Register now to get rid of these ads!

Customs My Ford 51 Top Chop From Argentina

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Path Thirteen, Jul 30, 2010.

1. Thank you, this saturday im gonna work on the car, so saturday night its gonna be an update night ! keep tuned in !!
    Thank you, Nice merc !!!

2. Asphalt Outlaw Hero

Asphalt Outlaw Hero
    from Dixie

Having been to Argentina,I am always amazed by their ingenuity.
    I'm looking forward to more!
    !Muy bueno!

3. haha, yeah, here in argentina you can see cars running on the streets that are almost trash... all fixed and put togeter with steel wire... running without lights, but they still running !! haha... if you gonna come back and want to go to a car event or something like that i can drive you and drink some beers!!

Muchas gracias !!

4. Incredible!

You've got a great attitude and you're not afraid to tackle a project that most of us wouldn't even attempt.

Keep posting pictures. This thread is inspiring!

5. Stefan T

Stefan T
    from Sweden

Good work

[​IMG]

I think is a good idea to change the roof top to a one piece model

/Stefan

6. Flat n Low, Here we have to work on what we can find, we have to get the hands dirty or die ! haha

thank you !!

7. Thank you ! yes, it works better, we dont want to made a "bondo roof"... so its better to do it this way, its hardest, but is the only way to go!

8. Well, we were working a little bit on the 51, Heres the pics i took yesterday, now is almost a 2 door completely. Hope you like it !!

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

9. THE CHIEF

THE CHIEF
    from MIAMI

che y los fititos adonde estan? que buen trabajo estan haciendo!

10. hvychvy

hvychvy

Thanks,I'll be waiting!!:)

11. Ian Berky

Ian Berky

This is gonna be a cool Ford!! keep it up man!!! :)

12. Howwdy!!

I need help my friends, im about to buy a air ride system... but i dont know if this kind of airbags gonna work on my Ford.. i know in the rear axle it works, but i dont know in the front, the front air bags go trough the shock absorber... Well, Hope you can help me and show me some pictures... THANK YOU ! and please gimme a hand !

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

13. Help me guys! Please!!

14. throw away the solenoids and runs manual switches....

15. Why ?? Selenoids arent good ?
    I need help, i dont know a thing about air ride, well i figure it out and i can do the stuff to run it on bags, but i will apreciate some advices !

16. Who is the manufacturer?
    Instructions not included?

I'm sure someone on the HAMB can help, I've never seen air bags like those.

Last edited: Oct 10, 2010
  17. ChicagoSlackers1

ChicagoSlackers1

damn fine job man keep the pics coming

18. Bullrack

Bullrack
    from Louisiana

I'm impressed with your work. At first I thought you took too much out in the back, but after seeing it outside and lowered it really works. Sorry I'm no help with the bags.

19. Hi! nope, i think the bags are brazilian, the compressor its a Viair and the selenoids are made in the USA, i belive the bags are 1500 LBs EACH, i was researching about the weight of the car and if "the internet" isnt wrong the cars weight is 3000 LBs, so i think it have to work... well lets see if that can raise the car up !

Thank you!

20. haha, thank you :D i dont know its is fine or not, but its a pain the ass !!
    but well... theres no other way to build a custom, im not rich and i like to get my hands dirty, the only problem is that i want to get it finished for yesterday! jaja

21. Yeah, i tought that too... becouse im looking at the car and i feel something "strange" about the roof... its not the tipical chop i think, becouse all the shoebox that i saw the rear roof section is more "flat" but mine is more rounded, well im gonna upload a photoshoped picture so you can get the idea of the finished car.

Thank you !

22. Here you got Bullrach

I only lowered the car, smoother the missing parts of the back doors, made the windows frames... and thats all, i really love how it looks !
    [​IMG]

23. Hey! theres nobody interested in my build ?? i know there in the states a chopped shoebox's not big deal, but hey... im ripping my ass off to build this car. Come on guys i want to see advices, building tips, ideas for the grille, for the interior !!
    Who wants to be a little part of this overseas Shoebox ??

Last edited: Oct 20, 2010
  24. customcory

customcory

Hey, we are still interested. ;) What kind of cars do you have down there to get grilles from? I like a 53 Chevy grille shell molded in. Molding in the 51 top bar to the body is a start to grille, with some kind of bar in the middle. Make a floating grille bar.

25. hey Cory, we dont have much cars to get the grille from, theres a lot of american cars but its hard to find a good grille... almost all the cars have no grille becouse people take it to sell it as parts, so if you find a grille, sometimes is more expensive that the car... I was thinking about a 55 desoto grille!

26. Hey im here with a little update !

Yesterday i did a lot of work on the box, we gonna finisht the body work and took it out of the frame to work on the C notch for the air ride...

There in the states people uses to weld the front fenders ? here in argentina it looks like people like to weld the fenders to the rocker panels and the lip of the bump guard, happend in my falcon too... motherfuckers !
    [​IMG]
    Welded everywere !! thank god to the pneumatic hammer !
    [​IMG]
    trying to separate the lip from the fender!
    [​IMG]
    Grrrrrrrinder
    [​IMG]
    Battery tray... rusty
    [​IMG]
    One fender out, after cuttin lot a bolts rust-welded it came out
    [​IMG]
    My friend tommy come to visit us to the shop
    [​IMG]
    a ton of shit sticked to the fenders... lot of original tar
    [​IMG]
    At least the dirt and tar protected well the parts
    [​IMG]
    Work done !
    [​IMG]
    Removin the tar and protective from the floors, hard hard work...
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    A piece of the titanic ?? noppppppe , the upper arm of the front suspension haha
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    It was hard but it came out !!
    [​IMG]
    Sandblasting the grille at the shop, some holes under the bondo, anyone have a cheap 51 grille to sell ??
    [​IMG]
    Sanblasting hurts!
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    Rocker panels and new roof sheetmetal still waiting...
    [​IMG]
    Got my own Volskrod hahahaha !!
    [​IMG]
    That all for now !! see ya folks Hope you enjoy this frankenstein build !

27. Anyone can help me with the air bag selection for the shoebox ?? im looking for a good price/quality bags... if anyone can help me it whould be cool! thanks!

28. TMunster

TMunster
    from Las Vegas

sorry cant help with the bags, but just read the whole thread...and very nice build! will keep an eye on it for updates

29. mart3406

mart3406
    from Canada

Nice work!! ¡muy bueno! Two thumbs up!

Mart3406
    ======================

Attached Files: