Register now to get rid of these ads!

For ALL You FNG's...How'd You Find The HAMB?

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by krooser, Jan 28, 2009.

1. shoveldog

shoveldog
    from Ravenna OH

Over the last few years, people kept sending me links to Hamb pages, Hemi-Joel's recent clips of the "Duesenberg Drag races" (which I also attended) were what pushed me over the edge. I will probably keep in touch.

2. BigRy

BigRy
    from colorado

I found out through the mags, allways showin the drags. I love this life and will be sticking around. I never really have been a computer guy, but as the easy way to find info and parts, I have been finding more stuff. The H.A.M.B. is a place with people like me. I am a freak, have allways been into cars. Though I just joined this site I have been a body and paint guy for 23 years. This is my life, I just seem to be in the shop more than here.

3. Deuces

Deuces

I found this place on a "search site" while looking for pics of traditional hotrods. Been here a year and got in over 2000 posts..... FAR OUT!! :D

4. 76cam

76cam

I found out by going to the lonestar round up last june. Saw the firewall tags on the cars and asked about it.So i checked it out and was amazed at it so after just lurking as you call it i joined.

5. guitar man

guitar man
    from Tulsa OK

I was searching for pictures of trucks like mine that hadn't been ruined with the latest billet crap and high tech engine transplants and stumbled across this place. I'll be here until I annoy y'all enough to kick me out :D

6. Like a lot of you I found this place through internet searches...since 1995 when I started getting internet saavy I began doing research into hot rodding history...met some interesting people like Lyle Willits & Rikster by attending various hot rodding & scale auto events in the DC Md.area...the search for our hot rodding roots naturally led me here...the knowledge base is huge...I enjoy the breadth & depth...lurked for awhile and then jumped in...the search feature is great...tons of info....

7. Deuces

Deuces

8. Johnny Switchblade

Johnny Switchblade
    from Upstate NY

Can't remember where I first heard about it and have been pokin around here on and off for quite a while. Started hangin' more lately and figured 'what the heck'. Lots of great info and terrific pictures!

9. Dead End Sleds

Dead End Sleds

Heard about website from father in law and a brother in law. Signed up not really knowing what it was. When I got my car immediately posted questions without giving proper introduction. After a couple of those, learned my place. Have so many questions answered and so much information and so many ideas gathered, I realized had saved myself way more than Fifty Bucks, so became an Alliance Member recently. Other than my dad and FIL, who live hundreds of miles away and get tired of me calling, this is a remarkable resource. I will stick around and hope to have something to contribute to site someday.

10. slodat

slodat
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

I found this place just by searching Google for some car related information. I was originally looking for Model T Speedsters and speed equipment.

I was a "registered lurker" for awhile before even introducing myself.

11. Hart Rod

Hart Rod
    from Syracuse

Searching the net for stuff and I bumped into it. Lurking for awhile. Started a project now I'm picking up speed.

12. Came across The H.A.M.B while searching other car related topics a few years back...Didnt join until we got a more HAMB worthy car .Havent looked back since.
    I have obtained more info thru this site than I could ever find in little ol NZ!

13. Leevon

Leevon
    from Nixa, MO

Found the jockey journal through another bike site xlforum.com, then kind of stumbled on the HAMB. Reinforced a need to visit from a few hints over at 67-72chevytrucks.com.

Plus if you're a prolific "googler" this site comes up often.

I'd like to think I'm here to stay, my post count may never reflect that but sometimes it's what you don't say that counts. :rolleyes:

14. The HAMB is a great place to find parts and get answers to those question making you pull your hair out in the garage at 1:30 in the morning...Bunch of awesome fabricators and car nuts on here......Hamber for life

15. croxxedmember

croxxedmember

well, i have been a member of the H.A.M.B for just about a year, and plan on staying. i am here because my love of cars as a blind mechanic, and i find the knolege on the H.A.M.B expansive and useful. i found the ham by reading over my father's shoulder.

