Register now to get rid of these ads!

Vintage minibikes

Discussion in 'The Antiquated' started by INJUNTOM, Jul 7, 2006.

1. never seen one with white walls. where did you get the tires?

2. Painted them on. Dean

3. Thanks!
    I picked up an old Sears minibike roller in decent shape. I'll post some pics.

4. need louvers ?

need louvers ?

Big doins' at the Southwest Nostalgia nats in Phoenix! We had our first real mini bike drags! Long story short, Ron Olmstead put lots of space between himself and the other five of us competing by showing up with a very heavily worked weird looking mini, and by weighing the same as a shoe! He is a smaller guy! I came in last in last in both heats, and learned the valuable lesson for next time that starting line tire stickum and 3 1/2 thundering horses are not a good combination! Kinda like trying to leave from flypaper! Oh, and don't open your mouth from laughing too hard because crickets can be ingested without chewing at speed! That said, I have no photos of the actual race itself, çause I was way too busy watching Ronny disappear into the night and laughing so hard I could barely stay upright, but I do offer this picture of the H.A.M.B. hospitality booth/ racing mini bike pit just moments before the actual action! Sorry for the crappy pictures, but here is mine, Ronny's two, and Glen Bolz black Cat.... At night... Oh, Jeem's mini is in there too!

Attached Files:

5. need louvers ?

need louvers ?

Found one more I forgot to post. Ron Olmstead getting his trophy!
    Now how could I have forgotten that? Just remember good buddy, old age, treachery,and the ability to "just happen to find" far superior equipment only lasts so long!!!

Attached Files:

6. This is my summer project. 1968 Taco 44. 5hp. Briggs that has a Crane cam, ported, relieved, billet flywheel, billet rod.

Attached Files:

7. Nice job on the Taco. Joe Revello at tacominibikes.com has correct foot peg and brake pedal rubbers for Tacos. Also original Steen's taco stickers for the top fork plate.

8. 57dodge

57dodge

I picked this one up a few weeks ago.
    Its 76? DMP Trail Champ.
    DMP stands For Delhi Motor Products which is/was a company In Delhi Ontario.
    Came with one one those knock off Honda engines on it.
    Runs Ok but i need to level off the engine mounting plate , so the engine will sit level.

Attached Files:

9. Kerry67

Kerry67

I picked this one up a couple weeks ago at the Pomona Swap. I got it running but it needs a new throttle cable. Not very good looking yet, but I plan on painting it and doing the seat in metalflake. Should be fun.

Attached Files:

10. need louvers ?

need louvers ?

Not an earthshaking thing, and not great pictures, But I got my female of the species, Judy, to ride the mini tonight! Not often that proud - gotta get her up to speed for the next mini bike drags. We're gonna do a "powder puff" drag with her and Ron Olmstead's wife Jan!

Attached Files:

11. Gassy

Gassy
    from Tennessee

Injuntom you are correct about the Ruttman and the Bonanza.

12. zimm

zimm
    from iowa

im looking for info on running a mikuni carb on a brigs 5 hp any help would be great
    just picked up this rolling frame any idea who made it

Attached Files:

• mini.jpg
      mini.jpg
      File size:
      64.2 KB
      Views:
  13. Kenny P

Kenny P

14. 63gasser

63gasser

i used to have one just like this one!:)

15. Kerry67

Kerry67

I stopped in Dave's Kart & Cycle to get a throttle cable and ended up buying and old Rupp frame. Has the forks, handlebars and gas tank as well. Another project I guess....

16. Luke__805

Luke__805

Anyone know by chance how many of the George Barris Super Stockers were produced? I found one in my garage, I think my dad got it at a garage sale over 15 years ago. Was just curious if these were fairly rare and what their value range is? Thanks guys

17. Kerry67

Kerry67

I did a quick coat of black metal flake on the bike today. Still got a lot more to do but the flake paint looks cool. Going to have a red flaked seat as well.

18. INJUNTOM

INJUNTOM

Fairly rare, but some of us have them. Does yours have a swingarm with shocks, or do the shocks mount to the seat?

