Register now to get rid of these ads!

Hunnert Car Pileup 2010

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Hellfish, Oct 5, 2010.

1. travisfromkansas

travisfromkansas

Last edited: Oct 10, 2010
  2. fab32

fab32
    Member Emeritus

Some last minute drama kept me from going this year. Sounds like I misssed a good one with the new venue. Already planning what I'm bringing next year but if I don't get it done it will be the old reliable '32 2dr.

Frank

3. Deadbird

Deadbird

I can understand some folks missing the Morris venue. I attended every Pile Up at Morris. The first two there were fantastic. The last two, not so much. Sure seemed like there were nearly as many people in Progress City as they had in Morris the past few years. The big difference was that we weren't stepping on each other. The quality of cars was way up in my opinion. The Czars really came through this year. I'm sure they'll tweak a few things and make it even better next year. Looking forward to being in the Red Shirt Army again next year.

4. Old Rod

Old Rod
    from Brazil, IN

Had a great time. There are pros and cons with any venue and
    some are bound to get there feelings hurt! IMO having worked
    with the Newport Hill Climb for many years the idea of pre-checking
    before arrival at the final checkpont would speed the process
    a lot. Also as some have suggested a pre-registration with stickers
    pre-issued would be good. Even though wouldn't work for
    all entrants any number would help. Assuming I am still able, would
    be glad to volunteer in this regard for 2011. Thanks Czars, I know
    this is a lot of work and planning. Bob

5. ALHOODIE

ALHOODIE
    from arab,al

drove from alabama had agreat time will come back next year and bring all my buddies,some people bash event because they didn't get in hey looks like great car show in parking lot looks like way to make all happy

6. I want to thank the RedShirt Army - by far *the* most successful volunteer year yet. We didn't have as many sign ups as some other years, but almost everyone showed up! Seriously, we normally have about a 30% no show rate, especially for the afternoon shifts. This year, we only had about 5 people not show up, and 3 of which emailed/texted/called me. Ended up with about 178 volunteers total.

That alone made a huge difference!

All of the Army members were on it like an Easter bonnet. You guys were all so nice, warm, welcoming, smart, and efficient. Awesome combo. We had a nice mix of seasoned veterans and some newbies, so there was definitely some mentoring going on, which is super helpful.

Hope you guys made some new friends along the way. I know I did.

Thanks again.

7. R Frederick

R Frederick
    from illinois

I noticed the quality of the cars were noticably better this year!! I was really pleased that the members of the Red Shirt Army were considerate to who was together. We had a crew of 5 cars, and they were very good about letting us in together and park together. The swap meet was Top Notch, plenty of vintage goodies. Vendors were great too, everyone stuck to the theme and offered all kinds of neat vintage goodies.
    I'll bring my own shade next time, but who would have thought it would be 85 and crystal clear out in October here. Excellent time!!!

8. thanks to you Catherine! My friend and I worked the car show gate 1 to 3pm, figured nothing would be happening so we brought a well-stocked cooler. Dang didn't have time to open it people coming and going constantly. Had a few cars but tons of paying spectators kept stepping up. Got to chat with you a bit in Josh's golf cart...will see you at the volunteer's party in November.

9. breeder

breeder
    Member Emeritus

http://www.wics.com/newsroom/top_stories/videos/wics_vid_2910.shtml
    mikes hat is awesome! i hear reeds is a killer place to eat!!! :p
    it was 92 at 3pm...hot hot hot! plenty of room there for mini bike drags if you wanna contact me guys! ill bring the lights!!!! :) great seein you all again! the main thing i would work on is asking clinton if they would move there town closer to progress city!!! that would be great!!!!LOL

10. sololobo

sololobo

How nice to hear these positive comments about the new location. I wasn't able to attend but Omaha sent some of its finest, Malcolm, Hot-rod roadster, and Rob and Robbie Lee. Nice comment about critisisim from someone who has never put on more than a pair of pants!! Czars and its Red Shirt Army rule. ~Sololobo~

11. billbrown

billbrown
    BANNED

I loved the Jap Bikes. I didnt fall down once. Mel yelled at me, Grote fed me and I met Weezner who is cooler than you. I got sun burnt, cruised the hood in an open headered model a, drove the shit out of a 56 drop top chevy, and hugged a black guy. It was a good weekend.......and even though the one bartender was shit ugly, we still made out.....because i have no standards.

