Register now to get rid of these ads!

1930 bugatii undressed

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by low springs, Oct 10, 2010.

1. Legendary Lars

Legendary Lars

Was amazing to see 30 of these thrashing around the track at Laguna Seca, most bugatties ever assembled. That and the 12 of 14 XKS Jaguars on the lawn at Peblle gave me a heart murmer

2. seetz

seetz

thanks. now that is f'ing beautiful. I desperately need one. for real. I'm going to buy a lottery ticket right now. oh wait we don't have a lottery here. anyone wanna buy a winning ticket for me?

3. 56ih

56ih

Wow...beautiful. Thanks for the pics, not often one gets to see something like this in such detail

4. deucegasser

deucegasser

Thank you. Excellent pics.

5. NWRacing

NWRacing

When I look at these cars I can envision a guy doing very detailed intricate work on each and every piece. I think how proud he must of been of each of them. Then I see modern cars cranked out of mass produced CNC parts and plastic trim assembled by a guy who doesn't care about the thing he is building at all, it could as easily be a refrigerator as a car. It makes it easy to understand why we still gaze in awe of 80 year old cars and why in 80 more years they wont remember the junk produced today and will still gaze in awe of these rolling works of art.

6. captainjunk#2

captainjunk#2

what a beautiful car , thanks for sharing the photos

7. Thank you very much low springs for sharing; I too have never seen the underside of a Bugatti-amazing.

For those of you who may want a vintage Bugatti and have the means to spend a lot on such a car, but don't have the $1Million+ it takes to acquire an original, these folks at Pur-Sang down in Argentina can create a new Bugatti nearly identical to original. Pur-Sang's Bugattis are so well done that most concours and historic racing events allow them to participate as originals. Think of them as Brookville Bugattis..

http://www.pursangweb.com/

Crosthwaite and Gardiner in England can do the same-check out their Bugatti parts list..it's amazing what they can create. Amazing.

http://www.crosthwaiteandgardiner.com/cgHome_.htm

http://www.crosthwaiteandgardiner.c...ttiParts2.csv&template=cgtemplate.html&from=2

8. Von Rigg Fink

Von Rigg Fink
    from Garage

I have always wanted to own one of these, I know its probably never going to happen , but I have lusted over these for so many years..
    It would probably get parked in my living room...but it would get driven, and how.

Mechanical Art

9. THE SPEED ADDICT

THE SPEED ADDICT

Bugattis are amazing pieces of work! I've had the oppertunity to see one restored from start to finish.

Great photos! Thanks for sharing!

10. Levis Classic

Levis Classic

11. BLAINE 816

BLAINE 816

What great pictures, thank you.

12. Thanks very much for that detailed view of one of my all time favorites , Nice to see the guts,,,,Sam

13. Ed Zackley

Ed Zackley
    from Hokeyhomey

Ouch, those gears look like they're in pain (or am I seeing things)! I suppose thats because there are no synchros and no dogs? Unfortunately, Fangio is not available to drive anymore. :D And thanks for these pics, it is rare for me to get to see smoething like this.

14. DocWatson

DocWatson
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

And the best thing? This obviously gets used!! I love it, I'm with you JeffreyJames these things are almost as good as a classic Hot Rod!

How cool is the gage, 'Essence'?!!

Doc.

15. retroridesbyrich

retroridesbyrich
    from Central NC

What a rare opportunity. I truly appreciate you posting these great images!

16. the shadow

the shadow

Nice! If ou guys want to see some cool restoration pics of bugatii's & other works of art click on this link to view some of Chris leydons restoration work. they restore old race cars + they are a 1st class engine restoration shop,even re-casting blocks that have not been cast in over 60+ years (under lic from the mfr of course).neat guy with a cool shop (he sold it and is retired now but the shop is still in buisness under another owner)

http://www.christopherleydon.com/Zportfolio/portfolio.html

Paul

17. Ed Zackley

Ed Zackley
    from Hokeyhomey

Slightly OT, the pictures in the OP are more interesting and more informative than what I see in the average automotive magazine, even the big glossy ones like Classic Cars and Vintage Motorsports or whatever they're called, why? What is different about these photographs? I know there are more of them here, but for example, of all the many photos I've seen of vintage Bugatti's, I've never seen the rear axle, never knew it had cable brakes... I love magazines but I wish they had better pictures (but not necessarily prettier ones).

18. Well I'm a big fan of the '33. But about any Bugatti gives me heart palpitations. That is just sweet. Very few people see that much detail without owning one. Nice !!!

19. -Brent-

-Brent-

So many cool details. Thanks.

I've been paying attention to cars like these over the past year. My dash and fuel set up on my 20T will take a lot of ques from cars like this one.

20. low springs

low springs
    from Long Beach

you guys are very welcome. i sure wish i could have drove it.

click on my signature to check out other stuff we've done.

21. I absolutely love the details on these Bugatti's. Thank you for such detailed pics of areas not normally seen!

22. I love the tubular gearbox crossmembers on these - bent, slit and flared to fit to the frame channel.

23. scootermcrad

scootermcrad
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

That... is.... AMAZING!!! Thank you SOOO much for taking the time to post all those detail shots! THIS is the type of stuff that really makes a car complete, in my opinion: attention to detail! Nothing left untouched.

WOW! Just... WOW!

24. I'll chime in here too. Thanks - I've never seen one up on a rack from the underside or with the body off. It's even more impressive when you study all the details and can appreciate the amount of effort, design, and fabrication it took. Thanks!

25. forty1

forty1

Just in AWE,..simply AWE..
    unbelievable Design, Materials & Construction, & the RACED.
    Underbelly shots are-- All the shot are awesome !
    THANK YOU>
    -41-

26. Nads

Nads
    from Hypocrisy

I'm blown away, but I have to ask, were the pieces ever polished to that extent when the car was built?

27. 62rebel

62rebel

automotive jewelry. they are fascinating cars... no wonder the Schlumpf brothers obsessed over them. no matter where you look, there is another engineering detail that just blows your mind. and this one, is a SMALL one. check out a Royale sometime.

and they did it all with slide rules, not computers.... hammers, files, and sweat.

28. hasty

hasty

Thanks for posting. Great pictures and wonderful details. Every hidden thing is thought through as much as those on show. Very beautiful!

29. Iceberg460

Iceberg460

Awsome! Really goes to show the pride the builders took in their work

30. The37Kid

The37Kid

YES! Back in the day they were polished steel, most restorations today have the suspention parts nickel or chrome plated.