16. guitar man

guitar man
    from Tulsa OK

Ok, I can't lie. When I found the HAMB it was because I hit the "Open Cars... or Why 9 of 10 women go "TOPLESS" Thread

It was just the keywords "topless women" in google that got me here

:eek::D:p:D:p:D

17. ClimisCD

ClimisCD

I've always wanted to restore/customize an american classic but never had the funding or knowledge. The funding is taken care of now but the knowledge still needs work. So I set out to learn everything I could and every question I had led me here for an answer. Eventually I hope to help out future FNGs.

18. Found out through my fellow "Salvagerz" here in Florida.

19. RoryShock

RoryShock
    from Western TN

Stumbled onto this place while trying to search the internet on info about the truck I was in the process of buying. The wealth of info has sorta kept me here. I'm hoping to do a build thread on the truck once I'm in position to really fix the thing up.

20. Just Jones

Just Jones

This was exactly my experience . . . I was addicted to Jalopy Journal years ago, and never really knew there was a bulletin board, except I think I remember buying some stuff off the classifieds, maybe? So in relative terms, the HAMB is a new thing for me. Great info, entertaining, and occasionally something that gets me in trouble.

21. norm ricardo

norm ricardo

found by googling something about a y block, could not believe the amount of good information on this site, lurked for a while now I'm here for good

22. 4 or 5 years I got talking to a fellow with a shoe box Ford at the Detroit Autorama. He asked me if I was on the HAMB, I told him I was a steak and potatoes kind of guy before he clued me in to what the HAMB was all about. Every so often I would sneek around the forum and finally joined not to long ago, should have joined sooner.

23. 52pig

52pig

I unzipped my pants.

24. Bad Eye Bill

Bad Eye Bill
    from NB Canada

Heard about it through other forums. Was warned more than once that it is not a family site or friendly like our forum is, came in and looked around a few times, liked what I saw and finally joined. I spend more time here now than I do on those other forums.

I don't have a hotrod, I have a bone stock '51 Dodge Regent 4 door sedan and a 55 Fargo that I am eventually going to put on a Dakota chassis. Hope this is HAMB friendly.

25. ytt49

ytt49
    from socal

everytime i did a bing search for info or parts for my car there hamb was
    once i saw the aerostar springs thread for the shoebox i was in and had join for more hamb goodness

26. wrenchin hobo

wrenchin hobo
    from Houston,TX

I was discussing some hotrod movies that my Matco dealer had on his truck which led him to ask if I was a HAMB member. After a wtf moment he explained and I have been lurking since. I've always been a traditional hotrod and custom fan. So my plans are to park my arse right here and learn from all you guys and gals all I can, and purchase my dream car/project as quickly as possible.

I work on Mercedes for a living...so the desire for something simple and built with a purpose is more than refreshing...it's inspiring.

J

27. Recon

Recon
    from Smyrna Tn

I was searching Google for vintage pics and found the site. I love the vintage style and look. Plus as said by many people before,the wealth of knowledge on here is invaluable. I want to thank everybody here, for doing this and making it easier for FNG's to get involved.

28. Offy 220

Offy 220

I found this site through a link from a "Traditional Sprint Car" website that I am a member of. I have posted on the VINTAGE SPRINT CAR thread but since I have sold the sprint car recently I have gotten back into my 29A roadster on 32 rails and my 40 Ford coupe. The information and encouragement on here is great and I have to admit I am on here everyday.

29. adamambrs1

adamambrs1
    from wisconsin

I think I ask a question on google and it sent me here for the answer ;)
    anyway I don’t have heat in my shed so I can’t be posting too much without snow being on the ground yet. I know it was a long time before I actually joined the site after finding it.
    back when I still had dial up jalopy journal was a frequent stop

Last edited: Oct 10, 2010
  30. Jims35

Jims35

:cool: Well ,I'm past the "FNG" thing,which never did bother me to be called that. I think I brought up the word ' chevy' one to many times on a couple of ford forums for starters.Then I told a trailer queen truck owner I liked the look of an original 56 ford and 56 GMC pickups better than his $30,000 plus trailer queen,that had 100 miles on it :D. I was told I would fit right in on the H.A.M.B.,and they were right.Sticks and stones may break my bones but words will never harm me .L.O.L.:) H.A.M.B., the cure for the day.

Last edited: Oct 10, 2010