Register now to get rid of these ads!

California hot rodders, please read!

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by PonchoJohn, Oct 5, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. PonchoJohn

PonchoJohn
    from Fresno, Ca

2. KJSR

KJSR
    from Utah
    1. Utah HAMBers

You Cali guys have to fight it......

3. big creep

big creep

thanks! ill be voting for sure!

4. 4woody

4woody

I've always avoided politics on this board but...

That campaign is backed by the Koch brothers-- billionaires from out of state who seek only to line their own pockets.

Look behind the headlines.

5. big creep

big creep

6. Von Rigg Fink

Von Rigg Fink
    from Garage

I love how some are so blind thinking this will never affect them..Just because it has some P words involved, doesnt make it less of a threat, if anything, its bringing it to us all..and just because its not your state doesnt mean yours wont be next..

plugging your ears and going bla bla bla is exactly what they want you to do

Last edited: Oct 5, 2010
  7. KJSR

KJSR
    from Utah
    1. Utah HAMBers

Why not just be quiet and not post? Von Fink is right.....California leads the way for the rest of the country with it's over the edge laws.

8. AG F/C

AG F/C

I'll be voting!!

Tks.

9. I've been watching. It's not just Hotrodders this effects, it's very bad for farmers and the truckers that haul the food to market not to mention us guys that keep the equipment going. Any of you guys that eats something from our state will pay more in the future or it may not even be there.

10. Von Rigg Fink

Von Rigg Fink
    from Garage

dont let that rock your hiding under...crush you

theres a shit load of foolish crap going on..stay on top of the crap pile or become part of it

11. LANCE-SPEED

LANCE-SPEED

The title alone didnt sound inviting, what did you think??? Plus your not in California??

12. AJofHollywood

AJofHollywood

I'll be voting YES on 23. AB32 would allow unelected bureaucrats to enact pollution laws just because... well, just because they want to! This could impact small businesses, rural farmers, the car hobby, and lowest-income people the hardest if they decide to tighten the belt on smog laws any further.

13. djust

djust
    from Oklahoma

Better pay attention the world is changing around you whether you want it to or not.

14. RustyNCA

RustyNCA

You are so correct. I think it actually hits the farmers, truckers and equipment operators harder than us Hotrodders. And it hits home with mostly the small operators who are finding that their 6 year old Peterbilt or Cat is going to be illegal in California unless they invest, in some cases more than the equipment is worth, for "smog upgrades". I would say 100% of my clients in business that Prop 32 hits home on are very worried about it. A number have already said they will run/work till it goes into effect and till they get hounded, at that point they are planing to either junk/sell their stuff out of state and quit or move out of state.

So those of you outside of California, one thing I can see it doing in your state.... lowering the value of older farm, large equipment and semis.

But I have heard that Kenworth, Pete, etc. are not to down on it....

15. Ya political stuff sucks i hate voting but bet your ass ill vote YES for Prop 23...They already stopped the smog rule in 1975 and now you have to smog ALL DIESELS 1997 and newer...Its getting out of hand .We CAN help stop it!!!!!!

Last edited: Oct 5, 2010
  16. PonchoJohn

PonchoJohn
    from Fresno, Ca

I did not put any spins, views, slants, etc. on this. I simply told Californians that this is some info you might want to read to inform YOURSELF, so you may make a decision... before it's made for YOU!
    I do not intend to turn this into a political $hitstorm, just trying to keep my fellow statesman in the loop.
    Good day, sir!

17. big creep

big creep

i think this will really kill truckers the most. new trucks come equipped with particular filters and burners to burn up used diesel, this is so no black smoke comes out the pipes! all truckers that ride older trucks will have to spend a small fortune to bring their trucks to compliance, that will put most truckers out of business!

Im all for cleaner air! but not if it puts people out of work! especially farmers and truckers! 90% of what we buy is brought to us by trucks! yes smog is bad! but we need to come up with a better solution, shit if we could put a man on the moon we should be able to motors that run clean! and cheap!

18. scrubba

scrubba

Yet another reason I left the state of California and the city of Los Angles .......... You want me to return to WHAT ???????????? scrubba

19. big creep

big creep

great i see this thread closing for sure.

20. Special Ed

Special Ed

I don't think anyone has actually ever asked you to return.....:)

21. turdytoo

turdytoo

Everybody needs to pay attention.

22. Beef Stew

Beef Stew
    from So Cal

I'm not taking one side or the other but you guys should read this: http://www.arb.ca.gov/cc/scopingplan/sp_measures_implementation_timeline.pdf

It's the time line for the scoping plan for AB 32. I actually took the time to look at each item that might possibly affect me and, well... there isn't much that would seem to affect me. Before you answer "but what about the poor truckers or farmers??" you should actually take the time to read what it says and not just fall inline with some one sided propaganda machine.

I'll let you all be the judge.

23. gimpyshotrods

gimpyshotrods
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

It is always a good idea to know what the motivations of the supporters of any particular issue might be, and what other issues, programs and groups they might be supporting.

Get educated. Stay up-to-date. Keep active. Vote.

Like Ben Franklin said: "We must hang together, gentlemen...else, we shall most assuredly hang separately."

24. big creep

big creep

yes, you're right.

25. 39cent

39cent
    from socal

does anybody remember the old tale of 'How to Boil a Frog'?

26. banditomerc

banditomerc

California car guys, spread the word to everyone you come in contact with,YES ON 23!Take the time to do it!Or you will regret in so many ways.

27. This "poor trucker" would appreciate the extra time before I have to spend $20,000 for a diesel particulate filter retrofit. This economy is not really roaring right now as coin comes a little harder these days. To keep this HAMB friendly and on topic, I'll put it this way; Man, 20 grand would be sweet to put into my 29 coupe. I'm keeping it a banger to reduce emissions ;)
    Peace.

28. calorchard

calorchard

~ Bad officials are elected by good citizens who do not vote. ~

I am voting.

29. HRod 50

HRod 50

I rarely vote but I'm voting now...

30. poweredbylincoln

poweredbylincoln
    BANNED

Yes on 23!!!! Please keep this at the top