Register now to get rid of these ads!

Hi, New on the board

Discussion in 'New to the H.A.M.B.? Introduce yourself here!' started by RatRodMike, Feb 10, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. RatRodMike

RatRodMike
    from dfw, tx

this to me is a ratrod

Attached Files:

2. RenoRat

RenoRat
    from Oxnard,Ca

Hmm i dunno I dont see any half eaten cheese or rat traps layn around that car!!

3. Mutt

Mutt

Pullleeezeee - I reaaalllly want to know how long the term Rat Rod has been around, and just what one is. I did ask politely, and even thanked you in advance. I'm old and don't have much time, so be nice - please?????

Mutt

4. RatRodMike

RatRodMike
    from dfw, tx

a rat rod is the product of a fertile mind, empty pockets and a strong desire to drive, lmao

well i know its been around alot longer then ive been around.. probably from the old ratfink days

5. JamesG

JamesG

Thats a SharkRod ®.

6. Mutt

Mutt

OK, I gotcha - something like this?....:rolleyes:

Mutt

7. JOBCORP

JOBCORP

I wouldn't start posting others cars and calling them RATS....

8. RatRodMike

RatRodMike
    from dfw, tx

hell yeah, thats boss

9. RatRodMike

RatRodMike
    from dfw, tx

i saw that on a ratrod site

10. You sort of remind me of a little dog who just won't stop humping someone's leg.

11. RatRodMike

RatRodMike
    from dfw, tx

im just replying to the stuff yall are saying. yall started this whole conversation, not me.. i just told about myself. yall felt the need to ostresize me. im just trying to say hi, and meet some new people

12. sparky96

sparky96

welcome rat rod mike! it takes time to get used to things around here!
    ive been on the board for 3months now and im just starting to get it!
    my brother Jimmy clams just tells me ot mellow out and listen!
    hey how do you define a ratrod?

13. RatRodMike

RatRodMike
    from dfw, tx

to me a ratrod is when you get a car,, you put alot of work on the engine.. i prefer a 392 hemi or something,, but you dont spend your time on paint.. put some wide whites on it,, header come out the side,, and in my eyes you got a rat rod

14. 296 V8

296 V8
    BANNED
    from Nor~Cal

“rr” mike
    If you haven’t figured it out yet
    Most people on here fuckin hate that stupid ass label and wish it would go away

15. RatRodMike

RatRodMike
    from dfw, tx

well, dont make a ratrod and it wont get called a ratrod. no disrespect meant at all

16. 296 V8

296 V8
    BANNED
    from Nor~Cal

Don’t you get it?

We like the cars (traditional rods and customs) we just hate the stupid labels amateurs put on them.
    You sound like one of my kids, but instead of “rr” every other word they say is “like”

17. I swear to Jesus.....Some people will get pissed off if you call a duck a duck.

I was going to write quite the lengthy drawn out gripe here...but everything I would say is blatantly obvious somewhere in the last couple posts....it is to laugh...

welcome aboard

18. KoppaK

KoppaK

I like Traditional Rods and Kustoms and always look twice before I pull out! Get it?

19. Boy, I can't believe Brandy hasen't jumped on this yet!!-MIKE:D :p

20. joeycarpunk

joeycarpunk
    from MN,USA

At least he did'nt refer to the ladies as betties, and that he really digs the scene. :D
    Listen and learn, welcome.

21. Artiki

Artiki
    from Brum...

Doesn't that make them Snot Rods then? :D

23. CherryBlossom

CherryBlossom

Bahahahaha!:D

24. MBTex

MBTex

So is it a BossRod

25. Petejoe

Petejoe
    from Zoar, Ohio

QUOTE=RatRodMike a rat rod is the product of a fertile mind, empty pockets and a strong desire to drive, lmao
    Well said Mike..........................You can stay[/QUOTE]

Your brother was wrong. Maybe started on the wrong foot. Maybe most here don't like your name, But you belong here. Glad to have ya onboard.
    We can have Mouse motors, rat finks, and ratty rods.
    Maybe in other areas of the country people have been criticizing their alternative street rods and calling them that nasty name. But I haven't seen it used in a derogatory fashion in my area.
    Change your name to "Alternative-Street-Rod-Mike" :D

26. Clark

Clark

I really should't add to this mess, but I do want to clarify something. The car in the picture Mutt posted is not a "rat rod". That car is a hot rod and should be called nothing else. That car was built in the 30's or 40's and has not been retsored. That car IS how it was done back in the day.

You can call my cars rat rods if you want. It's just a lame term people use to describe real hot rods today. There are cars that are hacked together that should be called rat rods but most are just real hot rods. The term is not that old. Five to ten years at the most.

By the way welcome aboard. You can learn a lot here.
    Clark

27. LoungeLife

LoungeLife
    from Tulsa

ok ###rodmike.

Things to avoid saying on the HAMB, and come to think of, anywhere else. ever.

ratrod - to most of the people here this is an insult to a car they have poured countless hours and probably a good amount of blood into.

old school (this includes all variations and spellings ie Ol' Skool) I'm not gonna explain this. Also if you read Ol' Skool magazine do not talk on here the way that magazine reads.

Welcome aboard, have fun.

Lounge.

28. Tuck

Tuck
    Tech Editor
    from MINNESOTA
    1. Early Hemi Tech

stop talking = stop drama
    start reading = start learning
    start building = start earning respect

The End.

29. El Caballo

El Caballo
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

You know, I used to support the idea of having intros and still do in a way, but some of you FNG's who have been here 6 mos to a year shouldn't be acting all salty. Shit, lots of people here don't even have a project to work on. All you have to do is read some of the sorry-assed posts in the main board to see that.

Leave Mike alone and don't go getting into his shorts because he didn't come at you with the right "jive" to salve your tender little sensibilities.

"(sniff) Rat rod?... This Micheal fellow simply does not understand the qualitative as well as semantic differences between a rat rod and a hot rod. We shall have to snub him, eh Skippy? Haw, haw, haw..."

You people sound more like Concours d'Elegance restorers than hotrodders.

Get over yourselves.

30. trey

trey

i agree with that guy! its odd though, all those cab posters i had as a kid didnt say anything like that on em.

trey

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.