12. TudorJeff

TudorJeff

Best Pileup Post Ever!

13. CraigKrage

CraigKrage
    from central IL

You tossed the black guys salad from what I heard. :eek:

14. DeVille Gal

DeVille Gal

Great meeting you Gary,,,,your car is beautiful.

[​IMG]

15. Harry Bergeron

Harry Bergeron
    from SoCal

16. BTB-Derby

BTB-Derby

Like everybody says, no matter what you do you can't please everyone. I thought on a whole with the new site in mind that things went well. It will go better next year, because everybody will be more familiar with the grounds.

The site for the Pre, & post party rocked!

Hats off to the Czars & DW:cool::cool:

17. luckys8ba

luckys8ba

YES,in a weird way he did!

18. Had a blast. Well ran event!

19. billbrown

billbrown
    BANNED

It doesnt count if I was passed out in the bar.

20. It's a bummer that the grounds didn't have the cool vibe of Grundy but what are you going to do? Success and traffic congestion forced the move. The downtown square was definitely a cool place to hang out. It would be great if the town would let live music play outside in the square like the Red Cent. Coming into the show it looked like the spectator traffic problems of the past were well taken care of. The show car lane could have moved faster but I'm sure that will get tweaked in the future and solved as well. Vendors were good and the swap not bad.The food though not as bountiful as the Vagabonds "Meet with Meet" was also very good :) If I could add my two cents it would be to have some good music piped in before and after the live bands. It would set a good tone and stop people from saying it felt like a Goodguys show. And of course a big beer tent with tables where we could kick back, have a cold one and point at cars that shouldn't be there :) All in all I had a great time and enjoyed seeing some new stuff that wouldn't have been at Grundy.Thanks guys for going through all the effort to put on a great show.

21. dontlifttoshift

dontlifttoshift

Clinton is awesome! maybe even cooler than the show. i didn't see it saturday night but if it was anything like Friday, it kicked ass.

train horns are gay, ghey, and stupid!

I think there should be a "reject" lot as someone else put it in another thread. It would help eliminate the hard feelings, I think, and would effectively double the show. More people would drive their OT cars if they had a spot to put them. I am not saying it would be easy but if anyone can figure it out you guys can.

All in all another great show and a very good transition to a new venue. Maybe next year it will be more Octoberish, it was weird to be at the pile up in shorts and a tee instead of layers:)

22. ...looks like another great Pileup is in the history books, sorry I didn't make
    it this year after making all of the previous ones.
    ...I want to thank the HAMB for giving everyone who attended a place to post comments and pictures for all of us who couldn't make it to the show.

23. gonmad

gonmad

lmao!!! Awesome!!:d

24. Church

Church
    from South Bay

Loved it. Just got home. Made it out from California and it was well worth it. Thank you, thank you, thank you Chrome Czars....and their helpers.

25. yngrodder

yngrodder

I yelled at you?

26. donnymopar

donnymopar
    from MI

This was my 3rd year in a row and I totally agree...If I might add my .02 as well, how about having a large reserved area of the general parking (since there is now acres of more space) specific for the cars that "don't quite" make it. This would: 1) speed up decision making at the gate 2) let a guy/gal keep their car amongst other "show" cars and not have to park next to a potential door banging SUV 3) give another area for "car fans" to check out.

Just my opinion...

27. JAWS

JAWS

Before this post I was sad that I didn't make it...........now I am just as thankful.:D

Oh, who won Jeffy's ratrod trophy?

28. Drag Raised

Drag Raised
    from Quincy, IL

• Had a time Saturday. This was our first trip to Hunnert. Fantastic show and swap meet. Hats off to the C.C.C.C. for having the jewels to move the show to a new location and for pulling it off in fine fashion!

29. dustdevil

dustdevil
    from illinois

I just want to say thanks to the Czars for letting me be a vendor at the show! I had a great time the whole weekend, met a lot of cool people and the little time I had to check out the cars I saw some nice ones. I hope to be there next year and do it all again. Thanks for putting on a kick ass show!:)

30. kel072931

kel072931
    from Clinton

Hey all,

I just came across this site looking for pictures, but thanks to everyone for coming out to Clinton. As a resident, not much goes on there, and Friday and Saturday nights were by far the coolest thing to ever happen to the city. I think I can speak for all by saying thank you and please come back next year!