Register now to get rid of these ads!

relocated to dayton area and still alive

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by HOT ROD DAVE, Oct 11, 2010.

1. HOT ROD DAVE

HOT ROD DAVE

its been awhile since i have been on the forums and i figured now is a good time to start coming back and visiting, i have finally made the move to the dayton ohio area and have internet access again, i am going to take this week as a vacation and go exploring this area and see the sites, i know the air force museum is right up the road and all, but is their somewhere i can see cars, is their any cruise nights out this way or anything close to resembeling this.......???????

I will still be coming back to michigan from time to time, especially for auto rama and to visit close friends around the detroit area, and also to get some of them great tasting cookies.......

but if theirs anything car related to do down in this area please let me know, i am also gonna be exploring the kentucky area, being only less then a hour away, for a new project..........hopefully i can find one hidden in the back woods somewhere.......lol

2. theHIGHLANDER

theHIGHLANDER
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

America's Packard Museum on Ludlow. Lots to see, open every day. You won't be disappointed. It's more than cars. Liberty engines, PT boat and Packard/Merlins, memorabilia and old dealer stuff too. Was the "Citzens Motorcar Company", a Packard Dealership built in 1917. There's more but that's a good start.

3. Von Rigg Fink

Von Rigg Fink
    from Garage

Hey Dave, Hope the move turns out to be a good one for you.
    good luck on the tin hunt.

4. vert1940

vert1940

hi dave,welcome to dayton....friday night as long as the weather holds out.exit 10 on I-675..west on indian ripple rd one block.k-mart on the right.easily 400-600 cars on nice nights.i think you will be amazed at how central this location is....columbus-1 hr..cincy-one hour...indy-1 1/2 hrs...louisville-2 1/2 hrs...nashville.4-hrs...knoxville 5-hrs....notice i don't mention that land up north,but we go there too...very much to do in the summer,kind of dead in winter

5. HOT ROD DAVE

HOT ROD DAVE

i am around woodman and patterson area

i have a young lady that is much of a gear head as i am, but she works alot and goes to school, talk about burning the candel at both ends.........lol

i went by the kmart on sat and someone told me bout it but couldnt give me more then their was alot of cars here........duh....................

i will make it out their this week though, havnt been to see any cars this year yet.............

IM HAVING WITHDRAWLS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    I NEED TO SEE CARS, TRADITIONAL HOT RODS!!!!

but yep i will be their

Last edited: Oct 11, 2010
  6. at the momment everything is starting to die down theres alot happening through the summer months

weekend of nov 16 is the fall springfield swap meet not as good as the other two they have but its something to do

welcome to ohio

whats this mistagian erm michygan oh its mitchelgan?????? that you speak of J/k :D

7. HOT ROD DAVE

HOT ROD DAVE

thanks for the heads up on the springfield swap, gonna have to get searching google in this area for other events as well, but fellow HAMBers seem to know where everything is going on

and i want to say thanks for the info guys

8. scrap metal 48

scrap metal 48

Welcome to Dayton..Actually a pretty good car town.....

9. junkyardjeff

junkyardjeff

I am in the Woodman/Linden area.

10. Danimal

Danimal
    1. A-D Truckers

Join the Ohio Social Group. They tend to type slow but they aren't so bad. Hook up with Vance if you get a chance and tell him I said hey. Blacktopbandit is KO, too.

FYI. Welcome to Sinus Valley. I lived there for 3 years and apologized to my wife nearly every day. Thank God we got back to Michigan State.

11. butch27

butch27

O.K. MARK: Don't mention that land up north but we are still running up here 3 or 4 nights a week. Oh; the weather has been great for us bucket guys.LOL

12. junkyardjeff

junkyardjeff

If you are not doing anything tomorrow I will be out in the garage after work,if you see a white 65 Ford custom 55 4 door running around its me and thats my warmer weather daily driver.

13. Freeman1938

Freeman1938

Welcome to Ohio Dave, another good car show is the Pumpkin Run down near Cinncinatti. They held it two weeks ago. 2500-3000 showed up plus swap meet. Fred

14. sk_rodz

sk_rodz

15. TREE

TREE
    from Piqua,OH

hey Dave,

If you don't mind a 1/2 drive, your welcome in Piqua...I have the coupe up on jack stands ready for some updates, we could take a cruise in the daily PU, or whatever...and there's always beer in the fridge.

Phil