Register now to get rid of these ads!

Event Coverage Hunnert 2010-Thanks to the Czars

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by dimebag, Oct 11, 2010.

1. dimebag

dimebag
    from Joliet, il

I have been reading different posts about the Hunnert and the bitching and whining some folks have been doing...What the hell?? This was my second Pile-Up and my Dad's 1st, and we are already talking about going next year!! The only complaint would be to mother nature for the almost 90 degree weather and lack of shade. The folks from Decatur and the surrounding towns were terriffic and very welcoming, and everybody we met at the show was awesome!! I just wanted to take a second or two and say THANKS to all the Czar's for the hard work, this is a huge undertaking done by only a few people that have lives of their own and families that demand their time too!!! I can't understand all the bitching and moaning, yes not everybody will be happy all the time-but for a show of this size and the way it keeps growing things will slip through the cracks, and cars that could have gotten in may not have. But some people are unrealistic, have expectations that can never be met and will never be happy....oh well I gotta get off my soap box here!! Anyhow just wanted to say Thanks to all, and for the folks I got a chance to meet up with-it was good to put faces with names, and sorry if I missed you-but there is always next year!!

2. voodoochili

voodoochili

I also would like to thank the Czars and Catherine!! When I first arrived I thought it was a cluster f#%k, hotter than hell, no one around. ( I was little hung over also ). Then as the day went on I got to thinking about it from the beginning. Sycamore then Morris and now Decatur. I have been to all 3 places...we always long for what was. This show has grown beyond anyones belief and the Czars have done a hell of a job to keep this going. We should all step back and look at this and say WOW!!! AGAIN, THANK YOU!!!

3. DeVille Gal

DeVille Gal

My thanks too, this was our first Pile-up and we will be back.

As mentioned above the Czars and Catherine do an outstanding job, we had a great time and our plans are to be back next year.

4. Deadbird

Deadbird

Agreed! I never made it to Sycamore, but attended every year in Morris. If the Pileup had to grow (looks like it did) then Morris just wasn't going to cut it anymore. All in all, this year rocked as far as I'm concerned. Just wish I could have seen more of the show and met more people. But that's my own fault for lallygagging. Looking forward for the 10 year anniversary next year. Great job Czars and Catherine!

5. lowpunk

lowpunk
    from berwyn, il

Man, Thank you for the thanks. Thank you guys for coming out and making the show what it is. The show really couldn't happen without the Red Shirt Army and everyone that comes out. We are all exhausted and will probably comment a bit more in the coming days when we're able to make more coherent remarks. All that i can say about the last few days is THANK YOU to everyone that came out, the Red Shirt Army, Ryan and the HAMB, my fellow Czars and especially Catherine!

6. kustombuilder

kustombuilder
    from Novi, MI

GREAT job to Catherine and the Czars indeed!!! i've been to all 9 editions of the Pile Up and volunteered at the past 4 or 5. i'm ALWAYS impressed at just how well prepared and organized these folks are. sure there is always room for improvement, but no one died (no one did die, did they?:eek:). i sure as hell know i couldn't pull something like this together. put it all in perspective and it's really quite amazing!

...i can't wait for #10. it should be legendary!!! :D

7. CraigKrage

CraigKrage
    from central IL

Awsome job on the show and thank you to all who put it on. You all deserve a huge beer and an Asian Midget Hooker.
    Some people have a thing called "ME" and it gives them the idea that everything should revolve around them. So what your car didnt "get in" I looked at kickass cars everywhere and enjoyed them. I even got to laugh at some cars that made me throw up a little [ 3 wheeled Cougar] If your main concern is "getting in" dont go. Go to Hardees for their weekend cruise in and keep collecting your free small fry coupon and locally sposered blue ribbon. Shoulda roped off an area for the cry babies, let them park in it and call it the most awsomest car show area and gave them all huge ass bowling trophies with gold painted Hot Wheels on them.
    I drank beer, hung out with awsome car guys and got to drive my buddy RUSSCO's bad ass truck (for sale). I watched burnouts, listened to GREAT bands and even almost got punched by a clown and I'm still smiling. :)

8. Da Tinman

Da Tinman

Hey I almost got punched too, at least you deserved it.

The Show was a blast and cant wait for next year. Maybe I'll get some sleep the night before and then it will be perfect!

9. mlbeil

mlbeil
    from Arnold, MO

Totally agree, the show had some hick ups but, overall AWESOME as usual !!! This was my third show (been to the last two in Morris) and I enjoyed it as much as any of the others. I think that a lot of people get tied up in things other the the Cars, People, and activites that surround the show. The show is the reason we get together but, it is the relationships and the journey that make it all worth while. Keep on knocking it out CZARS !! Hopefully those that have complaints, in lieu of constructive critacism, will some day realize the effort it takes to organize and put something like this on. THANKS AGAIN

10. dimebag

dimebag
    from Joliet, il

I forgot to mention that both me and my Dad were part of the Red Shirt Army, we were taking $$$ from the pedestrians, not a bad gig-at least we were in the shade!! And yes we will be volunteering next year!!

11. DeuceDog

DeuceDog
    from Breese, IL

Great job guys...I had a good time, love the location. You all deserve a "Well Done"
    DD

12. magnet

magnet

Thanks fellas. It was a good time :)

13. WildWilly68

WildWilly68

Some guys would bitch about a free blow job....screw 'em...the PileUp rocks!