI

Last edited: Oct 17, 2010
  13. Tony

Tony

Thanks Rob...well, i did not use anything for ventilation. Not exactly the smartest thing 'cause when i shot the clear it got pretty cloudy, but, i had the garage door open at least half way the whole time so that helped some.
    It's hard for me to say what to use for ventilation honestly. A couple of simple fan may work BUT they do not have a sealed motor so whatever fumes they draw out and going past sparks ( brushes). Although i will admit we have used them before with no issues, i would be very careful.

Kustombuilder, Thanks!! Now, will you please let me know when you want to come get those 5 windows?!?!?!?! We can make a nice sweat deal :)

Tony

14. Man that thing has a shine to it, what the heck dude. Is that the car that steering wheel came off of that I bought from you ? If it is, NO you can't have it back....lol

15. kustombuilder

kustombuilder
    from Novi, MI

You take payments? :D

16. Tony

Tony

Naa, that wheel came from my wall and i don't want it back! haha:)

Mike, we can work something out for one :D:D
    I'm motivated!

17. Great job Tony, love the stance

18. noboD

noboD

Nice work Tony, '62-'62 are my favorite years of Chevys.

19. Tony

Tony

Thanks! I dig being able to adjust the stance when i want. Never had a car with bags before.

Thanks again guys, mighty nice of ya'll.
    Tony