Register now to get rid of these ads!

Hunnert Car Pileup 2010

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Hellfish, Oct 5, 2010.

1. HFKND1

HFKND1
    from Peoria, IL

The Bombers will be there first thing Friday morning to man the Swap and Vendor gate and areas.
    No Cry Baby Dolls or LeCar parts will be tolerated...........lol!!!!

2. Deadbird

Deadbird

How 'bout tomorrow morning? :D

3. Russco

Russco
    from Central IL

Is that Rick Scotts place?

4. nitrozahn

nitrozahn

Heading down Friday morning. Real excited! Wife and I were off getting hitched last year so we couldn't go. Will be celebrating our 1 year annv at the hunnert! I'm a lucky man! Camping at friends creek. Should be a great weekend!

5. dustdevil

dustdevil
    from illinois

Looks like the weather will be great!! Make sure to stop by my booth outside and say hey and check out some cool art.

6. CURIOUS RASH

CURIOUS RASH
    Classified's Moderator

I'm giddy with anticipation! We'll be there Friday afternoon.

7. luckys8ba

luckys8ba

Can't sleep,leavin friday in the am.

8. yngrodder

yngrodder

:DHi, I would like to update some info for the Pileup. There will be a after Cruisin Eldo party Oct 7 at POP'S PLACE 4335 W MAIN ST. DJ at 8:00 pm with $1.50 PBR'S $2.00 BUD'S and a POST HUNNERT CAR PILEUP PARTY OCT 9 Rockabilly Band THE INDRAS 8-12 pm kitchen til 10pm. This is a cool bar, owner's are car and bike fans, very good food and good times. Ya know, Be there or ah ah be something? anyway come on out should be fun!!!

Is that Rick Scotts place?

YEP!!! Should be a good time There is also a couple bands playing at Franks Tattoo shop and a flame throwing contest at Car Quest on Eldo,

I plan on going up Mid Afternoon and going to the civic center and then hitting both Frank's ( Just a Little Prick Tattoo) and Pop's <!-- / message --><!-- sig -->

9. halfcockedcustoms

halfcockedcustoms

its gettin closer every min. :)

10. hot-rod roadster

hot-rod roadster
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    from Omaha Ne.

Great info and map Hellfish. Were leaving Thursday a.m. Looking foward to it. Gary

11. hotrod34truck

hotrod34truck

i cant wait ill be set up in the trailer spots stop by for all ur vintage furnishings and tiki mugs vintage purses lamps and all kinds of cool stuff

12. 51rat

51rat

Count me in, too.

I have been waiting all year for this weekend.

13. We're heading out Friday! Meeting at Bubba's Hot Rod Shop at 10AM and we're heading out around 10:30AM if anyone want's to join along. We're cruising over on US36 and probably involve an antique store stop or two, lunch, etc...

14. Django

Django
    from Chicago

Frank, there is a giant spectator lot that the cars that don't get in will be filtered into. However unlike the melee in the spectator lot at Morris, at Progress City we have enough room to keep them segregated within the same lot. Cars that don't meet the criteria will be routed into the south lot while the cilvilans will be coming in a completely different entrance towards the north. Eventually the two groups will butt up to each other, but you should be fine early.

15. Django

Django
    from Chicago

Really? What's with all the competing post party's this year?

The Pre Party is at Snapper's in Clinton, at 9pm, with the fried chicken buffet and the musical stylings of the Hot Rod Hucksters and the Del Morrocos.

The official Post Party is at Snapper's in Clinton, at 9pm, with the Pork buffet and the musical stylings of The Dyes and the Honeybees.

The entire downtown is reserved for hot rods and customs only both nights.

16. TudorJeff

TudorJeff

Probably trying to cash in on all them rat rodders that are coming to town Chad :rolleyes:

17. Chris 50

Chris 50

Still trying to tighten up some loose ends on the wagon, but she looks like a go. Between the excitement of having a car to take again and the nervousness of having nearly no miles on it yet, I think my f#!kin' head's going to explode. All this time without a drivable car, I'm just trying to keep my hot rodder license from being revoked. :D

18. Django

Django
    from Chicago

It's ok Chris, you redeemed yourself with your Garagmahal. :D

BTW, are you bringing your striping stuff? I won't be offended if the answer is no. :D

19. Church

Church
    from South Bay

Scooters!!!!

Hahaha. Lies I tell you..... all lies. Aaron, I thought your couch slept one... but stacked two?
    And I grabbed a handful of my new issue before I headed out the door.

20. Hellfish

Hellfish

We gotcha covered, man. Not only did we convince Snappers to import PBR directly from Milwaukee, they're also importing LONE STAR. Who loves ya, baby?

There is a section right next to the inspection gate where cars that don't get in can park, but it's not roped off or anything and it's a long walk to the pedestrian gate. Otherwise you can park in general spectator parking

Bands start at 9 sharp BOTH nights. I think the buffet is from 6-9. Snappers food is goooood.

Dunno and Dunno. There were a LOT of gassers last year. 20 or so. The Bombers told me that they signed up a lot of people for the swap so far and we have about 60 merch vendors (inside and out) selling everything from speed parts to art to vintage clothes.

Something tells me that's not going to happen.

"Ya know, Be there or ah ah be some... where else, like the REAL OFFICIAL post party at Snappers." We have some great bands BOTH nights. The Del Moroccos on Friday are phenomenal. Seriously. Saturday's line up includes great music and hot musicians - the Dyes and the Honeybees. Rockabilly and garage. It's worth the 15 minute drive to park in an old time town square with a bunch of hot rods and listen to great music.

NICE! Congratulations!

Last edited: Oct 6, 2010
  21. Chris 50

Chris 50

I wasn't planning to. It seems I never have the time to see everything and everyone I want to anyway. There's a whole lot 'O fun to stuff into two days ya know.

22. Hellfish

Hellfish

There is some road work on Highway 51 and Interstate 72. They are currently replacing the bridge at this junction point which is south of Forsyth. Southbound traffic is down to one lane during the week however on the weekend all lanes should be open. So, it shouldn't be much of a problem. One route that may work is to use E. Illiniwick Rd. (north of Forsyth) to Greenswitch Rd., to E. Mound Road. This would route you around Forsyth and bring you into Progress City.

23. Django

Django
    from Chicago

Yeah, I figured Chris. I've waited this long... :D

24. Rqketman

Rqketman

I don't think anyone is trying to compete with any OFFICIAL PARTY? The city of Decatur is onbaord for the HCP there will be lots of things going on, I was just thying to let everyone know about a cool place I like. :eek:

25. I know where I'll be at both nights. :cool: Great band line up and I'm most excited about The Dyes and Honeybees.

26. HotRodChassis

HotRodChassis
    Alliance Vendor

That's funny, I don't remember anyone by your name being a Czar. :)

The OFFICIAL Post Party at Snapper's in Clinton will be KICK ASS! TWO bands with HOT CHICKS playing and singing. Who could ask for a better way to end the 9th HCPU!

27. Urgent 3 cases of yuengling and 3 bottles strawberry hooch and 2 lemon have been spotted following behind this henry J in Pennsylvania headed for the hunnertt look out

Attached Files:

28. carbon guy

carbon guy
    from indy

This year just won't be the same without the 4am drive up, and 30-40 degree weather. Looking forward to the new place and a great weekend, see ya there.

29. greendream

greendream

Can't wait! Leaving Friday morning. See you all there!

30. sooo whats the address??????
    tk