Register now to get rid of these ads!

Projects Price so good that you feel guilty?

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Mr.Dickies, Oct 10, 2010.

1. happy hoppy

happy hoppy

a friend picked up a clean, real 32 grill shell 2 years ago for $10.00 at a swap meet.
    when he told me I didn't believe him and I asked the seller if it was true, the seller knew what it was but he liked the kid and gave him a deal.

2. Why should you feel guilty.The seller got what he asked so he's happy, your happy with what you paid.....end of story.

3. HRod 50

HRod 50

I have the greatest interior guy in East Los Angeles, that I feel terrible about paying him what has asks because it is so cheap. I would post his info but because it's so cheap I want to make sure it's quality work before I send any of you folks to him..

Some of you guy saying it's not your fault, taking advantage of somene who you know is selling something way too cheap are probably the same guys who refinance people about to lose their homes, because they couldnt pay their mortgage. You refi them at a higher interest rate you know they wont be able to pay in 6 months.. You guys are the reason for this recession.. Karma is a bitch..

4. I started last week looking for a 170 block slant six to use in my dragster. Last sat after I made a couple of passes at the track and fellow I know came up to me and asked did I remember building a 170 street engine for his sons 62 valiant 2 dr. I did. He went on to say his son had sold the car but kept the motor. He had now no interest in the hobby. He asked could i use the engine. I told him i could but I didnt have a lot of gold to spend right now. It free he said, If you can use it. So i got paid to build it and I get it back free. It has 060 over pistons , I bored it in house then as I still had my automotive machine shop here. I had planed .080" from thr head, installed bigger vvalves and did a mild port on it too. It has a street grind perfomance cam as well and all is new. It has never even been started. He also gave e a manifold I had machined to take a Rochester Two barrel on and the hand machined adapter has my name stamped on it from many years ago.So I got paid to build it and now have it back for free. I am glad I put the good stuff in it and gave it my best! I picked it up at his place this morning.
    Don

5. Fancy Pants

Fancy Pants
    BANNED

I have hired my attorney to buy my cars for me. He seems to get a better price and he doesn't feel guilty at all. You guys should try that.

6. You gave Him what He felt the Car was worth, He doesn't feel that You beat Him, You did everything as He asked, He probably is glad it went to such a nice Guy, Don't feel bad, He doesn't !

7. Hardy Harr Harr !!! >>>>.

8. LtTman

LtTman
    from Kentucky

A good deal is a state of mind... You were happy with what you paid and he was happy with the price he sold it for.. That is a good deal all the way around..I deal with cars and ppl everyday. Sometimes we make more than others sometimes we lose money .. But if we make the deal and the customer is happy its a good deal for everyone.. Thing is he knows your not selling it.. And as most of us know these days that means alot. As I'm sure several ppl on here have sold some cars we shoulda kept.. I sure miss a few of mine ...

9. BEAR

BEAR

i got a 60ty ford f100 for $400 and felt bad for about a day then traded it off for my 56 olds that i feel bad about b/c i really came up on it

10. Bert Kollar

Bert Kollar

'MATURITY IS REACHED THE DAY YOU NO LONGER FEEL GUILTY ABOUT ANYTHING" Dr Sonja Freidman

11. Zombie Duck

Zombie Duck

Price so good I felt guilty.... Until I took it home and started going over everything that was wrong with it. :mad: I wondered why the guy I bought it off of sold it to me at a loss. :p

12. rogmoseley

rogmoseley

You did get a super deal,,, took my drivers test in a '51, in 59,,, am i old or what. Bought a 60 imperial [392 hemi] in '65 for $30 in '65 cause it wouldn't run the guy said. Cracked both points open, gas and battery and drove it home.i didn't feel toooo bad, as i let him price it. Put it in a 30 a pickup.

13. touchdowntodd

touchdowntodd

if the seller is selling WAY too cheap, i just make a point of not talking em down..

14. povertyflats

povertyflats
    from Missouri

Man, we need to hook you up to one of those lie detector machines! All I ever get from you is "I'll give you all the money in my pocket" --- " I'll trade you my secret stash of unknown crankshafts but I don't know how many there are or what they fit" and etc...... What I wouldn't give to hear the words "I'll take it for full asking price" from the old Engine Pro. :D

15. WTFHemi

WTFHemi
    from Austin

The art of the deal is when both parties walk away feeling like they won. sounds like you both feel that way...good deal all the way around..

16. I believe I offered to make a purchase from you if you would split up the package !!! You backed up faster than a Lousiana Craw-Dad !!! And refused to split the deal up !!! And tell me how that deal got sold ?? As a whole or as a split ??? And I politely backed away with "All of the Money in my Pocket" !!! >>>>.

17. 8-door

8-door
    from Antioch Ca

I bought my van from the original owners in April 2008, $700.00, they were happy cause they new it was going to a good home. I was happy cause I knew how rare it was and how lucky I was to find it.

The night I bought it
    [​IMG]

Billetproof sep, 2010
    [​IMG]

18. No_Respect

No_Respect
    from So-Cal

I once felt guilty of buying a car! I was living in the Fresno area and was in LA looking at a model A coupe body and I heard from a friend of a friend of a good 55 olds that was in the neighbors back yard. Went knocking on the house and met an older man. Found out the guy said it was his brothers and has passed many years before he told me i could have it for free!!!! I felt a little guilty because it was a rust free and strait 55 4 door hardtop that was complete minus bumpers but he said it was worthless so he did not want to take a dime for it! when i got her home I tried to get a title for the old car but when I ran the vin I found out it was stolen in the late 70's!!!!!!! Yep felt guilty for having stolen property in my hands because I hate Thieves!!!!!

19. theHIGHLANDER

theHIGHLANDER
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

I scored a 34 Packard engine oil cooler and lines for a very small sum. I could ebay it and make 5 times what I paid. The lines were worth twice what I paid. I need them for the 34 Packard I put a deposit on thats also such a good deal I can't afford not to buy it. Guilty? Guilty of being in the right place at the right time maybe.

20. Pitbullgoingpostal

Pitbullgoingpostal

That was a little harsh... WTF?!