Register now to get rid of these ads!

Heading back to Hershey...

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Jive-Bomber, Oct 7, 2010.

1. Jive-Bomber

Jive-Bomber

2. Tinman

Tinman
    from Orange, CA

Work trip, huh? LUCKY! My work trips are rarely so blessed...

3. Sauli

Sauli

x2 about the "work trip" -part, LOL. Anyway, went last year myself. Lots and lots to see, just be prepared for a LOT of walking. Most likely though, You still may not see all of it in just two days. =To put it mildly, the area is quite vast.
    If You´re already out from across the country, and by any means might be in a position to do so, I´d highly recommend seeing about sticking around for an extra day there on Saturday. The show (-only) -field across the street would be very much worth seeing, regardless if You´re "into" the points -type restoration shows or not. Just the most amazing stuff to see there if You´re into vintage cars period.

4. Sutton Speed

Sutton Speed

Just got back to my hotel room after a morning of walking around the swap meet. Picked up a few model a front and rear crossmembers, a model a rear spring and a '30-'31 firewall.
    Headed back to the show for work in a few hours, stop by the Meguiar's big rig and say hi.

Oh yeah, and I Talked to a guy this morning who bought a '32 k member for $20...

5. retro54

retro54
    from PA

Jive Bomber... might miss ya, but hope to meet ya if you're hanging with Zach tonight.. cheers! and enjoy!

6. "Research for a project" Jay ;)

Have a ball.

7. SAVAGE

SAVAGE
    Alliance Vendor

PLEASE Take me

8. Only 6 pictures? I need more!

9. Pat Pryor

Pat Pryor

i droped 300 bucks in the first half hour. and that was all my money. but got a lot of cool shit.

10. I need some more cool shit....wish I was there. I can already see it beat the shriners swap meet I just went to!!

Hey, love the red folding chair in the last photo....check it out, all metal....man, I might need to get out more.

11. Tomorrow (Friday) I'm going. Can't wait! Better than Christmas!

12. I'll be there at 6:00am ready to rock and roll.
    I'm looking forward to seeing lots of HAMBers at the race car fire up in the Stadium around 11:00
    Don't be shy...step up and introduce yourselves.

13. Hate to miss this but I'll be at Maple Grove.

14. olskool37

olskool37

I'll be there Fri & Sat. wouldnt miss this years perfect weather for nuthin'!

Not too sure about 6 a.m. though... hehe

15. Flat Power

Flat Power
    from New Jersey

Was there on wednesday, picked up some cool shit

16. Mr Haney

Mr Haney

there last year, be there sat this year ! Kick ass event, one of the few left :(

17. Fedcospeed

Fedcospeed

Got down there late tuesday afternoon and walked around,saw some friends.Got up at 5:30 and was #3 in line at parking lot.Ha Ha ,they started lining cars up in lot away from walk way not close to it.Still in swap way too early.Headed to far side of orange field but in came the rain.Started walking again at 9:30,lots of spots still covered.No biggie,got to the other side by 5pm.Picked up a nos fender for my 47 Olds fastback ,in the factory wrapper for $250!!!.This after finding one for 500,then another for 400.
    Stopped by and talked to "Jim",had a welcome hambers sign.Also signed a banner hung on the side of a car.Back on the road home so I could be at a funeral in the morning.Some day I'll stay for the whole shabang but still a must attend if you havent been to.There were some killer car buying deals to be had.Lots of porcelean signs,gas stuff,model A parts,and as always Crappy food vendor choices.All part of what makes for a great time.Hope you were there!!

Last edited: Oct 7, 2010
  18. SUHRsc

SUHRsc

That was me! :D
    got a pair of legs for it yesterday for $10... so $30 for the whole thing.. with an extra half of a leg! :D:D

won't tell you what I paid for an aluminum Weber flywheel....
    or this god awful heavy head for my model-A that says... Winfield on it...

Jay, it was really nice meeting you by the way...

19. 1oldrat

1oldrat

Hey Zach,I walked by you and didn't get a chance to say Hi.Beautiful weather.I picked up some stuff.It was better than a day at work.

20. Sounds like a blast! Maybe next year. It's on my short list to see as well. Post some more pics of the treasures please!

21. tuki

tuki

what!!..30 bucks..you must have beat Sheets there.lol..thats the find of the yr..since most are 700+ l didnt make it to your booth.sorry.lots of ground i missed

22. Anderhart Speed

Anderhart Speed

I will be there in about 4 hours. The nice thing about hershey is that I pretty much live there. Tried to scoot out of work early everyday this week to no avail to get over there, but I will be there. Just in case anybody knows if I can find one, I'm looking for the piece that mounts to the cowl and A-pillars for a 30 A coupe that the bottom of the windshield sets against. Just throwin it out there! I'll be wearing a black backwards baseball cap and a black long-sleeve mooneyes shirt. If you recognize me just say hi and introduce yourself. Part of the fun is meeting new people. See ya guys!

23. sled

sled

Yeah guys..for us that could'nt attend post some PICS,PICS,PICS...show your cool finds and make us jealous..love to see the stuff out there..and there is plenty there!!!

24. Retro Jim

Retro Jim

Well I am getting ready to drive to Hershey now ! The weather is suppose to be great today so I will walk till my legs give out !
    Maybe I will run into a few on my journey !
    Have fun !

Retro Jim

25. oaktree

oaktree

You lucky DOG! I wished I was going with you...

26. Pat Pryor

Pat Pryor

i think im gonna go again tomorrow.

27. scarylarry

scarylarry

Jive-Bomber, sorry I'll miss you there. I did Tues-Thur and had to get out to reload for the York Pinball Show Saturday. Have fun!

28. Deuce3wCpe

Deuce3wCpe
    from New Jersey

Was there yesterday (23rd year in a row)...the scope and size of that place seemed more daunting then ever. My kid and I walked from 7am to 6pm and didn't see the whole Chocolate field… never mind the Green Field, Red Field, Orange Field, Show Field, Car Corral, etc.etc...never got to step foot in them. I guess if you're on a mission looking for one specific major component like a differential or a transmission you could keep moving and cover some ground. But if you like to take in the whole experience... stop at every spot and check out all the vintage tin, speed equipment, accessories, flatheads, overheads, hit & miss engines, service station signs, pumps, mini-bikes, midget racers, gadgets, gizmos…well you get the picture. You need 3 days minimum to cover that place…when you do stand in one place for more than a few minutes you start getting that feeling like "holy crap I better get going or I'm going to miss something"!!
    For those that have never been there, it needs to be on your bucket list... it is a spectacle beyond belief….for those of you that have.... well you know what I'm talking about.
    Already looking forward to going back next year.

29. Pat Pryor

Pat Pryor

yea i went wednesday from 7 to 630. and i still feel like im missing out. i am going tomorrow early. its really my first year going. kinda made it late on a sat last year not knowing everyone was alreaty packing up. their was still a lot to see. but now i know save up my money for hershey and vacation days too.

30. Ford52PU

Ford52PU
    from PA

I'm looking forward to going tomorrow as well, looking for parts for the 52 F1. Hope to see someone else in a HAMB shirt!