Register now to get rid of these ads!

Event Coverage Things I Found In My Car At The Pileup And On The Floor in Cerro Gordo

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by monsterflake, Oct 11, 2010.

1. DeuceDog

DeuceDog
    from Breese, IL

It was nice meeting you Steve. Next time you have a group over to get some things done on you car please let me know.
    DD

2. LANCE-SPEED

LANCE-SPEED

Black shirts make my butt look fat!

3. iammarvin

iammarvin
    BANNED
    from Tulare, Ca

Will Lindsey be at slut...er....slumfest????

4. weez

weez

Good hanging out with you Steve, fun evening! The guy spreading the flyers out was a work of art. Or a piece of work, or something...

5. WildWilly68

WildWilly68

We don't call it Clin-tucky for nothin' :D

6. monsterflake

monsterflake

fox says we needed name tags at aaron's, there were just too many super stars to keep track of. i'm thrilled to have met you guys, it was like having a backstage pass at a grim reaper show...

7. Ranunculous

Ranunculous

I like how she's smiling right at me....
    What is this thread about?

8. falcongeorge

falcongeorge
    from BC

or all you can eat smorgasbroad...

9. monsterflake

monsterflake

this thread is about the pileup, let's try to stay on topic

[​IMG]

10. 37Nash

37Nash
    from East coast

Muttley.............

11. Plowboy

Plowboy

I thought this thread was about Slumfest. I did a little research, Slumfest is the fall party out at "The Dude's" place outside of Lexington, IL. Not to be confused with "Dudestock" the summer party out at his place. A little google search and now you know that it will be the place to be because the Dude is awesome. I buy my shrubberies for my yard from him. He also likes to sing with 2 Budweisers and a cigarette in his hands.

http://www.myspace.com/demolitionderby

Attached Files:

Last edited: Oct 12, 2010
  12. monsterflake

monsterflake

sorry about that!

on an actual pileup related note, we did get there fairly late, around 10:30, just as the line emptied out. i think i confused some red-shirts with my catalina, there was some questions about what year it was, what my wheels were and whatnot. i never did get a sticker, but i got in the gate...

13. Francisco Plumbero

Francisco Plumbero
    from il.

I can't stand Lindsey, but I like her 2 freckled distractors up front, I wonder if she practiced that jiggle in the mirror for hours to get them to jump just right.

14. KIRK!

KIRK!

I heard he ate three babies in one sitting! They were only a couple months old, but sill...three babies?!?!?!

Also, he made Chuck Norris cry, just by thinking about him.

15. flatheadpete

flatheadpete
    from Burton, MI

Me too....Gotta get back to watchin' now.

16. I knew it was a Rat Rod show.

Attached Files:

17. stude_trucks

stude_trucks

I only wear flat black T-shirts.

18. Hellfish

Hellfish

FWIW, we sold white shirts one year and hardly anyone bought them.

19. flatheadpete

flatheadpete
    from Burton, MI

Katy Perry sure has pretty eyes.

20. Russco

Russco
    from Central IL

Steve it was good to see you again even though I didnt get to talk to you that much (you were surrounded by rock stars everytime I went in the garage) well once it was just Bill but he scares me.... anyhow it was good to see you driving the Poncho

I also tried talking to "the Dude" after their show but he just grunted

21. Malcolm

Malcolm
    from Nebraska

Good stuff, Steve :D

Somehow I missed ya at the show.... which sucks.

Malcolm

22. I was there. It was fun. I did not know you collected dead cats, very creepy. Fun party though. Thanks again!

23. monsterflake

monsterflake

i like long sleeve black shirts, but that's for winter wear, short sleeve black t-shirts in the sunshine are not fun, unless you're this guy...

[​IMG]

24. Monster Flake, you are the feral test tube love child of William S. Burrows and Florence Henderson. And it was a pleasure to finally meet you.

25. If I were a rat rodder, I would rat-rod my rat rod right up next to the other rat rodders and say, "hey man, how's the rat-rodding?" Of course we would both know how the rat-rodding was, because we would already be in our rat rods. But it would be like a bond between us rat rodders.

26. Why does it not surprise me you know him!?:eek:

Man, that line does NOT get old. :D

27. KING CHASSIS

KING CHASSIS

I had a great time at the Pile Up. Was my first time there. Went up with Monsterflake, Sparky, Bill and Johnny Wishbone. Monsterflakes Poncho did just perfect up and back. He was on cloud 9 or whatever. Was good to see him drive into a show.

Some notes from the Pile Up

- Was some nice lookin gals in attendance. Was not the sausagefest that Monsterflake hoped it would be. ha,ha. Maybe next year buddy.

- Got to meet Coby from Church. Great guy and puts out a nice book.

- Got to meet Weezner ( I was the drunk bald haired guy in the garage) I think the Tiger tattoo scared Monsterflake. So Im gettin one this week.

- Plowboy loves plants and scrap metal welded together. Not plants welded to scrap metal, but scrap metal welded to scrap metal. Then he also likes plants. Nice place.

- Got to see all the Low Boys from Illinois. Now there is a party right there.

- Oh Johnny Sparkle too. It was good to see you , even if you didnt have your girlfriend with you.

- And one thing we found out quick was " The Red Shirt Army" DOES NOT like it when you pop wheelies in a altered wheel base Studebaker in their show!!!! Damn you Bill !!!

- And on a final note Johnny Wishbone can ride his bicycle with no handle bars.

!!!!!!!!!!!!! MONSTERFLAKE HATES BLACK SHIRTS !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

28. monsterflake

monsterflake

there's nothing but a broken am radio in the big cat and no cigarette lighter, so with just the sweet howl of the chambered exhaust to accompany me, i had Canned Heat's "On The Road Again" running on an endless loop in my head. i can't remember lyrics for shit, so it was mostly "on the road again, hmm hmm hmm hmmm, i'm on the road again, hmm hmm hmm hmmm..."

i would have busted that out loud for sparky, but i don't think he would have known what the hell i was singing.

then johnny wishbone fucked us up for the rest of the weekend, by constantly reminding us that he can (allegedly) "ride a bike with no handlebars". i checked the lyrics to that song, and found this little slice of serendipity...

"Look at me Look at me
    Driving and I won't stop
    And it feels so good to be alive and on top

My reach is global
    My tower secure
    My cause is noble
    My power is pure"

fucking karma.
    it does feel good to be alive, my reach (thanks to the hamb) is indeed global, and my power is pure pontiac.

thanks guys, it was a great weekend...

29. Nick32vic

Nick32vic

I showed my girlfriend this pic of him and Bob K and she goes "Ooooooooh, Mr. Church is quite the hottie"
    [​IMG]

I think Coby and Keith Weesner think im the dumbest person on earth. All I remember is strutting around talking to them about hot dogs and mustard between my finger. WTF? In fact, I even think im the dumbest person on earth. haha

A 60's chevy wagon windshield is no match for Johnny Sparkles "Ch'i" I came to that conclusion because he claims it wasn't his head that broke it.
    [​IMG]

I know I wasn't as pivotal as others in getting you there, but regardless...... <3 XOXOXOXOXOXOXOXOXO <3

And for my favorite pictures of the weekend...........Steve driving his car through Progress City with a huge fucking smile on his face. :)

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

30. monsterflake

monsterflake

man, i sure look cool! i think we should try a CLR bath and see what it looks like underneath that rust...