19. Kenny P

Kenny P

Click on the pic for a FLYBY.....
    [​IMG]

20. need louvers ?

need louvers ?

Hey guys! Been offline for the last couple of weeks due to some very nasty Asian computer viruses... Can she really kill a computer playing "Happy Farm" Hong Kong? The answer is "yes"!
    In all of this the first weekly minibike night at the Casa de Quinn and Chan made it's debut last Thursday night to a thundering two mini bike count! Hot Rod Ron came over just at sun set and he and I went for a fast paced and probably completely illegal "Hare and Hounds"style run all over mid town Phoenix. I say probably because at one point we actually were pulled over and let go with a warning! We actually rode about two miles north of my house and were within breathing distance of the bar "The George and Dragon" when the request to cease and desist was issued. I felt it better to push down a dark street and fire back up away from view rather than push my luck further. After the little Go Home whistle blows for the most of humanity down here, it becomes pretty quiet, and a great place to ride about and have fun! The evening ended rather abruptly for me when I ran over something much tougher than my rear tire at speed in the dark and had a mini blowout... Not some thing I recommend to the faint of heart. All in all, we had a great evening of medium speed silliness, exactly what mini bikes are made for!
    So here is the deal - from here on out, I declare Thursdays to be Mid town Phoenix mini bike night! If you want to join us, just call me up and get directions and let me know your coming. It's that simple! If I have enough interested people, we will do longer, crazier rides and rallies and stuff, but for now, I'll just lead the pack over one of my many back road and alley routes, and try to end up someplace cool for a drink or what ever. Gorilla masks, Fezzes, and other novelty riding gear are not considered mandatory, but highly encouraged. This will be ride at your own risk, too. Give me a call at 602 881 0175 if you want to have fun!

21. ok thats some funny shit . the cops are alot more eager to take your bike in ny than give you a warning .
    even though everytime i blast my minibike for a test drive there always seems to be a cop waiting on the corner for me.
    the first one laughed when I told him I am testing for a big minibike race on the weekend and said push it home. the second one wasnt so cool he made sure I understood that he has the rite to confiscate that illegal minibike from me.I thought the big minibike race thing sounded pretty good!

22. jaden

jaden

Great post! love the bikes, i have a 3 1971 honda z50's a 72 z50 , two are being rebuilt right now with the green 72 getting the supermoto treatment with polished aluminum rims and street tires. The blue 71 just got a ct 70 motor put in it and when it backfires the fiberglass intake manifold i made lights up i'll post the video of when i first got it running (http://s843.photobucket.com/albums/zz352/jjc817/bikes/?action=view&current=MVI_4711.mp4). Sorry for the poor pictures i have not really done a phot shoot with them.
    jaden

Attached Files:

23. edweird

edweird

that thing is wicked!!! you need to run it at maxton and see what it'll do in a mile.

24. G V Gordon

G V Gordon
    from Enid OK

Minis are just hard to pass up. This one followed me home for ten bucks the other day. Cheap Sunl (chinese) crap.

Looks a little better now.

Attached Files:

Last edited: Oct 2, 2010
  25. loncat

loncat
    from ontario

I have been trying to find one of these. I live in delhi and woul like to restore one for the town. Would like to sell it, or do you know were there are some. Please contact me. I am very interested in the bike.

26. loncat

loncat
    from ontario

I am looking for DMP it was made in Delhi Ontario in the 1970's. I would like any info on them. I would also like to buy any that are for sale. I live in Delhi and would like to restore one for the town musi. Please share any info with me. Thanks

27. loncat

loncat
    from ontario

If anyone knows the guy with the DMP bike or were I can get info on one please contact me 519 429 0852

28. 57dodge

57dodge

Hey, I know that guy! :)
    We can probally work something out, I sent you an Email.

29. porsche930dude

porsche930dude

just gotta get some decals and my Cat is done

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

30. Kerry67

Kerry67

Here she is all painted up (black flake) and with a new seat cover (red flake) and throttle cable. The thing is actually too fast. You have to sit way up on the seat because if you are not, it lifts the front wheels WAY up and actually gets away from you. Trust me, I know this for a fact.

Attached Files: