Register now to get rid of these ads!

Introduction, or "Another freaekin newbie"

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by hillbillyhell, Feb 9, 2005.

1. hillbillyhell

hillbillyhell

Those are AWESOME shots, it's really cool to hear from people that walked up on the car at a show. I was not there, since my dumb ass went and got a real job again right around that time. Light blue shirt and a beard is my old man, the guy in the hat to his right is our friend John, another traditional rod guy, and also the guy that found me my free 34 pickup cab

2. hotrodladycrusr

hotrodladycrusr

Well you are too kind regarding the quality of the shots. I had just gotten my camera and was playing with the different settings. I really like the color on the first one and really wish the reflection of the Murrays sign wasn't in the second one. One of these days I hope to run into your Dads car again and really get some cool shots of it. Perhaps at the Jalopy Showdown in PA in May.:D

3. crewcutkid

crewcutkid
    from m

Great looking tub, welcome.
    -Crew

4. 40StudeDude

40StudeDude

Poor old ratrodmike over on another thread is getting a shitlod of hard time...Why? Cuz he doesn't have a car and he uses a name like "rat rod"...but here we have a newbie that just got out of ricers and has a finished show car and you guys are falling all over yourself to be nice...including Ryan.

I don't get it...I thot everyone had to post an intro up top in the new area...are there exceptions to the rule if you've got a show car?

R-

5. Flexicoker

Flexicoker

I believe he posted this before the Intro Forum was set up.

6. 40StudeDude

40StudeDude

Uh-huh! Nope, not buying that one...there were several others that posted their intros about the same time and their intros got moved into that forum...

R-

7. Welcome to the HAMB newbie. I thought your dads car was way cool. The interior color and design were perfect. The car had all the right stuff and lots of attidude.

Now get you dad on the board as well.

8. hotrodladycrusr

hotrodladycrusr

Poor Old RRM intro'd with "Just saying hi to everyone", and as part of the intro police, certainly you can tell the difference from HBH's. Even without the photos of the ride him and his dad built, his intro is well thought out and you can tell he put some time into it. Most of us know he's a real living and breathing person and not a made-up screamname for someone to start drama with. Sometime I wonder if some of these intros belong to real people, don't you Roger?? Why would a girl who wants to be respected on a almost completely male message board name herself "NasyGirl" Certainly makes no sense to me.

Now, back to our regularly schedule intro

9. hatch

hatch
    from house

Welcome....shoulda got the Ridler with that one!!!.....my favorite car at autorama last year.

10. hillbillyhell

hillbillyhell

Couple things.
    1> I posted my intro minutes before the creation of the intro area, as far as I can tell.

2> I am not, never was, and did not just get out of "rice" or "ricers". As a hotrodder, I'm sure you can appreciate that building a naturally aspirated 2.0 liter motor that makes over 245 WHP and is tame enough to drive every day is a bit different than stickers, big wings, and underbody neon. I put in my time, with a TIG torch, a die grinder and a dyno, not the latest issue of "Import Tuner"

3> Where the fuck do you see a show car? The A tub is far from a show car, in fact the thing was driven from VA to California and back last summer for the Roadster Show. No trailers, no tools, and a flathead. I'm among the group of people that considers "show car" to be a bit of an insult. But I guess if it's built nice, that means it's a show car and not a driver, right?